Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point being we threw money at Bowes but he still took his base deal to go to Geelong. Maybe "bidding wars don't happen" is the wrong way to say it, more that bidding wars don't often lead to blown out contracts.
And he maybe regretting that now as Geelong approach the cliff while we're scrambling our way back up.

Bidding war then.
If we land him, he'll be on more than Sic, as our highest paid player.

How does that sit??
Don't know how the playing group would take it but personally it makes me feel 🤢

Sicily is three times the player McKay is and ever will be.

That kind of money you'd want to be targeting someone of the calibre of May, Weitering, Taylor, etc not a good ordinary player like McKay.

I think the players would understand that the cost to bring in free agents will cost more . At the end of the day if it improves the team and we are contending quicker the players would be on board every day of the week. All our young up and coming players will be looked after with the amount of cap space we have.

Point being we threw money at Bowes but he still took his base deal to go to Geelong. Maybe "bidding wars don't happen" is the wrong way to say it, more that bidding wars don't often lead to blown out contracts.

You do realise that Steve Hocking is a secret voodoo wizard and cast a spell on Bowes to make him accept the lower offer and also cursed the GC salary cap though.

I think the players would understand that the cost to bring in free agents will cost more . At the end of the day if it improves the team and we are contending quicker the players would be on board every day of the week. All our young up and coming players will be looked after with the amount of cap space we have.
Would Sic and the rest of the leadership group be consulted? Frosty would say no as there goes his spot.

And he maybe regretting that now as Geelong approach the cliff while we're scrambling our way back up.
Question is, would he even get game time in our midfield? He'll at least get that at Geelong.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben McKay was leading the reverse coleman. If he ends up being in the top 5% of players paid in the AFL, it would be one of the most baffling things I've seen in forty years of AFL.

Would Sic and the rest of the leadership group be consulted? Frosty would say no as there goes his spot.

No, they wouldn’t be. It’s not up to players who the club recruits or what they pay them, especially not Frost.

Frost tries hard but he’s a reason we’re looking for a key defender.

No, they wouldn’t be. It’s not up to players who the club recruits or what they pay them, especially not Frost.

Frost tries hard but he’s a reason we’re looking for a key defender.
You'd think at least they would have a conversation with Sic. I was just joking about Frosty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know how the playing group would take it but personally it makes me feel 🤢

Sicily is three times the player McKay is and ever will be.

That kind of money you'd want to be targeting someone of the calibre of May, Weitering, Taylor, etc not a good ordinary player like McKay.

May is too old but Weitering & Taylor are worth well over $700-800k range on the open market.

Big Cat Ratugolea chooses Power move​

Marc McGowan and Peter Ryan
Esava Ratugolea has informed Geelong he wants to play for Port Adelaide next year and beyond, 12 months after the Cats blocked his attempted move to Alberton.
Three senior football sources with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed Ratugolea’s decision.

Ratugolea, 25, is out of contract this time, meaning Geelong will not be able to drive as hard a bargain, although coach Chris Scott warned last month they would not hand him over for nothing.
The 197-centimetre big man started his career as a forward and ruckman before blossoming as a key defender in the past two seasons. He played 16 games this year and averaged almost three intercept marks, while playing on some of the competition’s best tall forwards.
Geelong key defender [PLAYERCARD]Esava Ratugolea[/PLAYERCARD].

Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.CREDIT:AFL PHOTOS
The Power maintained their interest in Ratugolea despite missing out on him last year and their persistence has paid off, with Hawthorn and Sydney now set to instead fight it out for North Melbourne’s restricted free agent defender Ben McKay.
“I don’t make list management calls – I’m involved in them – and I’ve been really clear how highly I rate Esava. I’m looking forward to him playing out the rest of his career at the Cats,” Scott said.

Esava Ratugolea has informed Geelong he wants to play for Port Adelaide next year and beyond, 12 months after the Cats blocked his attempted move to Alberton.
Three senior football sources with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed Ratugolea’s decision.

Ratugolea, 25, is out of contract this time, meaning Geelong will not be able to drive as hard a bargain, although coach Chris Scott warned last month they would not hand him over for nothing.
The 197-centimetre big man started his career as a forward and ruckman before blossoming as a key defender in the past two seasons. He played 16 games this year and averaged almost three intercept marks, while playing on some of the competition’s best tall forwards.
Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.

The Power maintained their interest in Ratugolea despite missing out on him last year and their persistence has paid off, with Hawthorn and Sydney now set to instead fight it out for North Melbourne’s restricted free agent defender Ben McKay.
“I don’t make list management calls – I’m involved in them – and I’ve been really clear how highly I rate Esava. I’m looking forward to him playing out the rest of his career at the Cats,” Scott said.

Thank God for that!
At least McKay can play on opponents.

Asava is a clone of Kyle Hartigan

Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.

Scoops +1. #bringbackthescoops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back