List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Future 2nd round and Jack Gunston?

Giving away that 2024 2nd rounder would impede our ability to match bids on Marshall and Ashcroft Jnr... I'm sure the club would have that under control though.
Thought the same re next years draft, part of the report from Morris stated we want it separate to the Gunston deal

They mentioned it would be a separate trade to the Gunston one. 🤔
Maybe they give us a future 3rd for Gunners

Their future third could possibly be close to our future second though.

Gunston was worth a third and a fourth last year when it was thought he could still contribute to us winning the flag. After this year I can't imagine his value would be much more than a future fourth.

Their future third could possibly be close to our future second though.

Gunston was worth a third and a fourth last year when it was thought he could still contribute to us winning the flag. After this year I can't imagine his value would be much more than a future fourth.
We are not getting any better than a third round pick for him and I agree it is probably more likely a fourth round pick.
Would be surprised.
They sent us a player with a dodgy back and we are sending him back with a dodgy knee and back

We have pick 30 to start with.

I expect 47, 51, etc to actually come in, after Gold Coast, Hawthorn & Bulldogs match their kids.

Obviously I’d prefer to package up picks, and move up the draft.
I did not include pick 30 as i don't think we would use that on Ryan.
So. in my opinion just the other picks in play.
That is of course if there is any truth in the reported interest.

If we are making offers to Hawthorn, we can assume Ryan has either requested a trade or shown interest at least.

A three year contract is a lot more security for a 25yo (26 in a month) MSD pick on a one year contract. Would be surprised if he wasn't tempted.

Wouldn't this hamstring us in moving out our future first rounder.....unless we can get a hold of another future second rounder in return?
I don't think we plan on trading our 2024 first round pick at this stage. It sounds like we plan to hold it until next year, and then downgrade it for picks at that time. Now it would just be a gamble. We're more likely to trade picks out of this draft into next year's.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we plan on trading our 2024 first round pick at this stage. It sounds like we plan to hold it until next year, and then downgrade it for picks at that time. Now it would just be a gamble. We're more likely to trade picks out of this draft into next year's.
If we did trade our 2nd rounder 2024 this year does that mean we would have to get another 2nd rounder 2024 back to be able to trade our 1st rounder 2024?

Edit: regardless of when we try to trade it out

If we did trade our 2nd rounder 2024 this year does that mean we would have to get another 2nd rounder 2024 back to be able to trade our 1st rounder 2024?

Edit: regardless of when we try to trade it out
Short answer is no, that only applies for future trading, we will likely trade it out next year for multiple lower picks to accumulate enough points for Levi etc.

Maybe trade pick 30 for Ryan, hawks then use that for Ginnivan.

I’m thinking Ryan is better than a key position player we could get at 30 in this draft. And also ready to go. Question is whether he wants to come and Hawthorn aren’t blessed for key forwards so I’m assuming they wouldn’t want to lose him.

If Gunston is hell bent on leaving then try get a 4th/5th rounder in this draft.

Did they change the rules yet on Academy players on needing a first round pick to match on first round draftees? Would explain why we aren't looking at trading our first round pick this year because of Levi
I haven’t seen any official announcement about actual requirements, but given the uncertainty of both potential changes and where Ashcroft/Marshall will end up, going in with potentially a late 2nd rounder as your best pick wouldn’t be the best management.

Did they change the rules yet on Academy players on needing a first round pick to match on first round draftees? Would explain why we aren't looking at trading our first round pick this year because of Levi
No

I don't like the idea of offering a future pick for Ryan. Brisbane will need heaps of points for Ashcroft, Marshall and Gillett next year. Gold Coast have 3900 points so far this year and their three kids could go No. 2, 6, and 11 which means they'll need 4400 point just to cover these. Brisbane will be faced with similar next year.

I'm not sure how the trades with Ryan/Gunston might occur, as well as amassing more future picks. I would not be surprised if a third or even a fourth club is involved. I think Gold Coast could be involved in Brisbane's need to get this done.

What on earth was Jack thinking...there must be more to this request to return to Hawthorn because the whole process appears half-cocked and seriously flawed.

Isn’t he overseas with Charlie + Sicily currently? Wonder if it’s as simple as he got on the piss one night and Sicily was all “yeah man come back it’s sick, it’ll be great time I’ll talk to Mitch don’t worry” lmao

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back