Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any substance behind this Naughton talk, or is it just guessing?
Think it's just speculation atm

FWIW I would think that the big name is likely to be Smith given that he's the one we've actually been linked to and his name doesn't seem to have totally gone away. I have no intel though

Aaron Naughton won't come across to us. He is still filthy over Headband-gate.

Sacramento Kings Prank GIF by NBA

There are slim pickings for quality on the move this post season. In order to get A -grader to move it will take enormous amount of assets. Hawks are not in a position to make that commitment yet.
Yep. We really need for some a-graders to hit FA over next 1-3 years. Paying both $$$ and trade capital for contracted / nonFA players looks a bridge too far as it stands today as we need picks to keep bringing other talent in.

Hypothetically, if Dylan Stephens wants to get to Carlton who else gets involved to make that happen and who/what do the blues give up for him?

I don’t think we get involved, but there’s always plenty of moving parts

One who we'd been linked with, Kai Lohmann, apparently broke his collarbone in the VFL on the weekend. Hopefully recovers well!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol how does that work?

We want to keep you, but we haven't got a contract for you.

Do they want him to work as a volunteer??
My guess is they are happy for him to test his market value and come back to them with offers

Bell wants pick 12 and a player from the Saints for Henry.

Tells you why we walked.

I feel like the Hawks would have got a deal done had he nominated us.
But he didn't so its not our problem.

Given our current list and the amount of players we have coming through the system what role will he play if he comes to Hawks? Is he a real need?

He would be the other half forward alongside Moore alternating between half forward/midfield.

HF: Grainger-Barras, Ryan, Gresham

F: Breust, Lewis, Moore

My guess is they are happy for him to test his market value and come back to them with offers

Or maybe Gresham has had a frank discussion with Lyon about club(s) that have shown interest and Ross the Boss has his eye on a certain player as part of a trade. Could be Hawthorn and I have an inkling on who that may be. If I am correct, I hope we pass.

F1+29 + Sis Apology for Naughton & 36

Compo rules need to change. Should be based on last rejected offer from current club & not offer from new club.

Clubs can match but once matched, they need to trade or player goes to PSD on terms he sets. Then we won't have this drama with FA.

When you argue from first principles, this makes sense for AFL argument on why clubs are being compensated. If not clubs like Saints who don't want to keep Gresham get compensated(same with Mckay & North). Just need to give soundbites on "needed player"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back