Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im struggling to reconcile this year vs last.

We excelled in the 22 draft whilst the incumbent players traded in didn’t excel.

This year we have targeted and trade in 4 players, each with a defined role and hold our first pick.

Our first pick this year must be an elite to mitigate the risk.

The fear is we are inheriting scraps at the expense of further improving through the draft.
FFS we lost a future third that's it.

Hawks need to find a F3 if we want to offer the Eagles 4 + F1.. with picks 44 & 47 in this draft we should be able to pull it off with a side pushing for top 4 next year

After 3 picks being inserted by Suns(3), the picks come in 3 steps. Croft bid should move the last 2 picks by 4 spots. So yes it will gain some point but not so much.

We have total of 3244 points and pick 4 is 1034 points, which means we have 1200 points to match bid. This is enouhh to match bids from pick 9(1469 Pts) onwards, given we will have 20% discount.
Since picks will move up we should gain another 200 points, so enough for bids on Dear as well.

PS : we can't trade for pick 1 given we don't have F3 & f4 and need special permission from AFL HQ

Port Adelaide’s first pick is 73 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

At the very least, I much prefer Massimo to Bramble

Chol over Kosi? Marginally so...

Pity to lose Ryan, but we're at the stage where we need to start getting games into Ramsden.

Lose Brocky, so Ginnivan makes sense

Gunners purely for the romance, and the guidance with Ramsden, DGB.

Kept 1st round pick this year and next

I'm reasonably happy.

Solid B

hes 33 in a month. doesn't mean he isn't a champion.. just age catches up to all.
Rumour has it that Breust's career games played will be extended by how many times there's been trade proposal about him. At that rate he'll be playing with Will Day's grandkids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fear is we are inheriting scraps at the expense of further improving through the draft

Yes at the expense of checks notes Pick 33...which would have been eaten by a McCabe bid anyway.

We kept Pick 4, will bring in another late first with McCabe alongside picking up the 'scraps' which include 3 players who have previously kicked 40+ goals in a season.

For everyone saying we need to find an F3 from somewhere... That could come back to us in the deal from WC. I think the best offer we can physically make is:

Pick 4 + F1 + Pick 47 for Pick 1 + F3 + 58

EDIT: can't give them back Pick 44!

Last edited:
Yes at the expense of checks notes Pick 33...which would have been eaten by a McCabe bid anyway.

We kept Pick 4, will bring in another late first with McCabe alongside picking up the 'scraps' which include 3 players who have previously kicked 40+ goals in a season.

Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Isn’t a future fourth probably equivalent to pick 55+?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SYL revealed that North had a 3 year deal ready for Massimo, so I don't think getting him for nothing was a possibility in the end.

In hindsight it's not a bad deal if the above is true. Pick 61 this year may have been redundant for us anyway.

Personally I don't see "it" with Massimo, but he's probably an upgrade on Bramble so at the least we've improved our depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back