List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dayne Zorko, properly managed, will still be a weapon next September.

Yeah Zorko gets another year if he feels he can go on.

Our midfield depth is a quite concerning. We really need Tunstill and Sharp to come on and hope Wilmot can move up there. Especially if Dev goes. Fletcher and Ashcroft x 2 will help but as good as they are/will be, they are still extremely young.

Our strength and conditioning program has been elite - long may this continue!

Getting 15 elite games out of Zorko in 2024 would be much more valuable than Tunstill or pick 30 next year getting those games. To keep this window open we need to support the transition from zorko to neale to dunkley/mcclugge to washcroft. We dont need to be like the Roos and get rid of a club icon like Harvey and then lose all that culture in the bin to become a basketcase pauper panhandling to the AFL. Having Zorko for 15 odd games means Neale, Bags, Dunkley goes into 2024 finals more rested and the pressure is off of washcroft as he returns from his acl

What is Tom Fullerton worth in a trade?

Essendon on the lookout for a mature 2nd / 3rd string ruck, Fullerton seems to have (some) ability to play forward which I like. If we could have him for a 4th and your blessing that would be an added bonus for us. You guys wouldn't want to lose depth and would understand if you'd want a pick in the 30s', not sure the market is dictating that sort of value despite being in his prime is still behind Oscar and Fort.

Getting 15 elite games out of Zorko in 2024 would be much more valuable than Tunstill or pick 30 next year getting those games. To keep this window open we need to support the transition from zorko to neale to dunkley/mcclugge to washcroft. We dont need to be like the Roos and get rid of a club icon like Harvey and then lose all that culture in the bin to become a basketcase pauper panhandling to the AFL. Having Zorko for 15 odd games means Neale, Bags, Dunkley goes into 2024 finals more rested and the pressure is off of washcroft as he returns from his acl
You can't guarantee 5 elite games from zorko next year let alone 15 it's time for the club to thank him for his services.

Essendon on the lookout for a mature 2nd / 3rd string ruck, Fullerton seems to have (some) ability to play forward which I like. If we could have him for a 4th and your blessing that would be an added bonus for us. You guys wouldn't want to lose depth and would understand if you'd want a pick in the 30s', not sure the market is dictating that sort of value despite being in his prime is still behind Oscar and Fort.
There was talk earlier in the season (post bye) that St Kilda were interested in Fullerton.

He’s very much a forward ruck, and not a back up ruck. Plays in a similar vein as Hipwood and Daniher, except he’s right footed. Also has good ground skills and hands for a tall player.

Not saying that Fullerton doesn't go hard and wouldn't be a good acquisition but I reckon you some real hard nuts to straighten up your team first.

Its also not as if Zorko has stepped up in finals

Finished the regular season well though

Tbh the beauty of our finals games has been how even the contribution has been. We haven't needed a De Goey performance to carry us over the line. Champion teams win flags.

There was talk earlier in the season (post bye) that St Kilda were interested in Fullerton.

He’s very much a forward ruck, and not a back up ruck. Plays in a similar vein as Hipwood and Daniher, except he’s right footed. Also has good ground skills and hands for a tall player.
Yeah, reckon a Marvel based side might suit Tom. Like a number of basketballer-cum-footballers we’ve had, struggles a bit in the elements.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not much. From memory he's out of contract so he's not been a priority and he hasn't exactly come on. The usual going rate for that is a third round pick or a pick upgrade.

Zorko is still one of the best users of the ball by foot on the team. He's still capable of 3 n 4 efforts, still capable of being inspirational.

If Dev decides to leave I think we'll need him in his current role for next year. His fwd pressure, his ability to get back in defense and help out etc will be needed at least till Ashcroft returns and Lohmann heals from his shoulder injury and gains match fitness. He hasn't been in the midfield as much as he use to, probably because Dev has been good there, but can still help out there if needed.

More than happy to give him another year.

Not much. From memory he's out of contract so he's not been a priority and he hasn't exactly come on. The usual going rate for that is a third round pick or a pick upgrade.
I value your opinion old mate, could he, at a pinch, play #1 ruck for a few weeks if Draper &/or Bryan are injured? that's the nuts and bolts of the suggestion

Yeah Zorko gets another year if he feels he can go on.

Our midfield depth is a quite concerning. We really need Tunstill and Sharp to come on and hope Wilmot can move up there. Especially if Dev goes. Fletcher and Ashcroft x 2 will help but as good as they are/will be, they are still extremely young.

Our strength and conditioning program has been elite - long may this continue!
Absolutely agree with this.

An injury or two to our midfield group - on top of Ashcroft being out for at least half the year - and we will be very lean for options.

I’d be all for recruiting a mature age mid who can contribute when needed. Ashcroft being 19, coming off a knee, should be eased in upon return. Harder to do when his natural game is as a mid, but it would be in his best interests longer term to let him develop a bit more outside when he comes back. All in IMO.

Think Tom Cutler. 2 first rounders😂

I value your opinion old mate, could he, at a pinch, play #1 ruck for a few weeks if Draper &/or Bryan are injured? that's the nuts and bolts of the suggestion
Only if you want to lose. He's not physical enough to spend real minutes in the ruck.

Yes at a pinch. he seems to lack confidence, Rucked against Grundy in a match we were competitive. Didn’t win many taps but did a bit around the ground. Has developed abit physically since then.

I'd still be surprised if Zorko plays on if we win the flag. I think he's still got a season of footy in him but would we rather see the likes of Lohamann and Tunstill get more time insteasd?
We are in a window now and presumably next year as well. Until either of those players can consistently put in better performances than Zorko he deserves to retain his spot. A one year contract is nothing really and if either of those two guy overtake Zorks during the season then there is nothing wrong with him playing in the 2's which I believe he would understand.

Zorko will get his year if he wants due to his service to the club. However if you are not going forward in this game then you are going backwards so we should be planning the phase out from round one.

Nothing wrong with a bit of list turnover to keep things fresh.

Wonder if Dev staying or going depends if win a flag tomorrow.

Unless we have someone else lined up Zorko should get another season. Let's see how he goes at the big dance tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back