Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Duursma - salvageable?
if we think we can reprogram him and make him better.. for sure.
should be FUD'ing all the port players we have interest in.. that club is clearly incapable of success given current regime, and we should be exploiting it to our benefit (should sammy/macca and co believe there's opportunity).

Pass on Duursma - but feels like Port could be in a bit of turmoil and may be opportunity to poach some players.

They typically have a lot of guys with run and skills. Wasn’t Byrne-Jones AA one year? But now playing forward. What happened to fantasia?

Why not?

He is young enough, has talent! Why not if we got him cheap enough to make the roll of a dice worth it?

Ok… No.. unless he’s a 3rd rounder.

Not quick enough to be an outside mid/winger. Ordinary leg.
Not clean enough at ground level.
Poor decision maker.
Shoulder limiting him overhead

To lose Harry or even Bramble and add X would be a horrific downgrade.

He’s behind - Harry, CJ, Amon, Day, Moore, Bramble, Ward… even add Cal Brown…

He’s about Stephens level right now.

The guy I would have a look at is Lochie Gollant from Adelaide.

Can’t squeeze in front of Walker/Fogarty/Tilthorpe.

He’s definitely an upgrade on Kosi and Greene. Kicked 40 goals in the SANFL this year. Leads hard. Nice overhead. Is only 22. Played 11 games at AFL level.

He’s a much better prospect than Waterman or Chol.

Contracted to 2024

He’s definitely an upgrade on Kosi and Greene. Kicked 40 goals in the SANFL this year. Leads hard. Nice overhead. Is only 22. Played 11 games at AFL level.

Contracted to 2024
Gollant has missed two gettable goals today already. Not the best when shooting from the left hand side. Bit like a younger version of Greene.

Contracted to 2024
Is he a bit light to take Kosies spot? Happy to defer to the bloke that has watched him play much more than me

Is he a bit light to take Kosies spot? Happy to defer to the bloke that has watched him play much more than me
Certainly wouldn't expect Gollant to play 2nd Ruck (as Kosi now does) but he's likely better as a FWD, with greater scope for improvement.

*in saying this, I also think Kosi has scope for improvement. He frustrates a lot of posters, but for better or worse (due to the make-up of our List), he'll likely get more time/opportunity than he otherwise would have. Score board probs doesn't show it but I thought he was better in 2023 than 2022 - marked better, led better & worked better in tandem work others.

I’m sure it’s an unpopular opinion but I’d rather keep Ferg and his Moustache. I hope the hawks resign him but I get the feeling we won’t.
happy to move Ferg on but keep the Moustache, hopefully we can use it to lure Oleg Markov to the club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly wouldn't expect Gollant to play 2nd Ruck (as Kosi now does) but he's likely better as a FWD, with greater scope for improvement.

*in saying this, I also think Kosi has scope for improvement. He frustrates a lot of posters, but for better or worse (due to the make-up of our List), he'll likely get more time/opportunity than he otherwise would have. Score board probs doesn't show it but I thought he was better in 2023 than 2022 - marked better, led better & worked better in tandem work others.
Agree with this, if he improves 2024 as much he has 2023, he’ll be a player. Bit bullish on Kozi going round again. Hale is the perfect coach/mentor too.

If Chol came cheap, I would be all for it. Short term fix. The guy is huge, taking the attention of the oppo key back and has kicked over 40 goals a year. Something our great hope Lewis is yet to achieve…

If, or should I say, when Lewis misses his usual 6-7 games, we still have a presence in the fwd half.

A pick gained for Brockman would be close to the mark, what’s there to lose?

Ok… No.. unless he’s a 3rd rounder.

Not quick enough to be an outside mid/winger. Ordinary leg.
Not clean enough at ground level.
Poor decision maker.
Shoulder limiting him overhead

To lose Harry or even Bramble and add X would be a horrific downgrade.

He’s behind - Harry, CJ, Amon, Day, Moore, Bramble, Ward… even add Cal Brown…

He’s about Stephens level right now.
Fair enough, an how do you rate his brother ? z Duursma?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back