List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: will update if ppl happy for this to sticky

Ok starting the hit list of names mentioned in any rumour as linked to us for 2023 trade period.
  • Mac Andrew
  • Hunter Clark
  • Zac Fisher
  • Sam Flanders
  • Mitch Georgiades
  • Liam Henry
  • Dougal Howard
  • Lewis Melican
  • Jack Silvagni
  • Dylan Stephens
  • Adam Tomlinson

Last edited:
I wonder what's going on with Xavier Duursma at Port.

Watched him in preseason and his running capacity looked first class. Very tidy disposal.

Last week he gets subbed out (why would you sub out your best runner???) and this week he plays a great game but only gets the 1 coaches vote. Something isn't right there.

I think a change of scene would do him well but the most likely outcome is Hinkley gets the boot and he gets another chance under a different coach.

Hasn't been the same since that huge KO.

Think he went through a period where he wasn't keen on recklessly throwing himself around and maybe that's rubbed off on the coaches. Who knows.

Xavier O’Halloran interest anyone? Just not getting into GWS midfield but has played a variety of roles, has a big body, great athlete and a real leadership type. Inconsistent kick is my knock on him. A bit like a Tucker type recruit. Honestly might be able to pick him up as a DFA come end of year.
His foot disposal is nowhere near the mark unfortunately.

A dream scenario in my opinion would be:

1 - Watson with our 1st pick

2 - Harry Himmelberg as a free agent

3 - Kozzie Pickett trade with Poorts 1st.

4 - Developing KP with next pick in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Number three isn't even realistic for a dream scenario

1 - Himmelberg and Clark in trade week
2 - Top 5 compo pick for McKay
3 - Watson, A.Reid/Caddy and Philactides in the first round, then a developing KPP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I loved the look of Ned Moyle against Freo.

Whilst he didn’t stuff the stat sheet against Darcy, he’s absolutely massive and what’s rare for a a 206cm+ player, has a fair leap on him.

He was jumping over Darcy at stages.

Im not at all sold on Xerri, CCJ (who is a fwd anyway) and Free.

I’d be asking the question (along with a lot of other clubs it seems)

I reckon we trade CCJ for an early second rounder, surely someone would snap him up for say pick 19?

BMac brings in pick 4 and we have picks,3,4 and 10 from Poort. Oh and pick 4 as our PP.
so push BMac to 5 so it looks like 3,4,5 10 & 19.

I do jest of course

I reckon we trade CCJ for an early second rounder, surely someone would snap him up for say pick 19?

BMac brings in pick 4 and we have picks,3,4 and 10 from Poort. Oh and pick 4 as our PP.

I do jest of course
No one would give up a pick that high for CCJ.... They'd have to be insane....

I do jest of course
That’d be an incredible draft hand, until the AFL announced the 3 best players were father son’s or linked to an academy. Oh well (as you might say)

I wonder what's going on with Xavier Duursma at Port.

Watched him in preseason and his running capacity looked first class. Very tidy disposal.

Last week he gets subbed out (why would you sub out your best runner???) and this week he plays a great game but only gets the 1 coaches vote. Something isn't right there.

I think a change of scene would do him well but the most likely outcome is Hinkley gets the boot and he gets another chance under a different coach.
Where is his brother projected to go? Just commit to taking his bro with our first pick. Leverage that to bring Xavier in. Wings sorted. 😂🤣

Xavier O’Halloran interest anyone? Just not getting into GWS midfield but has played a variety of roles, has a big body, great athlete and a real leadership type. Inconsistent kick is my knock on him. A bit like a Tucker type recruit. Honestly might be able to pick him up as a DFA come end of year.

But yeah for that wing/mid/utility pick up James Jordon would be my preferred option, as many others have mentioned.

Tom Highmore a defender option not getting a game at Saints, good mark and kick, decent defender, 192cm I believe, the prototype, not getting into strong st defence at the moment as he plays a similar way to Wilkie (just worse).

I seen a lot of O’Halloran as a junior at the jets. I really thought he would’ve come on a lot more by now. Just doesn’t have a point of difference and at times looks a little one paced. Going down the road of a Trent Dumont type which is the last thing we need imo.

Jordan would be good as a bargain basement type pick. Wouldn’t cost much and would be best 22 from the get go.

Bailey Williams from the dogs is another fringe type who could come in and play a role. Has plenty of upside too.

I saw Brodie Kemp got over 30 touches for Carlton VFL as a tall defender this week, obviously doesn’t really matter if tall defenders get a heap of touches but he has some nice athletic traits and was really good against us in the VFL I thought, especially at intercepting. Could be a nice target as a former FRP and has the ability to play anywhere on the ground, could be useful for us at 192cm and 89kg. Game time and opportunity would be the lure, doubt we’d have to give up much for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back