Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To think a genuine a-grader under contract is moving to a 16th placed team seems pretty fanciful. The cost in salary and trade would be astronomical let alone the why would a in demand player move to a bottom 4 club. We can always have a crack but whether it actually happens or we are just used as a stalking horse to drive up contract value by managers remains to be seen.

If we have a good year in 2024 the chances increase - possibly we are just doing ground work for 2024. But even then anyone we want would have multiple suitors (eg both Perth clubs would go hard for naughton) and a lot can change in 12 months - most often players re-sign.

The thought of trading a potential top 6 pick for O'Sullivan makes me wanna vomit.
He looks very ordinary to me.

I can't see us taking him with out first pick, or any other top 10 pick we trade for, or before taking McCabe, and I hope we take L. Morris after the McCabe bid. So I aside from not wanting him at all, I can't see him being available late enough to be worth the punt.

Not sure I want to trade next years F1 but the trade value is fairly equal. O’Sullivans draft range this year is 5-10. Wishing for “Potential” higher picks 1-4 is not worth spending next year hoping for losses.

“Ordinary”…O’Sullivan’s games have looked amazing!

I’m ok with L.Morris but he lacks height. I’d prefer Archer Reid.

Yikes and Sheesh…. Aaron Naughton is just 23 years old and will be only 24 before the 2024 season.

What the Hawks and Samy could do with Aaron… boggles the mind. From what I have seen Aaron has been asked to jump at everything … but not be a player. At the WB there are multiple potential players crowding his space. At the Hawks, he would have all the positional space he needs.

This is where the Hawks money and draft cost should be spent. Naughton on the Hawks list would be huge. Put Aaron next to Sicily with Blanck as the backstop, with our great half backs, and the Hawks will have a near impregnable castle in our back half.

sign me up
I'm onboard but not for pick 3

tracy-morgan.gif

Would the same people saying Naughton isn't worth pick 3, want at least pick 3 for Mitch Lewis?
No. What I'm saying is that he might be worth pick 3 to the WB but I doubt he'd be worth that to the HFC in this stage of our rebuild. It's important to remember that football clubs are on different timelines and a players worth can be extremely different depending on where a club sits in it's build. Someone used this example the other day where we gave up pick 9 for a hobbled Shaun Burgoyne. With where we were at that stage he was exactly what we needed but any not close to contending wouldn't have given anything close to that kind of draft haul.

Wouldn’t mind having a crack at Baku Khamis as a cheaper option given our lack of forwards.

Listed as only 191cm but can take a grab and has some talent. Thoughts?

Basing this off a long term viewing or just from the game over the weekend? His stats don't seem overly compelling.

Basing this off a long term viewing or just from the game over the weekend? His stats don't seem overly compelling.
Long term viewing. His stats are far from impressive I agree but I see a bit of untapped potential there. There was a game he played in the AFL (can’t remember who they played) and I came away thinking there was a talent there.

Honestly, I’ve just thrown it up as an idea. He would be replacing Greene if he’s going to be delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. What I'm saying is that he might be worth pick 3 to the WB but I doubt he'd be worth that to the HFC in this stage of our rebuild. It's important to remember that football clubs are on different timelines and a players worth can be extremely different depending on where a club sits in it's build. Someone used this example the other day where we gave up pick 9 for a hobbled Shaun Burgoyne. With where we were at that stage he was exactly what we needed but any not close to contending wouldn't have given anything close to that kind of draft haul.
Why would a 23yo KPP that can play at either end of the ground very well not be worth pick 3 to us? He is exactly the player we need in the right age bracket for our rebuild and is proven at AFL level.

Wouldn’t mind having a crack at Baku Khamis as a cheaper option given our lack of forwards.

Listed as only 191cm but can take a grab and has some talent. Thoughts?
I thought the same after watching the weekend, and a couple of other games this year. I think as a leaping CHB he could be in a Jeremy Howe mould. And equally i think it is difficult to get a bead of Footscray players because Beveridge has favorites and is blind to deficiencies at times

Would the same people saying Naughton isn't worth pick 3, want at least pick 3 for Mitch Lewis?
My original thought would've been that Naughton would wins out on most stats, but Lewis actually averages more goals, marks and disposals than Naughton. Yet you'd imagine that Naughton would cost a club a lot more than Lewis. Naughton seems to have more flexibility and athletic capability than Lewis but I'm not sure if he's actually leveraged that into being a better player (yet).

Anyway pick 3 for Naughton would be a no-brainer but the club seems adamant on not trading it. Plus, WB would want more. Makes sense to wait until the WB boys come out of contract but to open the communication line now

Ben Mckay averages the most intercept marks over the last two seasons, I would say Naughton close to the best forward marking player in the competition. Getting those two in for pick 3 would be unreal for our rebuild. If we could trade our future first to secure Nick Watson wed be finals bound in my book.

Agreed… Imagine it:

Hardwick, Blank, CJ / Impy
Sicily, Naughton, Weddle / Scrim

That is a backline that will win games both with their defence and in their rebound.

We know our young mid group are better than most. Our wings are awesome with Amon and Ward.

Our rucks are developing well… Reeves is taking more marks around the ground, Meek is special at times, and Ramsden is tracking well as a fwd / ruck.

The last question would be, can we kick enough goals. Answer, Sam’s method has shown we can.

I imagined.… With Naughton as a defender could the Hawks challenge next year... and the answer is yes.
A good coach would move Naughton to his natural home in the backline. He's a generational aerialist, but not a natural forward.

Ben Mckay averages the most intercept marks over the last two seasons, I would say Naughton close to the best forward marking player in the competition. Getting those two in for pick 3 would be unreal for our rebuild. If we could trade our future first to secure Nick Watson wed be finals bound in my book.

The problem with Ben McKay is not that he doesn't get enough intercept marks, the problem with Ben is that he gets too many.

But which one is it:think::think:
You quote a post from July when Dogs were finals bound, then one from yesterday after they’ve missed them and all sorts of questions are being asked of Beverige….

simon cowell facepalm GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back