List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Future 2nd round and Jack Gunston?

Giving away that 2024 2nd rounder would impede our ability to match bids on Marshall and Ashcroft Jnr... I'm sure the club would have that under control though.

Does it though? Isn’t the nature of future picks that you can just continuously feed in from the next draft? Like next year we can trade a bunch of our 2025 draft hand for 2024 picks

I don't like the idea of offering a future pick for Ryan. Brisbane will need heaps of points for Ashcroft, Marshall and Gillett next year. Gold Coast have 3900 points so far this year and their three kids could go No. 2, 6, and 11 which means they'll need 4400 point just to cover these. Brisbane will be faced with similar next year.

I'm not sure how the trades with Ryan/Gunston might occur, as well as amassing more future picks. I would not be surprised if a third or even a fourth club is involved. I think Gold Coast could be involved in Brisbane's need to get this done.
we will have all of our 2025 picks as well as all our 2024 picks minus our second to generate points. that is more than enough

Get it done Dom. Ryan is a jet. As others have mentioned, we have our 2025 first round pick we can dip in to match points

Get it done Dom. Ryan is a jet. As others have mentioned, we have our 2025 first round pick we can dip in to match points
A Jet seems like a bit of overkill for a 25 yr old who has played one game of AFL.
He may suit our game style a bit more than Gunston though if we were to revert back to a 3 tall structure.

A Jet seems like a bit of overkill for a 25 yr old who has played one game of AFL.
He may suit our game style a bit more than Gunston though if we were to revert back to a 3 tall structure.

He’s going to kick 70+ goals in our forwardline next year and you can take that to the BANK

He’s going to kick 70+ goals in our forwardline next year and you can take that to the BANK
Excited The Child GIF by Disney+

Future 2nd round and Jack Gunston?

Giving away that 2024 2nd rounder would impede our ability to match bids on Marshall and Ashcroft Jnr... I'm sure the club would have that under control though.

Should be OK unless Marshall jumps up the boards, and even then.

Remember last year we traded our 1st-4th round picks, McStay (as a free agent), T. Berry and a FR1 for Dunkley, matching picks 2 and 12, Gunston and FR3.

So when the Lachie Schultz trade went through, everyone with at least a quarter of a brain thought to themselves. Oh, this is bad for Ginnivan, get used to the ressies. But no lololol. He's a required player, you're gonna have to pony up...... I think I have spent a total of about two minutes on AFL / BF over the last couple of weeks avoiding all this nonsense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m wondering if we’re planning on tapping out of this draft.

Try and trade what ever we can in to next year on draft night.
I’m kinda hoping we have a gun Academy crop in 2025 and will need points then as well.

Two of them made the U16 AA team. Then we have another 3 or 4 who could potentially be second or third round talents.

Then we have a couple of KPP’s I’m trying to follow for 2026 & 2027 (plus the first of Hodge’s boys in 2026).

I’m wondering if we’re planning on tapping out of this draft.

Try and trade what ever we can in to next year on draft night.

I’m kinda hoping we have a gun Academy crop in 2025 and will need points then as well.

Two of them made the U16 AA team. Then we have another 3 or 4 who could potentially be second or third round talents.

Then we have a couple of KPP’s I’m trying to follow for 2026 & 2027 (plus the first of Hodge’s boys in 2026).
I’m thinking it look like they have little interest in the draft too, unless they can keep one decent pick for a project KPP.

I really think they will pick up a couple of delisted free agents.

The crazy machinations of the last day of the trade period may yet work in our favour.

Our future 2nd round pick for Ryan could get the deal done for Hawthorne to get Ginnivan. Hawthorne aren't expecting much in return for Koschitskie and they still have Chol and someone else to bring in so it could work for them. Then hopefully they see a value in Gunston as a real cheap replacement for Ryan. Maybe we get a 4th or future 4th for Gunston, I'd be happy with a packet of twisties to be honest. Ya never know ya luck in the big city.

Then we pick up McLaughlin as a dfa in the rookie draft or the supplemental. Abracadabra, hocus pocus, and our fwd depth is sorted.

I haven’t watched a second of Ryan, so I have no idea what he’s like, or value, etc.

There’s quite a few project talls in this draft. Most appear to be defenders though.

I’m thinking it look like they have little interest in the draft too, unless they can keep one decent pick for a project KPP.

I really think they will pick up a couple of delisted free agents.
I dont think we've done that since maybe Matt Maguire. Our team usually have the odd project they like in the 3rd or 4th round. Usually someone we've never heard of, someone who has a trait but hasn't put it all together yet. Perfectly fine to take a long shot. They dont all have to pay off. Jimmy Tunstill, Henry Smith, Harry Sharp... They're what come to mind.

I haven’t watched a second of Ryan, so I have no idea what he’s like, or value, etc.

There’s quite a few project talls in this draft. Most appear to be defenders though.
Round 21 kicked 3 against the pies at the G, having made an impressive 1 goal debut against the Saints at Marvel the week before as a fantasy player he really caught my eye.

Nicknamed Sticks as in Kernahan, seem to recall a few contested marks.

Think he can add to our potency if we ever want to play 3 talls.

I don't like the idea of offering a future pick for Ryan. Brisbane will need heaps of points for Ashcroft, Marshall and Gillett next year. Gold Coast have 3900 points so far this year and their three kids could go No. 2, 6, and 11 which means they'll need 4400 point just to cover these. Brisbane will be faced with similar next year.

I'm not sure how the trades with Ryan/Gunston might occur, as well as amassing more future picks. I would not be surprised if a third or even a fourth club is involved. I think Gold Coast could be involved in Brisbane's need to get this done.
If Marshall and Gillett turn out to be first round prospects then we can't match both anyway. If we end up top 4 again we'll be limited to matching only one academy player.

Gold coast would've had the same problem if they were top 4 this year. Academy system is designed to limit the NGA club ability to hoard them all if club are already tracking well and multiple players in draft are first round prospects.

Not sure I’d offer a F2 for Ryan. Watching his VFL highlights he seems to be heavily reliant on his height, whilst his kicking action lacks fluency.

I’d be checking at the kennel to see if Khamis would be open to a 3 year contract for a future second. He’s shown more than Ryan at this point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back