Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have always got the feeling Nicks is not the biggest fan of Butts, has left him out of teams & is the player he always wants to sub out too. Personally reckon this is also why a lot of ‘extra effort’ is happening for Petty.
????..

When has butts been “left out of games”..

Never. You just completely made that up.

Only time in the last couple of years that butts hasnt played is due to being injured.

What nicksy has done however is not replaced Butts with another tall KPD when Butts is out injured.. nicksy has instead simply gone in with the 1 tall KPD and run with doedee as a second “kpd”.. with utterly laughable results.

A great shame the Clarry deal didnt work out. Melbourne changed his mind. Alot like Dusty when he almost left Richmond for GWS.
Today weve let Melbourne get the earlier pick off GC in good faith that Petty will be traded to us.
Heavily front loaded contract offered 5 yrs.
Clarry $ still sitting there.

Geelong seemed open to the idea of trading pick 8 with only 1 pick in the first 80.

Would we be interested in trading 14 + 20 for 8?

I like the idea of two top 10 picks.
I think North are more interested in that with their 3 late 1sts.... but hey if we ask the question 1st who knows

A great shame the Clarry deal didnt work out. Melbourne changed his mind. Alot like Dusty when he almost left Richmond for GWS.
Today weve let Melbourne get the earlier pick off GC in good faith that Petty will be traded to us.
Any chance of a another crack next year?

And yet after the trade went through they’ve said no way

Like you have any info.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there’s your pick one - WCE should ask for four of those picks, including 2 and 3, sending some junk back.

Honestly if North were to offer 2 and 3, I think WCE would take it straight away.

It seems like North don't want to give up both picks and instead want to give up one of them packaged up with some of their later first round picks.

I don't think it's enough and if I was WCE I'd be holding out for something better.

Have to say i'm pretty ambivalent about Petty. Would be happy if we got him but won't lose sleep if we don't. Far more upset about Oliver.

What i do like is that we seem to be intent on causing another team in our perceived window to sweat and allocate resources where it would prefer not to do so.

This is the exact strategy that was done to us in respect of Lever/Cameron/McGovern causing our window to shut earlier than it might have otherwise and it's nice to see the shoe on the other foot.
Hearing we could be offering $800k a year for petty makes me want him less..

Ffs.. $800k a year for a KPD?…

What are we paying Murray, ( who I rate more as a KPD), butts and keane a year?..

We need to save our $800k a year salary offers for midfielders.. not KPD’s.

If true.. and lets remember this is the AFL media.. This just reeks of desperation from nicks and his team. Desperate for a good story trade for this year after rankine and dawson in previous years..

$800k a year for Harrison Petty?.. really?.. is he really that good a player?… he’s third banana kpd at his current club ffs.. behind may and lever..

Hearing we could be offering $800k a year for petty makes me want him less..

Ffs.. $800k a year for a KPD?…

What are we paying Murray, ( who I rate more as a KPD), butts and keane a year?..

We need to save our $800k a year salary offers for midfielders.. not KPD’s.

If true.. and lets remember this is the AFL media.. This just reeks of desperation from nicks and his team. Desperate for a good story trade for this year after rankine and dawson in previous years..

$800k a year for Harrison Petty?.. really?.. is he really that good a player?… he’s third banana kpd at his current club ffs.. behind may and lever..
new CBA means $800k is like $700K previously and he can also go forward very effectively - a genuine swingman and that can be quite handy when we need to change it up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back