Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lets say the rumours are true for a second and we are in the race for Ben Mckay..
Where does this leave us up forward? Kosi, DGB, Brocky have potional to leave, with Chad's LTI.
I definitely wouldn't be entering a bidding war, we are paper thin up forward in all area's. Lewis needs help Bruest is ageing. Green is not a long term third option perhaps CJ fwd ?

Lets say the rumours are true for a second and we are in the race for Ben Mckay..
Where does this leave us up forward? Kosi, DGB, Brocky have potional to leave, with Chad's LTI.
I definitely wouldn't be entering a bidding war, we are paper thin up forward in all area's. Lewis needs help Bruest is ageing. Green is not a long term third option perhaps CJ fwd ?

Oh we have the cash, so long as his worth it….? McKay completes our defence.

If we landed Gresham as a F/A and added another forward with pick 3 Watson / Duursma we’re on the right track.

An hopefully Ramsden key forward and Butler come on 2024. That’s the start of of our new forward line with Lewis and Moore

Guess we will find out where the club thinks Ramsden and Sticks are at or there is more happening than we all know? was it SYL that mentioned Esava was being looked at as a forward/ruck?

If we landed Gresham as a F/A and added another forward with pick 3 Watson / Duursma we’re on the right track.

An hopefully Ramsden key forward and Butler come on 2024. That’s the start of of our new forward line with Lewis and Moore
And hopefully Ryan

I think you nailed the middle! fair indication where we might invest in the draft & F/A.

Bidding war then.
If we land him, he'll be on more than Sic, as our highest paid player.

How does that sit??
I mean i would hope players get the best deals for themselves and don't worry about what everyone else is doing personally. I am sure players like Sic are more worried about just adding talent around him.

Would we take Curtin if he slides to us? I'd seriously consider it.

1. WCE - Reid
2. NM - McKercher
3. NM - Watson/Duursma
4. HAW - Curtin?

I do think Hawks would take Curtin. I personally rate him ahead of both Watson and Duursma but…not sure we should draft him. I just got a feeling he is a flight risk, all roads eventually lead to WA. But hey I could be wrong, both DGB (even if we do want to trade him) & Day want to stay a Hawk so not every wants to to go home.

All the same I’d prefer to take Watson/Duursma or trade back a few spots and go after O’Sullivan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do think Hawks would take Curtin. I personally rate him ahead of both Watson and Duursma but…not sure we should draft him. I just got a feeling he is a flight risk, all roads eventually lead to WA. But hey I could be wrong, both DGB (even if we do want to trade him) & Day want to stay a Hawk so not every wants to to go home.

All the same I’d prefer to take Watson/Duursma or trade back a few spots and go after O’Sullivan.
How many non-indigenous lads from WA end up wanting to get back home? Don't reckon there's too many, ties to family aren't quite as strong and most seem keen to leave anyway. Inexplicably I reckon it's the Geelong boys who tend to feel the allure of home the strongest, even from an hour and a bit down the Princes!

Bidding war then.

How does that sit??
Not necessarily. Players have others interests than just money. If he really does want to stay in Melbourne and is interested in contending, what are his options?

Collingwood, Dogs have no need for him.
Carlton, St Kilda and Richmond maybe, but I have seen any expression of interest from them.

So it's Essendon or us and I think we could make a pretty fair case.

If he's happy to go anywhere and/or for the highest bidder, then we pull the plug and walk away.

How many non-indigenous lads from WA end up wanting to get back home? Don't reckon there's too many, ties to family aren't quite as strong and most seem keen to leave anyway. Inexplicably I reckon it's the Geelong boys who tend to feel the allure of home the strongest, even from an hour and a bit down the Princes!
Yeo springs to mind, but that was probably more to do with a certain ex-captain's fondness of hazing youngsters.

Not necessarily. Players have others interests than just money. If he really does want to stay in Melbourne and is interested in contending, what are his options?

Collingwood, Dogs have no need for him.
Carlton, St Kilda and Richmond maybe, but I have seen any expression of interest from them.

So it's Essendon or us and I think we could make a pretty fair case.

If he's happy to go anywhere and/or for the highest bidder, then we pull the plug and walk away.
Journos try to drum up the prospect of a bidding war so often, don't reckon I've ever actually seen one. In 9/10 occasions the player stays with the club, the other 1/10 they go to a club they nominate invariably for less than was ever mentioned in the news. If players are that easily swayed by a bit of cash likely to be eaten up by tax, they're probably not players you want at your club.

Journos try to drum up the prospect of a bidding war so often, don't reckon I've ever actually seen one. In 9/10 occasions the player stays with the club, the other 1/10 they go to a club they nominate invariably for less than was ever mentioned in the news. If players are that easily swayed by a bit of cash likely to be eaten up by tax, they're probably not players you want at your club.

Bidding wars dont usually make the public domain but they happen behind closed doors

MM upped the offer again last year re Bowes when he was told he was going to Cats. We threw more money at him to win the deal.

I reckon MM will do the same with BM

Bidding war then.

How does that sit??
Hopefully the guys are mature enough to realise you get a bit of a signing bonus when moving via Free agency.

Bidding wars dont usually make the public domain but they happen behind closed doors

MM upped the offer again last year re Bowes when he was told he was going to Cats. We threw more money at him to win the deal.

I reckon MM will do the same with BM
Point being we threw money at Bowes but he still took his base deal to go to Geelong. Maybe "bidding wars don't happen" is the wrong way to say it, more that bidding wars don't often lead to blown out contracts.

Point being we threw money at Bowes but he still took his base deal to go to Geelong. Maybe "bidding wars don't happen" is the wrong way to say it, more that bidding wars don't often lead to blown out contracts.

probably why Sydney have got such a sizeable offer on the table being interstate.. swans are a pretty attractive destination I reckon he goes there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back