Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At today's match Riccardi was lazy, selfish and slow ...
I am glad we didn't go very far with him. There is definetely a guardian angel protecting Hawks this week.
Agree, Riccardi just doesn’t do enough. A slight upgrade on Kosi. 8 touches and a goal or 2 versus 7 touches and a goal! People on here want a player for the sake of it. Guys like McKay, Ratugolea, Henry, Gresham and Riccardi are just solid citizens. Can’t believe people on here get so upset when we miss out on B and C graders!

Agree, Riccardi just doesn’t do enough. A slight upgrade on Kosi. 8 touches and a goal or 2 versus 7 touches and a goal! People on here want a player for the sake of it. Guys like McKay, Ratugolea, Henry, Gresham and Riccardi are just solid citizens. Can’t believe people on here get so upset when we miss out on B and C graders!
He’s an opportunistic forward that benefits from the Giants fast ball movement. No real loss missing him aside from our lack of key position players

I would take the contract we offered McKay and give it to Buckley from GWS. He would probably take it. I doubt GWS would pay him that give Himmelberg and Taylor would both be getting over $700k each
Buckley is contracted until 2026 and GWS wouldn’t want to trade him.

So we have missed on a best 22 key defender, our most pressing need and have now moved back a draft spot. Surely everyone can see that as everyone shares the same view that it's a big loss ?

We dont spend the next 6 years paying an avg player $800k a year.

Thats a win.

100 %

Clarksons decision

I called it then

Grandson became and all time swan great

Grandson in his 8th game Carried a depleted hawk mid v Geelong …for all to see but Clarko wasn’t watching

Which midfielder would you have traded to make way for Kennedy?

The correct answer is none. He wanted games and we had better players at the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we’re aren’t playing finals for a couple of years.

You’re naive or wilfully ignorant if you think playing ANZAC day isn’t a massive pull for players.
Finals would attract me and we have a pretty good record returning to finals in a reasonable time frame.

If I was a player manager and I was dealing with Essendon, I would come to Hawthorn and promise the world then report back to Dodoro to get the deal done on better terms lol, I jest, but it seems we have lost out on a bunch of free agents and trade targets, maybe when we get closer to being a finals team, we can land a couple? good thing sleepy Mark is a good draft recruiter.
Seems like this was the Ben McKay situation?

Consider Melbourne:

In 2012 they finished 16th
In 2013 they finished 17th
In 2014 they finished 17th
In 2015 they finished 13th
In 2016 they finished 11th
In 2017 they finished 9th - brought in Lever who didn't really pay fit until 2020
In 2018 they finished 5th - brought in May
2019 was a mess in every sense.
In 2020 they finished 5th, choked
In 2021 they won the flag and have been strong since.

In 2020 they finished 9th. They came from nowhere in 2021. In any case Covid premierships don't really count.

Was massively impressed by Connor Idun tonight. Wonder if he'd ever consider moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back