Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah - we need a number 2 for lewis and a reliable fwd ruck. We wouldn't play all 3 every week but need the coverage of those roles.

I would guess Ramsden is currently viewed as the future fwd ruck - he's going to be in and out though next year & Kosi provides some coverage.

We still don't have the 2nd fwd. This might be Ryan but he needs a HUGE preseason. Maybe DGB but I'd need to be convinced he's not a defender (and think unfortunately he's an intercept defender and not what we really need down back).

So from all that - I reckon we need a stop gap 2nd fwd & to play one of Ramsden or Kosi in the fwd ruck role. The stop gap is there until we can attract a Ben King or someone else, or until someone we draft this year is ready to go.

This all looks really crook if Lewis doesn't stay on the park!

If we're desperate for a partner for Mitch Lewis, and keep missing other targets, I'd like Chol.

Seems amiss up at Suns. Not a superstar, but could help out our forward line
Kicked 44.27 in 2022 playing 22 games, 200cm, athletic.

Not sure what happened this year, maybe he fell out of favour? Played 10 odd game’s?

Edit: Ben King back from injury.

Last edited:

I'd say a one year contract indicates the club isn't exactly bullish on him but more of a "what other option so we have?" kind of deal.
I also say that other clubs will have to now better that offer to tempt him to move.

May give us bit of leverage in negotiations if clubs know that he won't be delisted & they can pick him on the cheap. So clubs sitting back will have to join the negotiations, give a call to his manger & MM.

If we are talking only to Tigers, we may have to take pick 44 but if another club is sniffing around now we could get their pick 25 with a F4 going back.

If we're desperate for a partner for Mitch Lewis, and keep missing other targets, I'd like Chol.

Seems amiss up at Suns. Not a superstar, but could help out our forward line
Adelaide and Brisbane reported to be chasing Chol.

I am not concerned about North. Get it through your head, the HFC key defensive stocks are poor, very poor before we even talk about a KPF to support an injury prone Lewis.

Those who say we can just draft our way out of this are living in la la land.
It takes time, usually 2-3 years for for KPP’s to develop enough.

One of the reasons we must draft Dear and McCabe this year.

To have a Key forward and a Key Backman developing on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same, has had some good results as of late. Some people need to take into account a couple of years of not playing at his best due to the really difficult time both he and his family were going through with the illness of his dad. Would have taken a big toll on them mentally and physically watching his Dad go through such a battle.

Next year. We cannot afford to lose any Draft picks this year. The only thing left is to try and get more Draft capital.

We have got to keep what we have.

We have already lost Brockman and probably Chad for most of the year.

The list, structure and depth needs to improve, substantially, not go backwards.
Anyone who can get us a second round pick that is easily replaceable should be considered. We need 2024 picks to either trade back in or go after early FS picks next year. Suns r1 would be a huge enabler to improve our draft capital by sliding back this year and grabbing gws picks or r1 future with crows. Done right it could get us 2 top 12 picks this year or this year and next.

Same, has had some good results as of late. Some people need to take into account a couple of years of not playing at his best due to the really difficult time both he and his family were going through with the illness of his dad. Would have taken a big toll on them mentally and physically watching his Dad go through such a battle.
Dear seems to have a great attitude and I would be happy if the club rookied him and invested in his development.

Sounds like West Coast have offered him a bare minimum contract which he is not happy with at all.

Wouldn't mind a crack at him, wouldnt cost much and if he gets healthy could pay off.
The issue is he is firmly entrenched in WA. Being the son of Chris after all it would need to be a really enticing offer to make him travel interstate indefinitely. Not as simple as offering another player or a 2nd round pick. Has to be a compelling reason for him to come. He's pissed off with West Coast but that will ease at some point because of his family history. Chris has not been happy with how they are dealing with his health problems so that could create a situation where he is happy to see him move.

The issue is he is firmly entrenched in WA. Being the son of Chris after all it would need to be a really enticing offer to make him travel interstate indefinitely. Not as simple as offering another player or a 2nd round pick. Has to be a compelling reason for him to come. He's pissed off with West Coast but that will ease at some point because of his family history. Chris has not been happy with how they are dealing with his health problems so that could create a situation where he is happy to see him move.
Is his brother still in Vic? Thought he was at the dons

Edit: dw did my own digging. Alec Waterman returned to play for the highly successful West Coast WAFL team this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back