Preview 2023 Semi Final - Carlton vs Melbourne Friday 15th September 7.50PM @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IN: Matthew Kennedy
OUT: Jack Martin (suspension), Harry McKay (concussion)

Backs:Brodie KempJacob WeiteringNic Newman
Half-backs:Alex CincottaMitch McGovernAdam Saad
Centreline:Blake AcresPatrick CrippsMatthew Cottrell
Half-forwards:Sam DochertyTom De KoningMatthew Owies
Forwards:Lachie FogartyCharlie CurnowJesse Motlop
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraSam Walsh
Interchange:David CuninghamGeorge HewettMatthew Kennedy
Caleb Marchbank
Emergencies:Paddy DowSam DurdinZac Fisher
Ollie Hollands

Both Gov and Newman have fluffed a few, bloody frustrating at times
Despite Newmans form & recent praise he has always been good for the odd howler, as has Gov but we've always known that. He's much better than he was with it, but it still pops up now and then.

Despite Newmans form & recent praise he has always been good for the odd howler, as has Gov but we've always known that. He's much better than he was with it, but it still pops up now and then.
I just hope they don't go into their shell. I'd rather them stuff up that kick then continuously go down the line to a Harry-less pack.

I just hope they don't go into their shell. I'd rather them stuff up that kick then continuously go down the line to a Harry-less pack.
I don't think either are the personality types that start doubting themselves after a turnover. After the game when asked about if he went into his shell after the turnover and Newman bluntly said no. They'll always take them on.

When McKay went off last week, Charlie played much higher.
Evidence would say it didn't really work but they will have learned from that - expect to see more sideways ball movement and TDK being proactive in coming towards the ball if Charlie is playing higher.
Will Melbourne commit to have Lever/May follow Charlie up the ground? That would definitely upset their preferred defensive set up and create opportunities for forwards like TDK and Kennedy.
I feel like we lost our forward structure once H went off last week, even with Martin still there (1 mark inside 50 and 1 goal in the final Q would seem to support this).

If Charlie's getting his kicks up the ground it leaves precious little to go to inside 50.

I feel a jit more confident about Yze winning tomorrow night after seeing on tge H/S website that Mick mcguane has written an article about how te Dees will heatus. Bloke has fair dinkum no idea as Bobby Davis would say.
stop cycling & texting........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Charlie's getting his kicks up the ground it leaves precious little to go to inside 50.

Our effectiveness inside 50 has been attrocious since (coincidentally?) Harry returned.

Hopefully fewer focal points result in eyes being lowered, forwards leading, and hit up targets being hit.

Melbourne defenders will eat long bombs into 50 all day long. If we play that dumb crap football we deserve to lose.

I don't think either are the personality types that start doubting themselves after a turnover. After the game when asked about if he went into his shell after the turnover and Newman bluntly said no. They'll always take them on.

What they say and what they do aren't the same thing.

There was only one time in the whole game last week where Carlton changed angles, switched the ball, and went forward.

We played super safe, predictable, long down the boundary, protect the lead football all game.

We're at our best when we play with a little flair, play on, handball, and don't be so ****ing predicable.

Agree Charlie will have to lead much further up the ground to gain more possessions so to trigger attempts at goals. May & Lever combination are a potent defense combination obviously , must be separated.
The drawback with Charlie playing high forward is we’re considerably weakened within the 50 meter arch.
Harry & Martin missing will limit our goals kicking ability.

What they say and what they do aren't the same thing.

There was only one time in the whole game last week where Carlton changed angles, switched the ball, and went forward.

We played super safe, predictable, long down the boundary, protect the lead football all game.

We're at our best when we play with a little flair, play on, handball, and don't be so ******* predicable.
Thank god we won hey. Might even have had something to do with the swans being close to #1 in punishing teams on turnover with Guilden, Warner etc.

We really had the game under control for most of the night till Harry got injured. I'm sure that we'll try and play differently against the dees to curtail their strengths and exploit their weaknesses.

Thank god we won hey. Might even have had something to do with the swans being close to #1 in punishing teams on turnover with Guilden, Warner etc.

We really had the game under control for most of the night till Harry got injured. I'm sure that we'll try and play differently against the dees to curtail their strengths and exploit their weaknesses.

Also we have won the past 10 out of 11 games.

Introducing our brand new Centre Half Forward, practicing standing on Lever's head.

F54cWETa4AA6ab_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back