Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so we begin the long but fun run to the end of trade week. Rumours of first round salary dumps, extra first round picks, superstar players coming to Hawthorn, before we finish up with one of Ratagulea / Gresham.

Gresh would be great.

Immediate Wingard replacement and has smarts around goal. Plus can pinch hit in the guts. Would actually make a formidable partnership with Moore and allow CMac to move up the ground.

Hollands on the market.

Not the right thread for it but I found the last bullet point very interesting. We all knew the chances were slim but still pretty sad either or both don't attend.

- At this stage, Cyril Rioli and Alastair Clarkson will not attend

Not the right thread for it but I found the last bullet point very interesting. We all knew the chances were slim but still pretty sad either or both don't attend.

- At this stage, Cyril Rioli and Alastair Clarkson will not attend
He did say Clarko would go to the unofficial function the night prior. Very sad Cyril will go neither.

Does Henry still want to move? He’s in best 22 now, playing good footy and isn’t he from WA (was an NGA?). Freo would value him higher than brockman I reckon and freo not desperate for small forwards.
They wouldn’t say no if he wanted to go there ( doubt that he does) Brockman is the perfect replacement for Walters, very similar players

They wouldn’t say no if he wanted to go there ( doubt that he does) Brockman is the perfect replacement for Walters, very similar players

It’s a good value swap for both sides but the hawks have a lot of wing options with players like Amon, Impey, ward plus Weddle and Jiath also rotating on the wing. So I’d rather stick with what we have and take a draft pick we can put towards Mcabbe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And so we begin the long but fun run to the end of trade week. Rumours of first round salary dumps, extra first round picks, superstar players coming to Hawthorn, before we finish up with one of Ratagulea / Gresham.
Gresham looks like will disappoint you
He is heavily leaning toward us .

Gresham looks like will disappoint you
He is heavily leaning toward us .
I'm not as cold on Gresham as some. Is a goal a game mid-forward.
Would play him as a forward-mid.
Has had a bad year this year but being an offensive player in a Ross Lyon led team is always hard. Think he would thrive with our quick ball movement.t

Gresham would be a good fit, we really need a player like him with Wingard injured and Brockman on the way out.

He may have had a down year (still aversged approx 18 touches and a goal per game) and not lived up to the early promise, but I'd back Mitchell to help get more out of him.

As a FA that would cost no draft capital it is a bit of a no brainer IMO.

Edit: I expect he'd play strictly as a forward. IMO Moore has shown at least as much as a midfielder and he can't get close to the midfield rotation.

Gresham would be a good fit, we really need a player like him with Wingard injured and Brockman on the way out.

He may have had a down year (still aversged approx 18 touches and a goal per game) and not lived up to the early promise, but I'd back Mitchell to help get more out of him.

As a FA that would cost no draft capital it is a bit of a no brainer IMO.

Edit: I expect he'd play strictly as a forward. IMO Moore has shown at least as much as a midfielder and he can't get close to the midfield rotation.
We will Burgoyne him - no doubt about it 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back