List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread II - Goldy&Bucket➡️✅/'24 EoFR & #44➡️Stephens&#25✅/#21&#25➡️Fisher&#17✅/'24 EoFR➡️#18✅

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Shinboners!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't change the offer and can only register one FA contract, after that it is matched or not. If it is matched the options for the player is accept to stay, be traded or go into the draft.

That’s my understanding.

Also I believe other clubs eg:Hawks can put in offers after the original one is matched.

Anyone else get the feeling that the AFL's secret herbs and spices compo process is going to * us? It makes the Reid trade (if 2+14 is what it'll take to get it done) a much more complicated proposition. Such campaignerss
You gotta wonder what BMac’s manager has actually done around this deal…..if he’s agreed to performance base, or whatever, and let the Hawks offer be higher, then WTF is his actual role? That’s terrible management IMO.
* are known to be campaigners with any deal, so surely there were parameters put around their offer to guarantee his client’s wishes.
It’s pretty bizarre.

So we go to Wc and offer pick2 and 14

they say no, we want more

we ok.....bye
keep 2 and 3
offer GWS 2024 pick 19 and 2024 pick 20 for their pick 7 and Haynes salary dump
then go to GC and offer #14, #19 and F#2 for their Pick 5 and their F2 coming back

finishing up with #2, #3, #5, #7 and Haynes also use later picks for Fisher, Stevens and Pink

seems to easy.....what am l missing?

That’s my understanding.

Also I believe other clubs eg:Hawks can put in offers after the original one is matched.

Without knowing what the original offer was ie Dutch auction?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

we ok.....bye
keep 2 and 3
then go to GC and offer #14, #19 and F#2 for their Pick 5 and their F2 coming back

finishing up with #2, #3, #5, #7 and Haynes also use later picks for Fisher, Stevens and Pink

That there will be a little more trade action to come other than stephens and fisher... we won't have that hand come draft time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

we ok.....bye
keep 2 and 3

We should be offering WC no more than pick 2 and and one of the assistant picks from next year.

That is still 450 points over 'fair value' - take it or leave it.

We should be offering WC no more than pick 2 and and one of the assistant picks from next year.

That is still 450 points over 'fair value' - take it or leave it.

We're not going to waste either clubs time with "final" offers like that if we really want Reid.

People are going to be disappointed if we land pick one.

At a minimum, but agree. Enough to sell to their fans.
Think people, particularly WC supporters, are forgetting that they are sliding back 1 spot, not 3, 4 or 5 spots. They get who they see as 2nd on their board plus another first rounder. Nothin to be sneezed at.

I would be happy to take Curtin with 2, McKercher with 3 (if we get that compo), trade out pick 14 and one of next years end of round one compos to trade up to say Essendon or Geelong to get O’Sullivan. I would then take Leake if he’s available with pick 19.
As a non-expert, am wondering why Curtin isn't rated higher by the experts. Would be absolutely rapt with him and McKercher.

You gotta wonder what BMac’s manager has actually done around this deal…..if he’s agreed to performance base, or whatever, and let the Hawks offer be higher, then WTF is his actual role? That’s terrible management IMO.
* are known to be campaigners with any deal, so surely there were parameters put around their offer to guarantee his client’s wishes.
It’s pretty bizarre.
Exactly this, makes zero sense from B-Mac and his manager's point of view. Surely, however they have come to deciding on *, part of that decision would be * assuring them they were prepared to do what was needed for B-Mac to end up there.

Playing these games and trying to place conditions on an offer that triggers band 1, has the potential to put the whole deal in jeopardy.

If part of *'s offer didn't include assurances to make his move smooth, it is terrible from his manager, if it did and * are now not honouring that, his manager should be at the very least threatening to go back to the Swans or Hawks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The deadline to lodge is 5pm Friday. The matching deadline is 5pm Monday. We will get 72 hours.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ah shit, you're right.
I was going off the pinned post from the draft forum: Confirmed - 2023 Key Dates, Confirmed Trades & Free Agency Moves
But I just realised its a typo, and it is indeed Monday close of business.
Sorry gokangas and thanks for the clarification hilly

Think people, particularly WC supporters, are forgetting that they are sliding back 1 spot, not 3, 4 or 5 spots. They get who they see as 2nd on their board plus another first rounder. Nothin to be sneezed at.
It looks like a few people on this board - probably Brady as well by the sounds of things - need to read a bit more about the art of negotiation.

We aren't negotiating with ourselves here - there is another party who is motivated to achieve a result ie get Curtin and get something 'extra'. This is a 1 pick upgrade where the party downgrading is also getting what they want.

If we offer anything resembling another decent first rounder on top of pick 2 then we have sold ourselves severely short here.

We're all assuming they either don't have Reid as a clear 1 and/or they have reservations about taking him.

We're also assuming we don't have Reid as a clear 1.

We're all assuming they either don't have Reid as a clear 1 and/or they have reservations about taking him.

We're also assuming we don't have Reid as a clear 1.
Well I can only speak for myself, but I think everyone has Reid as clear number one. WC definitely have reservations about taking him, whether they admit it or not……doesn’t mean they wouldn’t take him though. Everyone wants to make their draft hand stronger, so why wouldn’t they explore how they can do this.
There’s also the possibility that this whole thing has been stage managed by the AFL too and all these deals are already done. WC getting 2, 14 and one of our Future PP. …… you’d like to think not, but nothin would surprise me.

I just can't get used to hating the fact we actually won that last game. Doesn't feel right but it seems to have potentially come at quite a cost.

Imagine the young guys coming in + Sheez etc. potential new coaches seeing us throw a a game we won by 6 goals.

If Reid is THAT much of a difference between us getting any better, then we are well and truly forked.

We still have a very good draft hand. This isn't slipping from pick 2 to 6. Just one spot.

The win wasn't a false dawn, we lost 20 in a row so we know we're still crap. But there needs to be some positivity heading into next season after how cactus the last 12 months has been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back