Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So our trusty friends in the media have us as favourites in the Henry "race". Topiary any mail on whether this is accurate and if so, is the club confident we can get a deal done? Asking a lot I know.
No doubt we have the best chance of doing a deal for Henry.,it depends on what we ultimately get in and what collateral we need to use for McCabe.

I really can’t get excited about Liam Henry, just don’t think he has any stand out features. Would actually prefer to play ward and Amon on the wings and bring in ginnivan or Gresham who are at least dangerous forwards
Amon moved to half back towards end of season and he is really good there, great kick. If we can get Henry great but Weddle and CJ might rotate on that other wing to Ward

I really can’t get excited about Liam Henry, just don’t think he has any stand out features. Would actually prefer to play ward and Amon on the wings and bring in ginnivan or Gresham who are at least dangerous forwards
I'd rather we put time into CJ on that wing over Henry.

Of course, I'll support him (Henry) if he arrives, but with Ward, CJ & Weddle all needing homes opposite Amon, I don't see him as a need.

I'd rather we put time into CJ on that wing over Henry.

Of course, I'll support him (Henry) if he arrives, but with Ward, CJ & Weddle all needing homes opposite Amon, I don't see him as a need.
I must admit I don't know a lot about Henry as I rarely tune into Dockers games but I do agree with you that we should try CJ on the wing as he offers speed and agility as well as x-factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I do not see a talent or leader in Smith worthy of pick 3 in this draft, and would be stunned AND disappointed if MM did that trade.
McClure did not sound convincing when he was challenged.

BTW - I have always found Lloyd to be one of the more sensible commentators on the game and he rightly challenged the assertion we are offering pick 3 for Smith. I seriously doubt it.

I think the evolution of a player is interesting in this case, before his controversy and subsequent poor form, he was a midfielder on the rise and starred in a finals series, im sure he can get back to his best, but I don't know the guy and if he has the drive to get back to his best? But good luck to him, he seems a good bloke.

Either Sam is being hoodwinked by somebody inside the club or he's a nuffie who thinks we're dumb enough to give up pick 3 like we're Norf. 1st round pick absolutely but the lower end it will be. Christ he's not prime Dusty.
Can’t stand “scoop” but he does know Smith well from Xavier coaching. Who knows, could be coming from his camp.

I do not see a talent or leader in Smith worthy of pick 3 in this draft, and would be stunned AND disappointed if MM did that trade.
McClure did not sound convincing when he was challenged.

BTW - I have always found Lloyd to be one of the more sensible commentators on the game and he rightly challenged the assertion we are offering pick 3 for Smith. I seriously doubt it.
if Dogs offerred their 2 ast round picks + F1 for our pick 3, will any one of us take the deal. I am not sure.

That's 10+17+ F1 for Pick 3

Which one of the 10+17+ F1 would we give back for Smith. I may do 17 + 48 at best.

If Bailey Smith was a Hawk you would all be talking about him like he is an absolute superstar and untouchable.

He is only 22 years old, almost 100 games notched up already, goal kicking midfielder that hasn't really spent much time as a permanent on baller. the prototype line breaking inside mid that can go forward and have an impact.

Kicking definitely not great but Fyfe, Danger and to an extent Trac have similar issues at time and it never stopped them from being elite.

Now i don't think we should trade pick 3 for him with where we are at but i couldn't blame them for considering it and in terms of pure value it isn't an unfair ask from them.

I genuinely believe that list has underachieved over the last few years in large part to Bevo and i think he is partly responsible for Smith not fulfilling his potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back