List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why don’t we give them pick 30 this year. Then ask for a 4th for Gunston. I would rather keep the future pick. There will be higher demand for our picks next year. The players spoken about around our current pick 30 don’t look great. Ryan fills a need for a couple of years at least without having to draft a young key forward for the sake of depth this year.

With picks beyond 20 in the draft it’s very often poor quality. And this year is a shallow draft. We are in the window so we can afford to use later picks on ressie grade players that you have more info on. A guy like Mannagh from Werribee isn’t being talked about in the top 40 or even 50 atm. Although I think north will pick him. He’s shown more evidence of AFL qualities than anything else I’ve seen from the 10-30 range in the draft. Against men. And I think he’s a direct replacement for Zorko in that high forward role for 5-6 years. A great pressure forward and key defender should be the focus for our late picks. Payne can’t be relied on to play a full season and Joyce isn’t up to it in my opinion. Gardiner and Lester a bit undersized so they don’t really free up Andrews which is the aim.

Danny Daley saying they would have picked up Ryan in the mid season draft if they had a pick, he wants to get to the Lions and the deal may or may not involve Jack Gunston, and no mention of draft picks. Ryan has been targeted for Fullertons role and it sounded like they have been tracking him for a while, also said they will pay Hugh whatever they have to laughing, in response to a question about Hugh and the possibility of a million dollar a year contract.

Danny Daley saying they would have picked up Ryan in the mid season draft if they had a pick, he wants to get to the Lions and the deal may or may not involve Jack Gunston, and no mention of draft picks. Ryan has been targeted for Fullertons role and it sounded like they have been tracking him for a while, also said they will pay Hugh whatever they have to laughing, in response to a question about Hugh and the possibility of a million dollar a year contract.
Going after Brandon Ryan makes even more sense now that we have been keen on him earlier than the last week or so.

With the increase in the salary cap it will be interesting to see who will be our first Million dollar player, have to be one of Harris Andrews or Hugh McCluggage IMO.

They are only saying that because they read Bigfooty. If that was the case they would have said that earlier than now

They are only saying that because they read Bigfooty. If that was the case they would have said that earlier than now
Exactly. If the Lions were balls deep as they are sprouting they would have been in his managers ear telling him to think hard about the one year extension he signed recently and that Lions would be coming hard for him at seasons end. The fact he signed a one year deal indicates he likely never even heard anything from us. He could have leveraged the chat to better his contract status at hawks. All smoke and mirrors and the club trying to ease supporters concerns with this "we always wanted him" bs. When in reality the club is now forced to spend overs for a VFL spud to save face.

I can see why they call you Special
Bruce is an riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, disappeared from Big Footy for 19 years and suddenly reappeared... my guess he was part of the Melbourne Mafia and a character in Underbelly was based on Special Bruce, recently released from prison.

Bruce is an riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma, disappeared from Big Footy for 19 years and suddenly reappeared... my guess he was part of the Melbourne Mafia and a character in Underbelly was based on Special Bruce, recently released from prison.

Close

Officially on King Brandon's wagon after seeing those clips !
I've only seen the still images and I'm shocked we're not giving up our future first! We're getting a bargain!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. If the Lions were balls deep as they are sprouting they would have been in his managers ear telling him to think hard about the one year extension he signed recently and that Lions would be coming hard for him at seasons end. The fact he signed a one year deal indicates he likely never even heard anything from us. He could have leveraged the chat to better his contract status at hawks. All smoke and mirrors and the club trying to ease supporters concerns with this "we always wanted him" bs. When in reality the club is now forced to spend overs for a VFL spud to save face.
This kind of post is why I don't miss Dylan during the trade period.

Geelong got a delightful pair of steak knives while trading out Esava Ratugolea... picks 76 and 94 from Port is elite recruiting by the Cats.

Plenty of smoke behind the mirrors in this one.

If we lose the grand final again next year, which means we finish 17th, and with a full suite of picks, we would have 1724 points.

To match a bid at pick 4, a team needs 1627 points.

This is before the points system is reviewed, and any changes are implemented next year.
That’s also before any trades of picks or outgoing players, or tapping into 2025 stock. Covering points will never be an issue, Dom and co are consummate professionals.

It must be shit for you being so negative all the time, Fullerton, who he will replace wasn’t exactly tearing it up so maybe let’s see him play a few games in our system before we start calling him names. Although Spud Frawley was pretty good.

This kind of post is why I don't miss Dylan during the trade period.

It's fascinating for a student of ecology. If ever there was an example of a niche being filled in an ecosystem.

Port currently winning the trade period with guns Sweet and Ratugolea coming in, hopefully they drag a great selection with their first pick in the draft at pick 112. :eek:

img_0040-jpeg.1834430

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back