Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's all BS mate the figures are not that high
Incredible to think that in today’s day and age sports journalists can essentially dream up facts and print them and not be held accountable.

I'd be keen to see what happens if it doesn't trigger band one.

North fans seem convinced they'll match and get better than the band two compo in trade, or that McKay would be otherwise happy to stay.

Personally I don't see any club willing to pay up anything like that in trade on top of their contract offer which would have been based on the assumption they weren't having to give anything else up.

Nor do I see McKay sticking around if he's already mentally committed to moving. Also not great for their culture to force a player who wants out to stay and be paying them big bucks at the same time.

It could force the fabled PSD scenario. Of course, North would have a selection ahead of everyone except West Coast. But all McKay needs to do is nominate a short term deal on massive money. If North are stubborn and select him anyway then they'll take a massive blow to their cap for what would then be a disgruntled player who will be an unrestricted free agent in 2 years. And if they pass the deal can then be smoothed out with an extension (AFAIK, no rules against this as it's not a free agency signing).

Of course none of that will happen. The AFL will just strongly suggest they let him go and then fix them up with some more assistance package.

If they matched our offer we wouldn’t give nearly as much as they want in a trade. We have salary cap space to throw around, not draft picks.

I wish the AFL was capable of planning ahead so clubs could plan around cap space, salary trading, FA rule changes, pick purchasing etc. rather than just throwing it in.

If we're after Duursma and Watson in the draft Breust would be invaluable from an education perspective. Would need to be at least one of their firsts and then some.
I think Breust will see out his career as a one club player. And agreee he is worth more as mentor than any pick we could pick up this year

nothing short of their highest pick in the draft (I think Freo pick 6)

we all saw in plain vision their inability to kick goals seeing them straight sets 2 years in a row. pick 6 or GTFO I would rather keep Breust who is more a champion than everyone in their team combined

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is where we're told to take pick 67 and like it.

We have learnt what happens when you ship players off. That has to stop.
Breust has shown time and time again he has no interest in playing elsewhere, he wants to be a Hawk and is coming off a huge year in a position we have no depth in.

He wants to be here
We want him to be here

No reason to give a journos dumb made up 'should they' hypothetical any attention.

Insane to me how people can be footy journalists but have 0 real insight into Melbourne's issues and how to fix them.

They don't need small forwards, they don't need key forwards, they need someone who can deliver the ball I50 with a kicking efficiency better than 60%. Petracca, Oliver and Viney are responsible for a significant portion of their I50s every week and NONE of them kick at above 55% let alone 60%. Viney goes at 49%. Even their outside midfielders / HFFs like Neal-Bullen and Langdon are terrible kicks.

They've had serviceable tall forwards for the past couple of years, just no one who can actually kick the ball to their advantage.

Mitchell was recently confirmed to be interstate about a week ago or so- part of me is wondering if he's been meeting up with potential players more sneakily than maybe we've expected.
How much work can we put into Ben King prior to next season's trade/draft period?
Are there other players that we might be putting work into on the sly?
How hard would it be for us to pry a KPP out of an interstate club?

<North main board nuffies> want to know your location
triggered GIF

Couple of left fielders out of the Port reviews. Boaky will get another contract but been told he risks plenty of SANFL game time. I know him personally, ripping bloke great leader and student of the game. Could get him for a year and get him into an assistant coaching role the year after. Ex Torquay boy.

Burgoyne’s boy is probably gettable even with SB working there. Would be worth a conversation.

Insane to me how people can be footy journalists but have 0 real insight into Melbourne's issues and how to fix them.

They don't need small forwards, they don't need key forwards, they need someone who can deliver the ball I50 with a kicking efficiency better than 60%. Petracca, Oliver and Viney are responsible for a significant portion of their I50s every week and NONE of them kick at above 55% let alone 60%. Viney goes at 49%. Even their outside midfielders / HFFs like Neal-Bullen and Langdon are terrible kicks.

They've had serviceable tall forwards for the past couple of years, just no one who can actually kick the ball to their advantage.
Could not agree any more strongly, what I would add is that those % actually go down when sensitized for pressure, when the game gets above 180 on the pressure count those three kick the ball even worse, Viney in particular heads into the 30s and occasionally 20s. IN a final like Friday night I said to both my wife and brother in law (Melbourne fans) you watch Viney cough the ball up in last 15 minutes. Poor technique can't be corrected and they all have bad technique, too high drop and regularly across the body. Why so often they hae tumbling dump kicks into forward line that are easy to defend.

Why it is important we look to move Frost and other bad kicks on now so we can hold and control play from behind the ball with more confidence which gives forwards greater opportunity.

Mitchell was recently confirmed to be interstate about a week ago or so- part of me is wondering if he's been meeting up with potential players more sneakily than maybe we've expected.
How much work can we put into Ben King prior to next season's trade/draft period?
Are there other players that we might be putting work into on the sly?
How hard would it be for us to pry a KPP out of an interstate club?
I like it, Sammy is out there selling the future Hawks to those stamped with interest by MM. Sam is our best salesman. Looking forward to a few surprise in the not too distant future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back