Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Let that Mankura note be a cautionary tale to everybody who wasted forum space saying we HAD to draft him.

Hopefully the lad can make a career as a player, but he had a tiny sample size and lots of question marks around him.

I think it also suggests that stopping kids from playing during their formative years can have a huge impact on their development and careers. Similar to the covid effected DGB draft. I never want the hawks to try and hide anything!

Big slider this year but I wouldn't mind us having a good look at Moir. Would need to be done using a live pick swap of later picks after the McCabe bid.

Slid for a reason which is because of his lackadaisical efforts. He wasn't talked up as a top 5 talent last year for no reason, he still has the talent and high-end traits. The good news is that you don't lose talent but you can coach to encourage drive and heart.

With the state of our forward line I feel it would be remiss to not look at a player like that. Could be anything, could also be incredibly frustrating.

Concern is if Meek isn't breaking into the side he will want out. I can easily see him being the #1 ruck elsewhere.
Played 16/24 games in his first year, and definitely showed some improvement. Can't imagine he'd be that disenchanted with his opportunity and output. Notwithstanding a club like Sydney or Port might be able to turn his head with a good offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big slider this year but I wouldn't mind us having a good look at Moir. Would need to be done using a live pick swap of later picks after the McCabe bid.

Slid for a reason which is because of his lackadaisical efforts. He wasn't talked up as a top 5 talent last year for no reason, he still has the talent and high-end traits. The good news is that you don't lose talent but you can coach to encourage drive and heart.

With the state of our forward line I feel it would be remiss to not look at a player like that. Could be anything, could also be incredibly frustrating.
Mitch Thorp 2.0 for mine

Huge talent but just seems to be going half speed at all times which has cost him.

Really thought the championships would make him lift a level due to the competition but he went the other way

We've reached peak silly season with Meek being mentioned.

Considering our back up ruck stocks are Ramdsen (jury is out on if he'll make it) and Tucker (probably 2 years away from a debut, minimum), Meek would be on the untouchables list.

Why not ruck? The only talk is us losing big guys. We've got a million mids, but it's sell off the big guy season. 😁

We've reached peak silly season with Meek being mentioned.

Considering our back up ruck stocks are Ramdsen (jury is out on if he'll make it) and Tucker (probably 2 years away from a debut, minimum), Meek would be on the untouchables list.
Read the post again.

It’s not “silly season” to post that clubs are interested. As they should be when he’s ready made.

Read the post again.

It’s not “silly season” to post that clubs are interested. As they should be when he’s ready made.

It's silly season when somebody plucks a name from anywhere and we lose 6 pages to speculation however.

It's silly season when somebody plucks a name from anywhere and we lose 6 pages to speculation however.
Of course it is, but Meek is getting tapped on the shoulder by a number of clubs.

Do people not remember Nash and Kosi as our rucks last year? Why on earth would we let Meek go, he is hugely important at the moment, and its one area that we can say has ok depth. We want to get the same type of depth into our key position stocks, not make the one area that is ok weak again.
I would agree it’s unlikely, however, it’s been made pretty clear that Reeves is the number one ruck, and there is a lot of love from inside the club towards Ramsden and what he can be in 2024 and beyond.
With Tucker also developing we’re in a decent spot for rucks again, so although it would still seem quite unlikely, perhaps if a club like Sydney comes to us with a really good pick if we pay most of his contract, we might release him.

I wouldn’t think he’s on the Untouchables list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back