List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Can we straight swap Ryan for Coleman?:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Im Not Maya Rudolph GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ralph disclaimer

Ralph may be a smug toolbag, but he has his sources. Say what you like about FoxFooty, but they don't tend to keep journos on unless they get good mail.

As opposed to the conveyor belt of ex-players they keep on, so they can write clickbait leads like "A champion player says something partially controversial..."

I can't speak for others but I am now 100% invested in Ryan and think he will be the best forward in the league next year.

Unless he stays at the Hawks and plays VFL behind Gunston. Spud.

Is it reasonable to assume that Brandon Ryan is a "like for like" replacement for Tommy Fullarton - both around the same age, height and weight. Given that Tom spent the whole year in the Reserves, I guess Brandon would do the same bar an injury to either Hippy or Joe?
Does Brandon offer us anything superior to what Tom promised us and what obviously Melbourne can see in him?

Not sure I’d offer a F2 for Ryan. Watching his VFL highlights he seems to be heavily reliant on his height, whilst his kicking action lacks fluency.

I’d be checking at the kennel to see if Khamis would be open to a 3 year contract for a future second. He’s shown more than Ryan at this point.
I don’t know whether he can ruck but he certainly kicks like a Ruckman.

Lucky we not linked to Ginnivan. After he cannot flop for frees not sure why the interest. Was in VFL a lot of the year
Seems not to chase, do the team thing and seems only interested in social media likes.

Ryan looks ok.. With Gunston going I think Smith/Fort ok for backup.. Or we swing someone from back forward if needed. Or Oscar

Is it reasonable to assume that Brandon Ryan is a "like for like" replacement for Tommy Fullarton - both around the same age, height and weight. Given that Tom spent the whole year in the Reserves, I guess Brandon would do the same bar an injury to either Hippy or Joe?
Does Brandon offer us anything superior to what Tom promised us and what obviously Melbourne can see in him?

Ryan can take a contested mark unlike Fullarton

I’m wondering if we’re planning on tapping out of this draft.

Try and trade what ever we can in to next year on draft night.

I’m kinda hoping we have a gun Academy crop in 2025 and will need points then as well.

Two of them made the U16 AA team. Then we have another 3 or 4 who could potentially be second or third round talents.

Then we have a couple of KPP’s I’m trying to follow for 2026 & 2027 (plus the first of Hodge’s boys in 2026).
Then you dip in to 2026 first rounder.

I haven’t watched a second of Ryan, so I have no idea what he’s like, or value, etc.

There’s quite a few project talls in this draft. Most appear to be defenders though.
I suggest you watch some vision. I love the way he moves. Having him in a full time program, playing on the third banana and learning from Joe and Eric excites me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Chris Fagan and Danny Daly flying down to Melbourne yesterday you would think Brandon Ryan has given an indication that he is keen to move... IMO it will get done late.

I'd be rapt if we added Ryan and McLaughlin this off season, key/3rd tall forward depth sorted, probably still need another tall defender as cover for Payne/Andrews.

I think the thing is with Ryan we all want some sort of shiny new toy, Doedee may be the best player to switch clubs this off season, but we won't get to see him until late next year.

Trade periods can be boring for successful clubs, but would rather be us than Essendon 'winning the trade period' as they've signed 4 journeyman.

Correct, but has been clear indication that they will review it after this trade period: Tiger to stay, draft rules under review, Bomber made to wait

DRAFT MECHANISMS UNDER REVIEW​

THE AFL has told clubs it will be reviewing the bidding system, Next Generation Academy incentives and draft value index as it embarks on the off-season.

Clubs were told in a memo from the League's football boss Laura Kane this week that they would be working with clubs to find further improvements in a range of areas, including the operations of the bidding system for father-sons and Northern Academy players.

DRAFT HUB Click here for the latest draft news

It also said it would be reviewing the restrictions on matching bids for NGA prospects – currently clubs can only match bids outside the top 40 selections – and the discounts that are applied to matching bids as well.

The structure of the draft value index is also expected to be looked at, with the draft points system first introduced in 2015 and having remained the same value per pick throughout that time.

Some clubs feel there is an opportunity to take stock of the draft, bidding, Academy and NGA system in one hit with a lower number of draftees getting selected in recent years and expected again this season. – Callum Twomey

For Ryan, surely the idea of coming to a grand finalist on a three year deal and be a very good chance of being in the side given Fagan's love of a tall forward line would have to be EXTREMELY hard to turn down.

I don’t get the excitement about a 26 year old that has barely done a thing at VFL/AFL level and even less so giving up a second round pick for him, irrespective of what year it’s from.

Would rather Schache back and that’s saying something or hell Gunston stays.

So this bloke is going to compliment our thirst for VFL talls with Lane, Smith, Fort etc., I honestly don’t see the need. If Joe or Eric goes down, just go mobile down forward or bring in Fort.

I don’t get the excitement about a 26 year old that has barely done a thing at VFL/AFL level and even less so giving up a second round pick for him, irrespective of what year it’s from.

Would rather Schache back and that’s saying something or hell Gunston stays.

So this bloke is going to compliment our thirst for VFL talls with Lane, Smith, Fort etc., I honestly don’t see the need. If Joe or Eric goes down, just go mobile down forward or bring in Fort.
Hopefully Ryan is our Tom Stewart who debuted in the AFL as a 24 year old.🤞

Anyone watched much of Ryan? Sounds promising but would be a pretty early pick to hand over.

I am keen on usB
Hopefully Ryan is our Tom Stewart who debuted in the AFL as a 24 year old.🤞
Brody Mihocek drafted at 25yo

Look there are so many examples of the other way around.

But Ryan did kick 3 in his second game, Fullarton has never looked like doing that and been in the AFL system for years now.

Ryan clearly has upside given how recently he was playing local footy. Seems a canny selection to provide someone who could A) play this year and not be too raw but B) also be someone still playing if Daniher when daniher starts to drop off in 2-3 years

We shouldn't get carried away but from a list profile point of view and flag tilt next year he seems ideal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back