Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, but I don’t think the Doggies would play. I would want to get back in this year, but again, I do not think the Doggies would let us.
The Dogs have Darcy and Croft as a top 20 father son pick this year. This is on top of Jamarra and Lobb. If Dogs are faves to get Suns pick and got our first round pick this could change their fortunes and be a win win for both clubs. If we then landed Mackay we might be a chance to fix 2 of our problems

The Dogs have Darcy and Croft as a top 20 father son pick this year. This is on top of Jamarra and Lobb. If Dogs are faves to get Suns pick and got our first round pick this could change their fortunes and be a win win for both clubs. If we then landed Mackay we might be a chance to fix 2 of our problems
I do like your thinking.
I do know about Croft, but forgot about Darcy.

Naughton >>>>>>>>>>> Lobb

I’m beginning to think we make stuff up on this thread to drive clicks and engagement….
I know this is a thought bubble…and not likely correct, but if it is true then I’m OK with it. … it is fun to imagine our team with this player or that player added. For me that is what makes the post-season so interesting.

And I love the irony in the fact that your post generated so many clicks, replies and likes-for-the-responders. 😅

Last edited:
I know this is a thought bubble…and not likely correct, but if it is true then I’m OK with it. … it’s fun to imagine our team with this player or that player added. For me that is what makes the post-season so interesting.

heath ledger joker GIF
And I love the irony in the fact that your post generated so many clicks, replies and likes-for-the-responders. 😅
Do you think ahhhhh had the smarts to orchestrate it? I imagine it looked something like

Do you think ahhhhh had the smarts to orchestrate it? I imagine it looked something like
Haha, I love the gif…

To answer your question… Nope… but if so, how Machiavellian-style brilliant would that have been? 🤣

Sadly it is likely as Homer Simpson’s writers say (and I am paraphrasing), “there is no moral to this story, it is just a bunch of stuff that happens.”

Anyone who thinks pick 3 isn't worth Naughton needs their head read.
All i have seen for months is how DESPERATAE we are for key position players and now we have some suggesting Aaron Naughton isn't worth 3... Yikes.

All i have seen for months is how DESPERATAE we are for key position players and now we have some suggesting Aaron Naughton isn't worth 3... Yikes.
Yikes and Sheesh…. Aaron Naughton is just 23 years old and will be only 24 before the 2024 season.

What the Hawks and Samy could do with Aaron… boggles the mind. From what I have seen Aaron has been asked to jump at everything … but not be a player. At the WB there are multiple potential players crowding his space. At the Hawks, he would have all the positional space he needs.

This is where the Hawks money and draft cost should be spent. Naughton on the Hawks list would be huge. Put Aaron next to Sicily with Blanck as the backstop, with our great half backs, and the Hawks will have a near impregnable castle in our back half.

sign me up

Last edited:
We've gone from Riccardi to Naughton in the space of 3 weeks.
Sleepy Mark is making big moves.
yes… Riccardi re-signed with GWS… and so moving on is normal. The Chad and I, I know you know this.
I like that MM holding his cards close to his chest. The “sleepy” moniker put on him is ridiculous.

Naughton is horribly under-used by WB. I hope Aaron sees it that way and that we can get him to play a position he wants. I would happily over-pay to make it so.

Last edited:
Anyone who thinks pick 3 isn't worth Naughton needs their head read.
As a forward I don't think he is. Sending him down back I think he would be worth it and could possibly be one of the best key backs in the league.

Whether he wants to play as a back would be the issue

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a forward I don't think he is. Sending him down back I think he would be worth it and could possibly be one of the best key backs in the league.

Whether he wants to play as a back would be the issue
Agreed… Imagine it:

Hardwick, Blank, CJ / Impy
Sicily, Naughton, Weddle / Scrim

That is a backline that will win games both with their defence and in their rebound.

We know our young mid group are better than most. Our wings are awesome with Amon and Ward.

Our rucks are developing well… Reeves is taking more marks around the ground, Meek is special at times, and Ramsden is tracking well as a fwd / ruck.

The last question would be, can we kick enough goals. Answer, Sam’s method has shown we can.

I imagined.… With Naughton as a defender could the Hawks challenge next year... and the answer is yes.

Last edited:
Imagine it:

Hardwick, Blank, CJ / Impy
Sicily, Naughton, Weddle / Scrim

That is a backline that will win games both with their defence and in their rebound.

We know our young mid group are better than most. Our wings are awesome with Amon and Ward.

Our rucks are developing well… Reeves is taking more marks around the ground, Meek is special at times, and Ramsden is tracking well as a fwd / ruck.

The last question would be, can we kick enough goals. Answer, Sam’s method has shown we can.

I imagined.… With Naughton as a defender would change our timeline greatly... and the answer is yes.
The defence comes under pressure because our forward line does not function as it should, leading to easy turnovers.
Naughton would surely play alongside Lewis to fix that.
Teach him to kick properly for goal and he becomes lethal.

The defence comes under pressure because our forward line does not function as it should, leading to easy turnovers.
Naughton would surely play alongside Lewis to fix that.
Teach him to kick properly for goal and he becomes lethal.
Naughton as a fwd or as a back. If he leaves the Dogs, and if he is smart, it will only be about what he wants from his footy career.

At the WB he is a jumping Fwd. Frankly that is it. Has he ever been the player he thought he could be? Naughton is in a silo.

Why the WB did not put him back is beyond me.

Whereever he is he will make great money. As a father who is wanting the best for his kids I will tell you with zero-uncertainty, the best choice for Aaron Naughton is to find the place on the field that he wants and commit to it. If it as a FF, he should stay at the WB. They love him jumping. If he sees himself as more than what the WB want him to be, he should move.
If he wants to be a football player then a good option is to come to the Hawks as a CHB. He would rack up 20+ disposals and 10+ marks per game. Along-side Sic, they could dominate a back-line.

These are just my imaginings… but …. they feel right.

Last edited:
Naughton as a fwd or as a back. If he leaves the Dogs, and if he is smart, it will only be about what he wants from his footy career. Whereever he is he will make great money. As a father who is wanting the best for his kids I will tell you with zero-uncertainty, the best choice for Aaron Naughton is to find the place on the field that he wants and commit to it. If it as a FF, he should stay at the WB. They love him jumping. If he sees himself as more than what the WB want him to be, he should move.
If he wants to be a football player then a good option is to come to the Hawks as a CHB. He would rack up 20+ disposals and 10+ marks per game. Along-side Sic, they could dominate a back-line.

These are just my imaginings… but …. they feel right.
Lucky for us we have massive holes in either position! It’s an easy choice…

F1 though so they dogs can get a good midfielder as soon they will need some.😂 McKay Naughton (forward) Gresham Duursma Watson McCabe Tew Jiath Calsher Dear. That would achieve my vision for a C- trade period!
If the Hawks and MM chose to give our F1 for Conner O’Sullivan… I’d be OK with that.

Connor fills a need and frankly, seems quality. My only question is if he is too big and slow. But I had that same question of Lewis and he has become something awesome. I think O’Sugly will also become unstoppable.

If the Hawks and MM chose to give our F1 for Conner O’Sullivan… I’d be OK with that.

Connor fills a need and frankly, seems quality. My only question is if he is too big and slow. But I had that same question of Lewis and he has become something awesome. I think O’Sugly will also become unstoppable.
I wouldn’t do that I would get the suns pick 4 then trade it with gws for 6 and 12 and get him that way. Even with something back to gws I think we do better than simply our f1 for him I think we could get him with 6 or Watson who I see sliding, then depending on which we take someone like Darcy Wilson or Murphy or Dalean at 12. Or in the optimal world one of them slides to 12 and we get them both!

I wouldn’t do that I would get the suns pick 4 then trade it with gws for 6 and 12 and get him that way. Even with something back to gws I think we do better than simply our f1 for him I think we could get him with 6 or Watson who I see sliding, then depending on which we take someone like Darcy Wilson or Murphy or Dalean at 12. Or in the optimal world one of them slides to 12 and we get them both!
Whatever method works… I am good with.

The thought of trading a potential top 6 pick for O'Sullivan makes me wanna vomit.
He looks very ordinary to me.

I can't see us taking him with out first pick, or any other top 10 pick we trade for, or before taking McCabe, and I hope we take L. Morris after the McCabe bid. So I aside from not wanting him at all, I can't see him being available late enough to be worth the punt.

I’d heard a little while back that Naughton was gettable, due to not having great faith in the coach.
Can we forget about Naughton please, for our own sanity.

It’s like discussing Charlie Curnow or Nick Daicos. None of them are going to turn their back on a finals side to play for us currently.

Interstate clubs have Vic’s pondering a move home, and with cap space and projected rise we will be in the frame for some FA’s or trade targets in 2024 and 2025, but Melbourne based stars playing in finals sides aren’t going to take a second look at us.

But which one is it:think::think:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back