Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Cat Ratugolea chooses Power move​

Marc McGowan and Peter Ryan
Esava Ratugolea has informed Geelong he wants to play for Port Adelaide next year and beyond, 12 months after the Cats blocked his attempted move to Alberton.
Three senior football sources with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed Ratugolea’s decision.

Ratugolea, 25, is out of contract this time, meaning Geelong will not be able to drive as hard a bargain, although coach Chris Scott warned last month they would not hand him over for nothing.
The 197-centimetre big man started his career as a forward and ruckman before blossoming as a key defender in the past two seasons. He played 16 games this year and averaged almost three intercept marks, while playing on some of the competition’s best tall forwards.
Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.

Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.CREDIT:AFL PHOTOS
The Power maintained their interest in Ratugolea despite missing out on him last year and their persistence has paid off, with Hawthorn and Sydney now set to instead fight it out for North Melbourne’s restricted free agent defender Ben McKay.
“I don’t make list management calls – I’m involved in them – and I’ve been really clear how highly I rate Esava. I’m looking forward to him playing out the rest of his career at the Cats,” Scott said.

2bu.gif

If we can’t land a kpf now that Esava (😂) is off the table maybe we look at a stop gap again like McDonald or Burgess? Chol for a decent pick?

Mods, I'd like to lobby for this to be added to the emoticon post reactions

:sick:

Update (with 6+ weeks to go):

Ben King
Bailey Smith
GWS first round salary dump
Gold Coast first rounder
Harley Reid
Liam Ryan
Jake Riccardi
Sam Flanders
Mitch Georgiadis
Esava Ratagulea

steve buscemi people to kill GIF

Last edited:
Maybe Will Days cousin Sam Day as a short term option for CHF? Talk on the suns board about him being released.

A cheap short term forward option if Koschitzke goes.

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 99
Maybe Will Days cousin Sam Day as a short term option for CHF? Talk on the suns board about him being released.

A cheap short term forward option if Koschitzke goes.
Mitch Lewis to Box Hill?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mods, I'd like to lobby for this to be added to the emoticon post reactions

:sick:
To be clear the idea is prefaced on drafting another kpf this year like Archer Reid or Logan Morris after McCabe bid (trade back in) and these players provide the stop gap whilst Ryan ramsden and one of those drafted develop for 2 years. That makes you sick? At this rate it’s Kozi who it seems might be the subject of a bidding war so intense that the pick we get could even have points attached to it! When you bear in mind that our coach went to the eagles for pick 88 that’s quite an achievement…

To be clear the idea is prefaced on drafting another kpf this year like Archer Reid or Logan Morris after McCabe bid (trade back in) and these players provide the stop gap whilst Ryan ramsden and one of those drafted develop for 2 years. That makes you sick? At this rate it’s Kozi who it seems might be the subject of a bidding war so intense that the pick we get could even have points attached to it! When you bear in mind that our coach went to the eagles for pick 88 that’s quite an achievement…
Wasnt our coach like 34 or 35 at the time?

He was on our books for 3 years. Perhaps we padded out the contract but I can guarantee you he was being paid in year 3 of the deal by us.

Was reported as a 2 year deal and Richmond only got a second round pick as compensation. Perhaps we paid out his final year over 2 years because he quit early.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back