Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Niners fan I hate Mahomes. But would take him as QB in an instant. He is so good.

If you haven't already, check out the QB docuseries on Netflix. It's so bloody awesome - Mahomes is such a competitive beast but seems like a really grateful, grounded guy off the field. Hard not to like him from watching it even as someone who isn't a Chiefs fan (go Seahawks!).

Hodge was a bust early but he has become the best performer in that draft, which was the best draft ever
I agree with the best draft ever comment, as much as I love Hodge, that’s highly debatable that he was the best. Hodge, Judd, Ball, Bartel, GAJ, Swan, Lake, Stevie J, S Mitchell J Kelly, C Brown, Hale…. And that’s before you go the blokes that didn’t GFs, brownlows or norm smiths.

So trade radio reckons that Taylor Adams is worth Syd pick 23, but our Tom was worth what we got lol. His one year older and tom won our b&f at the time? 🤪

Goes to show how under valued our supporter think our players are worth..

Harley was playing U/19's as a 15 year old.
He's been number one in this draft for over 3 years.

If Daicos.Ashcroft and Harley were all in the same draft having played NAB league
against each other in the same year, Harley is still going number 1 on draft night.
He can play forward, mid or back. He is worth way more than two first rounders.

I reckon it’s 3 f1st, brocky and something else. What do they need preferably running back flankers. Harry?

It’s gotta be someone who will hurt slightly

In 2001 pick 1 hodge pick 20 elstone and pick 36 Mitchell was swapped for croad and McPharlin (who was a boomerang) solid KPP

Apparently we were considering drafting Montagne too if only.

And supporters rioted

Excellent point.

It's not wise to invest all your draft capital on one player. Very risky.

Also the pressure that would be on Reid to perform if we did that kind of deal would be off the charts.

It's enough pressure to put on an 18 year old to be taken pick 1, let alone having a club spend picks 3 & 5 plus a couple of players to get him. He'd be under the pump to perform from day 1!

Reid would get a lot of attention, but you'll find also will get protected by the media (horne-francis at North as an example)

We are also more developed as a list than North and West coast, so the transition would be easier

Reid would get a lot of attention, but you'll find also will get protected by the media (horne-francis at North as an example)

We are also more developed as a list than North and West coast, so the transition would be easier

Unfortunalely out f 1st won’t look as good,(we climb the ladder) but wce probably get 1 or 2 next year too. They might try to split our f 1st if they chose to take it.

Our gamble would be in overpaying for Reid is it marks our intent and would boost us as a destination club for free agents next year

As a Niners fan I hate Mahomes. But would take him as QB in an instant. He is so good.
As a fellow-Niners fan, I'm still dirty we passed Mahomes by when we could've drafted him in 2017. I could go back even further to our choice of Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers in 2005. And who can forget the draft capital we gave up to draft Trey Lance, who's now with the Cowboys!

I'm an optimist, though and am delighted we (finally) got lucky with Brock Purdy (Pick No.262!!!). The lad's going to win us a Superbowl or three!

As a fellow-Niners fan, I'm still dirty we passed Mahomes by when we could've drafted him in 2017. I could go back even further to our choice of Alex Smith instead of Aaron Rodgers in 2005. And who can forget the draft capital we gave up to draft Trey Lance, who's now with the Cowboys!

I'm an optimist, though and am delighted we (finally) got lucky with Brock Purdy (Pick No.262!!!). The lad's going to win us a Superbowl or three!

Must admit it is pretty good how a team will trade 5 first round picks for a player and then offload him a year later for a 6th round like it's nothing.

If they acted like AFL teams did, nothing would get done.

I agree with the best draft ever comment, as much as I love Hodge, that’s highly debatable that he was the best. Hodge, Judd, Ball, Bartel, GAJ, Swan, Lake, Stevie J, S Mitchell J Kelly, C Brown, Hale…. And that’s before you go the blokes that didn’t GFs, brownlows or norm smiths.

I should qualify as the best return for a club who drafted him

Gaz did get the cats a great return in compo but can anyone remember who they picked up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So trade radio reckons that Taylor Adams is worth Syd pick 23, but our Tom was worth what we got lol. His one year older and tom won our b&f at the time? 🤪

They're talking shit, surely Adams is not netting Collingwood our 2nd rounder

Best draft ever without a doubt. Look at this team:

Boyd (R23) - Lake (71) - Carrazzo (R5)
Hodge (1) - Bock (R25) - Kelly (17)

Sandilands (R33) - Judd (3) - GAJ (F/S 40)
Montagna (37) - Mitchell (36) - Swan (58)

Dal Santo (13) - Waite (F/S 46) - Bartel (8)
Stevie J (24) - Lynch (R19) - Hale (7)

Bench from:
L. Ball (2)
Polak (4)
Sampi (6)
Reilly (12)
Ladson (16)
Gram (19)
Maguire (21)
Seaby (22)
LRT (29)
Brown (32)
Rodan (33)
Hansen (38)
Welsh (47)
Medhurst (56)
Schneider (60)

Jamar (R6)
Thornton (R11)
Rutten (R40)
Mattner (R51)

As for the best player discussion - Hodge is my favorite all-time player, but clearly GAJ is the best player to come out of that draft.

Last edited:
I'd love to go for Billings as a Chad replacement. Can't see him being worth much to get over!

Sent from my SCV41 using Tapatalk
Doesn't get the ball, doesn't tackle & doesn't kick goals.

We have a couple of small forwards that I'd much prefer we put time into.

Problem was we were actively trying to push Tom out mate and would have taken almost anything by the end to clear some space for the next gen to play midfield minutes.

Sydney want Adams and Collingwood aren't shopping him. We were on our second trade period with Sam trying to give Mitchell away. Hard to drive a hard bargain when it's a firesale.

Problem was we were actively trying to push Tom out mate and would have taken almost anything by the end to clear some space for the next gen to play midfield minutes.

Adams is the 6th best midfielder at the pies and is 31 next year with a lot of injury problems. Swans would be mad to offer anything decent for him if he wanted to go there.

I can't think of anyone to delist to accomodate Jack Billings while we still have to find out where Bennetts, JOS, Butler and Stephens are going to fit in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back