Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can manage to nab a first rounder from the Suns or GWS and use that to help land the following during the draft/trade period while only losing Brockman I'd be happy boy.

Henry, B.Smith, Gresham, Duursma, McCabe

If we can attract enough talent over the next 2 trade periods, it will make it that much easier to attract free agent KP's

Gresham, Duursma, Smith gives us a fair bit of x factor. All capable of kicking goals and can roll through the midfield.

Day, Newcombe and Smith as our top liners, with Nash and Worpel providing the grunt.

Dog's won't repeat the debacle of Dunkley with Smith. That failed trade request, turned a lot of players away from Bevo. They treated Dunkley with contempt. Expect a future first and a sweetener, might be enough.

This would be a great haul.

Smith is a known quantity. He’s had a disappointing trot but I hope we see opportunity here. Think of Worpel and the fine season he’s had. I’d back us to get Baz to his best. We’d all be pretty smug when it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

heath ledger joker GIF

I've been laughed at on here before for this suggestion, but did everybody see Caleb Poulter and Oscar Baker as the Dogs starting wings on Saturday night?
Baker tries hard and Poulter has some potential, but Harry Morrison would slot beautifully into their side.

Dogs fans would see it as a huge downgrade from Smith, which it is from a talent perspective. However, from a moneyball point of view it would actually make sense for them.
Of course it would likely need a first round pick involved as well, and I'm aware of that being difficult.

With Dogs supposedly in contention Sam Frost would be a perfect fit. All he has to do is defend and give the ball to Bailey Dale Ed Richards Caleb Daniel to distribute. Not keen on Bailey Smith trade for anything more than our f1, although IMO if we got suns first for it I think I would prefer that.
Gresham FA
Henry for brockman and 48 (values Henry at mid 20s and brockman at 38 which is the pick I wanted from the eagles for him)
F1 and 29 for suns r1
Draft 2 of Duursma McKercher Watson
Issue is we don’t have points for McCabe so either trade in 3rd/4th round picks for players at fringe or have our f2 push back in 2024. Note if we trade our f1 we essentially can’t trade our f2/3/4 under afl rules so would have to be players to get more picks.
Rookie Tew Jiath

İ just can't see the draft capital needed to get Smith this off season. We want a top liner in the draft at pick 4 so that won't work for us. Our future first swap with gc to the dogs for Smith won't get it done I'm assuming. Maybe a player of quality to sweeten up the deal and Chad would've been perfect with his late season form and dogs still chasing the premiership dream but that won't cut it. Having said that, if smith does nominate us then you get that deal done. MM, the floor is yours.

İ just can't see the draft capital needed to get Smith this off season. We want a top liner in the draft at pick 4 so that won't work for us. Our future first swap with gc to the dogs for Smith won't get it done I'm assuming. Maybe a player of quality to sweeten up the deal and Chad would've been perfect with his late season form and dogs still chasing the premiership dream but that won't cut it. Having said that, if smith does nominate us then you get that deal done. MM, the floor is yours.
Cleary doesn't fk around. He's about to nominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back