List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
Never underestimate a player scorned. It will come down to the dollars, and he is we’ll within he’s rights not to put a loyalty discount on it.
Agree with this

Coupled with LDU being his close mate bonar too and the long we he stays out of contract Hunter Clark will still be in play and this time saints won’t have the leverage

Will Clark hold his spot when all of their guys come back? He's off the interchange every game this year, not that its everything.

We’ll be a lot younger next year when Goldy and likely Ziebell retire end of this year

And replaced by CCJ and Perez/Goater

If Zeibell holds his form, I’m not against him going around again. Goldy is a better option for another year over Free.

If Cunners wasn’t contracted he could be in some trouble.

Did Greenwood have a trigger in his contract?

I don’t like it when we are called a young team. We‘re really not. The list needs a lot of work and an injection of more young talent before we can seriously rise I think.

Don't disagree and will add we have a young squad though. Our older team is by design and happenstance which is important to remember

Shiels- No one is thinking he'll play 50 games for us.
Howe- as above, a great trainer, which our guys needed to see first hand
Goldy- we prefer Xerri, he's injured
Cunners- seems he's a little ways back in the pecking order, understandably of course & with Wardlaw to come. Still rate him but heck he's not gotten any quicker lol.
JZ- playing so well, we'd miss him the most
Greenwood- he's been good, but yeah not exactly in our plans for season 2025 I'd suggest

Our spine

McKay- 50 odd games
Logue- 70 off games
Xerri- 20 odd
Comben- 5/6
Larkey- 70 odd

^^^ that is a young/inexperienced group

Then we have a plethora of great to good mids that are young. A decent small fwd, two wingers, and a couple of back flankers and we're good to go. Maybe some trades could assist plus Goater ( we're still not sure of his best position), Bergman, Wardlaw and 2023 two firsts could just about get the job done

Our older players aren't like a Buddy FF type, they're mostly bit part types now.

I don't tend to follow the youngsters pre-draft, rather critic 3/4 four years later :p I think with CCJ, Xerri, Edwards, Comben, Logue, Larkey, McKay and Corr we're not as bereft of talls as some think.

( For the masses)
We don't need another bloody midfielder either, so was thinking could we swap our first which is probably 3 or 4 for two later firsts, or that wouldn't be worth it to anyone?

Don't disagree and will add we have a young squad though. Our older team is by design and happenstance which is important to remember

Shiels- No one is thinking he'll play 50 games for us.
Howe- as above, a great trainer, which our guys needed to see first hand
Goldy- we prefer Xerri, he's injured
Cunners- seems he's a little ways back in the pecking order, understandably of course & with Wardlaw to come. Still rate him but heck he's not gotten any quicker lol.
JZ- playing so well, we'd miss him the most
Greenwood- he's been good, but yeah not exactly in our plans for season 2025 I'd suggest

Our spine

McKay- 50 odd games
Logue- 70 off games
Xerri- 20 odd
Comben- 5/6
Larkey- 70 odd

^^^ that is a young/inexperienced group

Then we have a plethora of great to good mids that are young. A decent small fwd, two wingers, and a couple of back flankers and we're good to go. Maybe some trades could assist plus Goater ( we're still not sure of his best position), Bergman, Wardlaw and 2023 two firsts could just about get the job done

Our older players aren't like a Buddy FF type, they're mostly bit part types now.

I don't tend to follow the youngsters pre-draft, rather critic 3/4 four years later :p I think with CCJ, Xerri, Edwards, Comben, Logue, Larkey, McKay and Corr we're not as bereft of talls as some think.

( For the masses)
We don't need another bloody midfielder either, so was thinking could we swap our first which is probably 3 or 4 for two later firsts, or that wouldn't be worth it to anyone?
Melbourne and #sobraves have two each, unless someone gives us their next year

Thanks to Lore

I’d give up half our list and our first pick for Kozzie Pickett.

Is easily the biggest missing link on our list atm, is a bloke that is lightning quick, can crumb, apply manic pressure and make defenders nervous.

Our attempt at this is Turner who is being applauded for laying 2 tackles on the weekend and reviving his career although he offers as much as an offensive threat as me on the couch sitting at home?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is easily the biggest missing link on our list atm, is a bloke that is lightning quick, can crumb, apply manic pressure and make defenders nervous.

Our attempt at this is Turner who is being applauded for laying 2 tackles on the weekend and reviving his career although he offers as much as an offensive threat as me on the couch sitting at home?

The irony is the future first (Powell) we gave up could have been kept to take pickett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The irony is the future first (Powell) we gave up could have been kept to take pickett

“Hey Luffy, should we look at Kozzie Pickett”?

“Nah, trade that pick for a future first, Melbourne won’t win a game and there’s a better player coming through called Phoenix Spicer”.

Totally agree but we need another gun KPD, a KPF and potentially another ruck too.

If we’re no chance of getting Kossie, Tyler Brockman could be worth a chat to.
Only played 13 games and is OOC this year. His draft profile says;

At 181cm, Brockman is quite strong at the contest and has the kind of explosive quality which catches the eye. He showcased his burst of speed during preseason testing with a 20m sprint time of 2.93 seconds, putting him in the elite category. That figure translates to his on-field form too, as Brockman loves to quickly burn his opponents after snaffling the ball up, before releasing a quality pass forward. His pace is also a factor in being able to apply good defensive pressure, an invaluable trait for modern day small forwards. Brockman averaged 4.7 tackles per his 10 WAFL Colts games this year.

Despite giving us a touch up last week, he doesn’t seem a favourite of Mitchell, in and out of the seniors and got subbed out today.

Something about him I really like..

“Nah, trade that pick for a future first, Melbourne won’t win a game and there’s a better player coming through called Phoenix Spicer”.

Extremely happy with Tom Powell personally.

My dream trade prospectus would be something like:

Kozzie with Port's 1st
Himmelberg as free agent (to be played as a bona fide swingman)

McCluggage as RFA
Tim English RFA
Ben King OOC
Liam Baker OOC

( For the masses)

We do need genuine hard running wingman.

If Port’s pick is around 10-14 I wouldn’t be against down grading it for a later first, a 2nd and a future 2nd. I’d wait until trade night though as many clubs pay overs for specific players on draft night.

We still need to get lots of quality in the door and if we can’t attract them via trade/FA then we need to get more top 30 picks.

Nick Watson is the answer

When doing a rebuild you don’t start by getting a small forward - even the hawks took Cyril in Clarkos 3rd season

Totally agree but we need another gun KPD, a KPF and potentially another ruck too.

If we’re no chance of getting Kossie, Tyler Brockman could be worth a chat to.
Only played 13 games and is OOC this year. His draft profile says;

At 181cm, Brockman is quite strong at the contest and has the kind of explosive quality which catches the eye. He showcased his burst of speed during preseason testing with a 20m sprint time of 2.93 seconds, putting him in the elite category. That figure translates to his on-field form too, as Brockman loves to quickly burn his opponents after snaffling the ball up, before releasing a quality pass forward. His pace is also a factor in being able to apply good defensive pressure, an invaluable trait for modern day small forwards. Brockman averaged 4.7 tackles per his 10 WAFL Colts games this year.

Despite giving us a touch up last week, he doesn’t seem a favourite of Mitchell, in and out of the seniors and got subbed out today.

Something about him I really like..
What you like about Brockman is that he turns into prime Eddie Betts when he plays against us. He's a shitmen. If he averages 0.5 goals a game from here on out, I'll be absolutely staggered

What you like about Brockman is that he turns into prime Eddie Betts when he plays against us. He's a shitmen. If he averages 0.5 goals a game from here on out, I'll be absolutely staggered
Nope.

He averages more goal assists, inside 50s and score involvements than Kossie at the same age. The disposal and goal comparison are nearly identical. Injured last year and his best year was his first under Clarko.

I used to think you were a pretty good judge, but you’re slipping old boy..

Can we stop suggesting plodders?
No more can we pick up blah blah from dogs vfl side.
I want guns, that's it.
We need the next jordan dawson, lachie neale type in our side.

Missed an absolute gimme of a goal today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back