Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im 40/60 sold on mckay, fills a big need, but how many games will he play. History says about 10 games per year?

I wouldnt be mad if we offered 5 years 4mil. Depending on salary room the first two years 1.1mil and year 3/4/5 600k we have money for other big free agents.

Hope he hits form and is then on decent wages

His recent injuries have been overstated. He played 19 games in a row after missing the start of this year, 15 last year due to not being managed back well, full 22 in 2021.

We've already got Meek to ruck in the VFL. We can't afford to pay Grundy to compete for his spot.
Mind you Grundy has built a solid year of form in the VFL and is now comfortable at the level - Meek might have a real fight on his hands for that spot

Im 40/60 sold on mckay, fills a big need, but how many games will he play. History says about 10 games per year?

I wouldnt be mad if we offered 5 years 4mil. Depending on salary room the first two years 1.1mil and year 3/4/5 600k we have money for other big free agents.

Hope he hits form and is then on decent wages
I was thinking something similar, what was that rumoured Esava deal, 5mil over 7 years?
If you break it up into something like you said doesn't seem so bad.

Regarding Ben's injuries was he injured over his first few years or just held out of the side by prime Tarrant and Thompson? You can't really fault a young KPD not getting a game over those 2.

I was thinking something similar, what was that rumoured Esava deal, 5mil over 7 years?

Regarding Ben's injuries was he injured over his first few years or just held out of the side by prime Tarrant and Thompson? You can't really fault a young KPD not getting a game over those 2.
Yes his average games are 10 because he hardly played as most kpd don’t as they develop. Been pretty reliable last 3 which account for most of his 70 total.

700K a yr for 7 yrs should trigger only Band 2 Compo while 850K for 5 will be Band 1

Wouldn't mind front loading all that and paying his contract out early after Yr 5 if he is dead weight in the club & not tradeable to anyone else.

5m for 7 yrs seem excessive still, so hoping there are performance clauses to trigger Yr 6 & 7.

700K a yr for 7 yrs should trigger only Band 2 Compo while 850K for 5 will be Band 1

Wouldn't mind front loading all that and paying his contract out early after Yr 5 if he is dead weight in the club & not tradeable to anyone else.

5m for 7 yrs seem excessive still, so hoping there are performance clauses to trigger Yr 6 & 7.
I doubt very much we’d offer someone a 7 year deal

We didn’t even offer Buddy that long

Our big advantage if we don’t land anything major this off season is our f1 will hold its perceived bottom 4 value. Also suns don’t want 2023 draft capital they want 2024. That should mean dees crows gws dogs aren’t well placed to get suns r1. But we could and then be very well placed to deal it as we are very interested in more early 2023 picks. cats/scum first and future first for 4 and f2? So at a guess that Would be a trade of 4 and 22 for something like 8 and 8 for example? I don’t see how either really improve and suns and freo are behind them.
My worry isn't the Suns being happy to take our F1 but rather Chol not wanting to come. By memory he was very eager to move to the Gold Coast to be closer to family so if forced out then you'd think he might prefer to go to Brisbane which is closest place to his family.

My worry isn't the Suns being happy to take our F1 but rather Chol not wanting to come. By memory he was very eager to move to the Gold Coast to be closer to family so if forced out then you'd think he might prefer to go to Brisbane which is closest place to his family.
I wasn’t including Chol. 29 and our f1 should get it done once they trade some players for second and third round picks.

WRONG.

Bird, is the word.
family guy dancing GIF

Isaac Smith, Jeremy Cameron, Bowles, Zack Tuoy, Ollie Henry, Gary Rohan, Jonathon Ceglar, Patrick Dangerfield, Tanner Bruhn. etc….. but not comfortable letting a player go….. but nearly half their side is from other clubs

Lots of media mates created this.
When there is a threat of losing a player, the media always jump in and talk up the player, so they either get overs, or the player stays.

Other clubs get talked down, and the media heaps pressure to cave

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon $tains have McKay
Agreed. I think CaptainWorpedo nailed it yesterday with the Brad Scott connection but more so the final carrot will be that Dodo literally has a pre-printed cheque book that says ‘100k more per season than what Hawthorn offers’ 😂

Without actually playing the game and naming someone I think it's important to remember that we don't actually need this so called player to be great but rather just accountable and provide a chop out to Lewis so the team can structure up better. If we're talking about Chol here then the question should be can he be a better foil than Kosi and if so then I'd be trying to workout a deal with the Suns to also get pick 4.

If we could get a future 2nd for Kosi then maybe we can then on trade that along with our F1 for pick 4 and Chol.

Suns get:
F1 + F2*

Hawks get:
Pick 4 + Chol

*Another team gets Kosi for F2

Just on the mechanics of this, wouldn't there have to be a third club actively involved, as I didn't think that you can trade out F1 and and of Fx (where x = 2, 3, 4) in the same year? How does this apply to future picks from other clubs, or does it only apply to "natural" (ie non-traded-in) picks?

Suppose we lack a natural F2, and we do the trade as suggested above with a third club, say Richmond:

Suns get Haw F1 and Ric F2
Hawks get Pick 4 and Chol
Rich get Kosi

In that case, Rich's F2 never touches us. But if we did it in two tranches:

T1: Swap Kosi for Rich F2
T2: as per Bugs1977 trade above

then we have touched it, and may not be allowed?

Functionally equivalent, but one is allowed and the other is not. Have I got that right?

Can someone please let me know when I get home from my quantum mechanics class? My brain needs a bit of a rest...

P

Do we really want a guy like McKay who appears to be shopping himself to the highest bidder? (And pretty transparently trying to get higher and higher offers). The fact we seem to still be engaging shows a bit of desperation. How can you get comfort the guys is bought in to culture/performance once he gets his payday?

Do we really want a guy like McKay who appears to be shopping himself to the highest bidder? (And pretty transparently trying to get higher and higher offers). The fact we seem to still be engaging shows a bit of desperation. How can you get comfort the guys is bought in to culture/performance once he gets his payday?
I wouldn't believe the numbers or the number of years being quoted in the media. They are inflated to get clicks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back