List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

You openly acknowledge you know nothing about Ryan and go on record denigrating him.
Not sure who is the bigger potato?

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Denigrating him how?

Yep a 26 year old with 3 games whose barely done much even at VFL level or unable to play TAC footy is now worth a second rounder and questioning his worth and ability is denigrating him? Oh and we’re offering him 3 years, yet blokes like Lester are lucky to get one.

So we lose both Gunston and Fullerton, you now have 2 days to find some cover for those guys. Good luck to you sir
There’s a bloke that led the VFL goalkicking for the Suns who could come for free as a DFA. Not to mention elsewhere for free. Are we really looking that hard if we need to cough up a second rounder when experienced AFL players changing clubs aren’t getting?

There’s a bloke that led the VFL goalkicking for the Suns who could come for free as a DFA. Not to mention elsewhere for free. Are we really looking that hard if we need to cough up a second rounder when experienced AFL players changing clubs aren’t getting?

Nah you're right. You know more than the people running our club

Have thought the same about Mclaughlin, but why is he still on the market when a lot of teams are looking for talls

If we lose the grand final again next year, which means we finish 17th, and with a full suite of picks, we would have 1724 points.

To match a bid at pick 4, a team needs 1627 points.

This is before the points system is reviewed, and any changes are implemented next year.

If we lose the grand final again next year, which means we finish 17th, and with a full suite of picks, we would have 1724 points.

This is before the points system is reviewed, and any changes are implemented next year.

It would make sense for any changes to points to be implemented in 2025 as teams will have made decisions for next year this year with futures.

Trading your first round pick down usually nets you ~400-500 points before taking into account then trading those picks further down.

Have you stood next to Joe in person?
I’m bigger and I’m not a professional athlete. Not quiet as tall but close enough.

When he stands next to key defenders he looks slight. And he doesn’t exactly use his size that well. Prefers to run and jump for those miracle marks that at best creates a contest but often just gives away stupid free kicks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denigrating him how?

Yep a 26 year old with 3 games whose barely done much even at VFL level or unable to play TAC footy is now worth a second rounder and questioning his worth and ability is denigrating him? Oh and we’re offering him 3 years, yet blokes like Lester are lucky to get one.

Makes Ratagolea worth a top 3 pick in comparison

Trading your first round pick down usually nets you ~400-500 points before taking into account then trading those picks further down.
And trading future picks into the year if needs be.

And taking a deficit on a future pick.

If we got enough for Ashcroft and Fletcher while also bringing in Dunkley, I have zero stress about meeting a few bids even if the rules change.

Come on mate, you more than anyone knows that, by the time draft night 2024 comes around we will have considerably more than the 1724 points. For a draft guru such as yourself this would be a challenge to look forward to, not crying 13 months out about losing a pick in the 30’s.🤣

Let’s face it. I’m not happy about this apparent acquisition. **** goes back to Hawks for another top up (shock me). But to be honest at this stage of the trade period and the disgraceful effort by Gunston to snake his way back to the Hawks after a spudding it up here…. We don’t really have any other option unless we give barely VFL standard Smith and Lane a go. Even then they are ruckman.

Through Gunstons pathetic actions and **** obsession with bringing in Hawks fringe players we will land this bloke and will pay overs. FFS. luckily we got some locked in talent next year to take these bent over deals.

Let’s face it. I’m not happy about this apparent acquisition. **** goes back to Hawks for another top up (shock me). But to be honest at this stage of the trade period and the disgraceful effort by Gunston to snake his way back to the Hawks after a spudding it up here…. We don’t really have any other option unless we give barely VFL standard Smith and Lane a go. Even then they are ruckman.

Through Gunstons pathetic actions and **** obsession with bringing in Hawks fringe players we will land this bloke and will pay overs. FFS. luckily we got some locked in talent next year to take these bent over deals.

Wrong account McIvor.

stick figure dancing GIF
stick figure dancing GIF
stick figure dancing GIF

Our forward line. The 3 stick figures.
They are so Insink.

2nd rounder for Ryan just seems out of whack with reality given he will be 26 next month and has done stuff all. Especially when compared with Koschitzke who is 23 and is also from Hawthorn, has shown more and is reportedly going for much less. The deal as reported just seems odd.

If it is true I think it could flag that the club anticipates losing at least one decent player next year. We do need points and I do not think we would want to go into deficit for the following year. I think they anticipate trading someone for points.

2nd rounder for Ryan just seems out of whack with reality given he will be 26 next month and has done stuff all. Especially when compared with Koschitzke who is 23 and is also from Hawthorn, has shown more and is reportedly going for much less. The deal as reported just seems odd.

If it is true I think it could flag that the club anticipates losing at least one decent player next year. We do need points and I do not think we would want to go into deficit for the following year. I think they anticipate trading someone for points.

You do have a fair bit more power when you're chasing an uncontracted player

Yep the AFLs implementation of new drafting/trading rules is incompetent and amateurish. Changes should have a minimum 2 year lead in to allow clubs to adjust.

Collingwood don't have any highly rated father/sons next year though (as far as I know). AFL could see this as the perfect opportunity to introduce new rules.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back