Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who can get us a second round pick that is easily replaceable should be considered. We need 2024 picks to either trade back in or go after early FS picks next year. Suns r1 would be a huge enabler to improve our draft capital by sliding back this year and grabbing gws picks or r1 future with crows. Done right it could get us 2 top 12 picks this year or this year and next.
Hello, what sort of trade would you do with GWS?
I for one would be happy to slide back and into the future ( particularly if gws wins the flag), but I doubt the club wants to do that.

yeah - we need a number 2 for lewis and a reliable fwd ruck. We wouldn't play all 3 every week but need the coverage of those roles.

I would guess Ramsden is currently viewed as the future fwd ruck - he's going to be in and out though next year & Kosi provides some coverage.

We still don't have the 2nd fwd. This might be Ryan but he needs a HUGE preseason. Maybe DGB but I'd need to be convinced he's not a defender (and think unfortunately he's an intercept defender and not what we really need down back).

So from all that - I reckon we need a stop gap 2nd fwd & to play one of Ramsden or Kosi in the fwd ruck role. The stop gap is there until we can attract a Ben King or someone else, or until someone we draft this year is ready to go.

This all looks really crook if Lewis doesn't stay on the park!
What about. Buku Khamis - Is he worth to consider?

North Melbourne free agent Ben McKay had a medical at Essendon on Wednesday, his third medical at an AFL club, as he approaches a decision on his next move.

McKay has done a medical at Essendon, Sydney and Hawthorn and received at least verbal offers from all three clubs.

MICHAEL GLEESON reports in today's AFL Briefing:

North Melbourne free agent Ben McKay had a medical at Essendon on Wednesday, his third medical at an AFL club, as he approaches a decision on his next move.

McKay has done a medical at Essendon, Sydney and Hawthorn and received at least verbal offers from all three clubs.

MICHAEL GLEESON reports in today's AFL Briefing:
Why am I getting the vibe he's playing this scenario like an auction; pushing the bids higher and higher?

yeah - we need a number 2 for lewis and a reliable fwd ruck. We wouldn't play all 3 every week but need the coverage of those roles.

I would guess Ramsden is currently viewed as the future fwd ruck - he's going to be in and out though next year & Kosi provides some coverage.

We still don't have the 2nd fwd. This might be Ryan but he needs a HUGE preseason. Maybe DGB but I'd need to be convinced he's not a defender (and think unfortunately he's an intercept defender and not what we really need down back).

So from all that - I reckon we need a stop gap 2nd fwd & to play one of Ramsden or Kosi in the fwd ruck role. The stop gap is there until we can attract a Ben King or someone else, or until someone we draft this year is ready to go.

This all looks really crook if Lewis doesn't stay on the park!

Just wait for the a grader. We have enough stop gaps. Maybe the memory of vickery and Patton haunts me.

Why am I getting the vibe he's playing this scenario like an auction; pushing the bids higher and higher?
I was in a Cafe, Tuesday, & overheard a phone call between he & his manager (but only from his manager's side). Words to the effect:

"Look... Ben... you're not very durable & when you play, you're not very good... TAKE THE F'EN MONEY & RUN..."

So... read into that what you will. :shrug:

Where’s the next Jack Gunston?

You have no idea how crap Waterman is, he didn't get consistent game time at the Chooks for nothing, he could even carve up the Eagles seconds...CRAB
Bit unfair to judge any forward playing for the eagles 2nds they are woeful.

Not saying we get Waterman though. He isn’t much more than a stop gap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What would you do in his situation? Bloke’s got a big payday fall in his lap and every day he doesn’t make a decision his price goes up
You don't make big sport money in the AFL so you've gotta do the best you can.

The more I think about it the more I think Maric has to be part of the Brockman trade. I have a feeling he's going to explode in the next two years. Exactly what we need. It would be fitting for the romantics out there give we pinched Brocky from under their noses and they pinched Maric from under ours.

The more I think about it the more I think Maric has to be part of the Brockman trade. I have a feeling he's going to explode in the next two years. Exactly what we need. Besides, it would be fitting as we pinched Brocky from under their noses and they returned the favour by taking Maric from under ours.
Maric is contracted to the end of 2024 and loves it in Perth and West Coast love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back