Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we can get a second. Take it.
Use port as leverage. All over the place re-kp assets. They are looking at every option available. Hence ratogolea been so highly sort after. I know a late first would be a steal but doesn't mean we're not gonna ask

I hope we are trying to get Elijah Hollands. I was really big on him in his draft year, and I'm certainly still a fan of him now. He's yet to put it together but has shown glimpses, particularly when he played us at the end of last year. His performance against Box Hill yesterday certainly wasn't stellar, but some of his touches, especially inside the forward 50, showed he was a class above. I'm not sure what he's worth, and it would be hard as we need picks to match a bid on McCabe and potentially Dear, but I still believe he is undoubtedly an elite talent.

And to add on to my point about Hollands, we should certainly be asking around about Mabior Chol. It was one of the most dominant performances I've seen all year. Whether it was the mark he took over Denver, the mark that he managed to snatch out of the hands of Koschitzke, or his ability to play up the ground, he showed why he could be the man we are looking for. The best thing is that he's already proven he can do it at the AFL level.

I hope we are trying to get Elijah Hollands. I was really big on him in his draft year, and I'm certainly still a fan of him now. He's yet to put it together but has shown glimpses, particularly when he played us at the end of last year. His performance against Box Hill yesterday certainly wasn't stellar, but some of his touches, especially inside the forward 50, showed he was a class above. I'm not sure what he's worth, and it would be hard as we need picks to match a bid on McCabe and potentially Dear, but I still believe he is undoubtedly an elite talent.
Was the best midfielder in the 2020 draft. 190cm with a burst of speed, sticky hands and a knack for bombing long goals.

I think he'll be on every club's radar, but he's contracted and I think Gold Coast will try their best to keep him. Looking at the young talent on GC's list, while then adding Ethan Read, Jake Rogers, Jed Walter and Elijah Hollands back to his best... Hardwick would be hard pressed to avoid another three flags.

This is an amazing post from someone who doesn’t think that we should target Ben King.

Dear will be lucky to be drafted.

I’m only using Dear as a Example not as the player to use Whoever we draft or use I feel needs to play in the side if we use Ramsden and not draft another player then use him but he needs to play to get games into him with Lewis so he learns his forward movement and they get use to playing together.

The longer we don’t play the tall in the side the longer it takes for the player to get to the stage he can impact games every week.

And not use a player from other club just to get a player that’s a stop gap like some want us to go after every times a player is linked that’s a tall.

And yes let’s hope it’s not King.

Chol was unbelievable today. 9 shots on goal.

DGB is a fwd. I've seen enough. Certainly won't ever be a key defender.

Mabior has some real natural talent when he is on. Unfortunately at times his laconic style and work rate is through the floor and stands out.

He is a player that will always be between your firsts and seconds as he has zero consistency with work rate or performance.

His good a few times every year is exceptional.

His bad is horrendous.

I reckon we have enough of that type of player on our list.

Mabior has some real natural talent when he is on. Unfortunately at times his laconic style and work rate is through the floor and stands out.

He is a player that will always be between your firsts and seconds as he has zero consistency with work rate or performance.

His good a few times every year is exceptional.

His bad is horrendous.

I reckon we have enough of that type of player on our list.
Chol is playing mainly VFL due to Casboult being their rock solid 2nd KPP / ruck next to King.

Levi isn’t getting any younger and Burgess is somewhat limited (though great at the lower level). At some stage Levi will finish or drop off and Chol would be expected to step up. He isn’t going anywhere….. but….

Both Burgess or McLaughlin are worth a shot as a cheap pick up who could add maturity and reliability to our forward line.

They’re the GC key forwards we should be realistically asking about.

…and a preliminary final for our 2nds. Why bring out pitchforks now? Simply because our senior side isn’t playing?

We played very well against the team which has dominated the VFL in 2023 due in part to having so few injuries in their AFL side week in/out.

They’ll hammer Werribee next week by far more than 15 points.
You mean the team that pumped us by over 10 goals not too long ago?

We are not going to get it, but we have got to use the capital this would provide. I know he is a first rounder, but sadly, I am now of the opinion he ain’t going to make it. Reluctantly let’s do it should he provide a second rounder or future second rounder.
Patience.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean the team that pumped us by over 10 goals not too long ago?
Yep - they dished out a 64 point belting in late June, but we hung in there all day yesterday and I felt it was an admirable performance.

Anyhow, in relation to trades, etc. we saw a couple of guys on the GC list who could offer more at Hawthorn than what they’re doing up there.

Hardwick taking over might see some of them want to hang around to see if new opportunities arise, but I feel Moyle, Burgess or McLaughlin could add a fair bit to us if we could get any of those three.

We are not going to get it, but we have got to use the capital this would provide. I know he is a first rounder, but sadly, I am now of the opinion he ain’t going to make it. Reluctantly let’s do it should he provide a second rounder or future second rounder.

My biggest concern with Denver is, he is not controlling the controllable’s in his professional career.

When you’re falling short of expectations, one thing you can do is control the controllable’s. Three preseasons in and he has shown little improvement.

An giving dumb free kicks still after plenty of time to learn really peeves me off! He wouldn’t even listen to his team mates.

My biggest concern with Denver is, he is not controlling the controllable’s in his professional career.

When you’re falling short of expectations, one thing you can do is control the controllable’s. Three preseasons in and he has shown little improvement.

An giving dumb free kicks still after plenty of time to learn really peeves me off! He wouldn’t even listen to his team mates.

I agree at times he is really frustrating but he was recruited as an intercept marking back and is extremely lean yet we throw him on monsters all the time.

If we had some depth-

Blanck and then another monster defender followed by Sicily and DGB he would be much better suited.

DGB will be a star. Like all players needs a big block of consecutive games to build confidence and shine.
Hope so. Lots of people have written him off, if he comes off its almost like having a new recruit. 2020 draft was ****ed but we got Newk out of it so we're already winners no matter what

Hope so. Lots of people have written him off, if he comes off its almost like having a new recruit. 2020 draft was ****ed but we got Newk out of it so we're already winners no matter what
In hindsight, it was the year to trade out of (into Future Picks).

I agree at times he is really frustrating but he was recruited as an intercept marking back and is extremely lean yet we throw him on monsters all the time.

If we had some depth-

Blanck and then another monster defender followed by Sicily and DGB he would be much better suited.
I feel the club had hoped he would develop into a big FB.

Sadly for Denver we have plenty of HBF.

To be fair to the kid and us I think we need to trade him or another HBF to make room, before it’s too late for player and club.

One more year before we consider trading imo. The possibility he could break out next year is not minuscule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back