Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now we are comforted by stats. Unbelievable. Forget about what he does when he has the ball. Real premiership material!
The discussion related to Frost leading the Reverse Coleman. Nobody was discussing his disposal.

They got Shai Bolton with that pick 🤯

And won a premiership with Vickery gone. They really nailed that one all over - all we got out of it was a weird video of a bloke wearing a cat backpack.

Dougal Howard?

Big Cat Ratugolea chooses Power move​

Marc McGowan and Peter Ryan
Esava Ratugolea has informed Geelong he wants to play for Port Adelaide next year and beyond, 12 months after the Cats blocked his attempted move to Alberton.
Three senior football sources with knowledge of the situation, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, have confirmed Ratugolea’s decision.

Ratugolea, 25, is out of contract this time, meaning Geelong will not be able to drive as hard a bargain, although coach Chris Scott warned last month they would not hand him over for nothing.
The 197-centimetre big man started his career as a forward and ruckman before blossoming as a key defender in the past two seasons. He played 16 games this year and averaged almost three intercept marks, while playing on some of the competition’s best tall forwards.
Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.

Geelong key defender Esava Ratugolea.CREDIT:AFL PHOTOS
The Power maintained their interest in Ratugolea despite missing out on him last year and their persistence has paid off, with Hawthorn and Sydney now set to instead fight it out for North Melbourne’s restricted free agent defender Ben McKay.
“I don’t make list management calls – I’m involved in them – and I’ve been really clear how highly I rate Esava. I’m looking forward to him playing out the rest of his career at the Cats,” Scott said.
Damnit. Can't believe we lost another race. Why are HFC so bad at everything. Wake up sleepy Mark.

There is a question to be asked I think though if this is a pattern. We missed out on bowes and pick 7 as we weren’t into it early enough and assume ports interest last year in Esava played a role in his choice too. Players after all want to go to a club that they believe wants them. Are we not far enough ahead from a list management perspective to give ourselves realistic chances? Would need some ITK insight and it could just be a few bad luck stories or a historical problem now corrected but soon our ability to land the right targets is going to have a big impact on (pardon the expression) the size of our rise!

There is a question to be asked I think though if this is a pattern. We missed out on bowes and pick 7 as we weren’t into it early enough and assume ports interest last year in Esava played a role in his choice too. Players after all want to go to a club that they believe wants them. Are we not far enough ahead from a list management perspective to give ourselves realistic chances? Would need some ITK insight and it could just be a few bad luck stories or a historical problem now corrected but soon our ability to land the right targets is going to have a big impact on (pardon the expression) the size of our rise!
No team lands all their targets. Not to mention we are currently a bottom 3 team. We did well to land amon last year and have been / are still well and truely in the race for a number of others. Can’t ask for much more than that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No team lands all their targets. Not to mention we are currently a bottom 3 team. We did well to land amon last year and have been / are still well and truely in the race for a number of others. Can’t ask for much more than that.
I'd rather us land one genuine quality player at a fair price like Amon per trade season than overpay multiple mediocre players.

McKay is probably a bit better than mediocre but no way in earth is he worth $800k a year (that's putting him on par with Sicily!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back