List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:

Pretty sure we re-jigged Ahern's contract. Stephenson as well? Or was that just an extension?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

IIRC Stephenson was an extension at the same dollars.

anyone got any news on whether GWS are looking at a salary dump for Haynes and whether we are into him? Think if McKay leaving is a done deal then he would be a good mature replacement to target who’s salary we could take on, along with some draft compo like a second rounder (would prefer that they give us a first rounder but I think they will possibly go after Harley Reid) which would fill the void with logue out and give a couple years until a KPD draftee is ready like a Curtin or O’Sullivan

If we are going to take Haynes as a salary dump we should be expecting a good pick, not just the best pick gws is willing to.give up.

I'm a huge Haynes fan, but his best years are behind him. Could be ok as a stop gap for a year or 2, but only if it didn't cost us too much

Hawthorn have apparently talked to him and agreed terms. Existing contract to be honoured and a draft pick - the question is - which one?

It's up to GWS now.

This is according to Hawthorn ITK's - I'm just repeating it. :)

Kid, I've got a long list of spuds who have turned up on our lawn.

Bourke, Olarenshaw, Calthorpe, Power, Ray, Hartung (he wasn't too bad actually), Polec, Tyson etc etc.
You can't mention Polec as a bust without including Pittard.

Also, Gysberts. I've lost count of the number of first round draft picks who've joined us from other clubs, only to be a bust. I hope Log bucks the trend!

Didn’t Geelong rejigg Bowes contract to split it over 4 years when they bought him on?
You can extent a contract but clubs are unable to pay money that is owed from a previous contact on a new contract.
Hence why heavily back loading contracts usually means a team will look to trade them later as they don't want to pay 4 years worth of salary all at once.
Same thing happened with buddy, I think his was back ended too and Sydney were unable to rejig the free agency contract.

You can't mention Polec as a bust without including Pittard.

Also, Gysberts. I've lost count of the number of first round draft picks who've joined us from other clubs, only to be a bust. I hope Log bucks the trend!
Forgot bonar too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't believe we can change his contract from GWS. What he'd be on next year is what he's on next year. That's the issue, otherwise GWS would have just extended his contract and softened out the money themselves
Why didn’t GC do that with Bowes?

Would an an incredible dimension to our backline and would probably be worth the Port pick.
My admittedly racist Hawthorn- supporting uncle thinks Jiath's brain regularly malfunctions. I agree with him to an extent but would still have him at North (Jiath, not my uncle). Port pick might be a bit steep. Earlyish second would be about right imo, though how that would unfold is anyone's guess

* fans think if McKay nominates them, they won't submit a FA offer and force a trade in trade week for him, because Parish is likely off.

Pocketing Parish's compo and trading for McKay.......

This is the beginning of the back and forward for the next few months...
Yeah there is a lot to play out. Parish situation. Which teams out of Bombers, Swans, Hawks, Blues, Port or Saints make a play for McKay?
I wouldn't rule out the Saints if they have cap space, they only really have Wilkie back there.

Kid, I've got a long list of spuds who have turned up on our lawn.

Bourke, Olarenshaw, Calthorpe, Power, Ray, Hartung (he wasn't too bad actually), Polec, Tyson etc etc.
Bourke = Shoestring Fries
Olarenshaw = Pub Style
Calthorpe = Beer Batter Potato Wedge
Power = Waffle Cut
Ray = Thin & Crispy
Hartung = Potato Gem
Polec = Crinkle Cut
Tyson = Deli Style

Hawthorn have apparently talked to him and agreed terms. Existing contract to be honoured and a draft pick - the question is - which one?

It's up to GWS now.

This is according to Hawthorn ITK's - I'm just repeating it. :)
Hmm... setting up for a Harley Reid offer, maybe

GETTABLE: Hawks eye 'young superstar', how Roos can trade up, do Pies chase gun?

Cheers. What's the cliff notes without having to listen to the whole 40 mins? Does it sound like we'll be trading for pick 1 if we don't finish last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back