Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem was we were actively trying to push Tom out mate and would have taken almost anything by the end to clear some space for the next gen to play midfield minutes.

Sydney want Adams and Collingwood aren't shopping him. We were on our second trade period with Sam trying to give Mitchell away. Hard to drive a hard bargain when it's a firesale.
So you're both saying we shot ourselves in the foot? Awesome another great move by our list management team...like our negotiating skills

Best draft ever without a doubt. Look at this team:

Boyd (R23) - Lake (71) - Carrazzo (R5)
Hodge (1) - Bock (R25) - Kelly (17)

Sandilands (R33) - Judd (3) - GAJ (F/S 40)
Montagna (37) - Mitchell (36) - Swan (58)

Dal Santo (13) - Waite (F/S 46) - Bartel (8)
Stevie J (24) - Bradshaw (R16) - Hale (7)

Bench from:
L. Ball (2)
Polak (4)
Sampi (6)
Reilly (12)
Ladson (16)
Gram (19)
Maguire (21)
Seaby (22)
LRT (29)
Brown (32)
Rodan (33)
Hansen (38)
Welsh (47)
Medhurst (56)
Schneider (60)

Jamar (R6)
Thornton (R11)
Lynch (R19)
Rutten (R40)
Mattner (R51)

As for the best player discussion - Hodge is my favorite all-time player, but clearly GAJ is the best player to come out of that draft.

Good post but wrong Bradshaw. Darren was the much less talented brother of Daniel.

So you're both saying we shot ourselves in the foot? Awesome another great move by our list management team...like our negotiating skills

How exactly do you propose we traded Tom Mitchell without making it publicly known we wanted to trade Tom Mitchell? Even when we let it be known we barely had a suitor.

I swear some people expect list managers to be wizards.

Adams is the 6th best midfielder at the pies and is 31 next year with a lot of injury problems. Swans would be mad to offer anything decent for him if he wanted to go there.

3 year deal vs 1 from the Pies.

Let’s say he is on 500 a year.

That an extra 1 mill from playing footy Vs 10 years in the workforce on 100k.

No brainer for Adams.

Here's a thought. Perhaps we've told Hawthorn that we will give you a better deal on Brockman if you come out with a massive offer for pick one, which drives up the price that North or the Dee's have to pay. You pick the bugs out of our feathers and we pick the bugs out of yours.

All that noise and commotion and C Oliver is staying at the Dees.
It unreal how stories get so big so fast only to turn out to be based on nothing.

It unreal how stories get so big so fast only to turn out to be based on nothing.

Nah he was genuinely gone earlier in the week. There have been some Frank conversations this week which essentially he was told to sort his shit out and lift his standards or **** off.

Story was definitely not based on nothing

It wasn’t based on nothing

Coaches agent tells another team he is open to moving, team rings Melbourne and asks if they would take offers, Dees don’t laugh and hang up, agent associated with coach then calls media and tells them that there is something to it, story blows up, Melbourne sit down with him and tell him he needs to get professional and use the media storm to show they are okay with moving him if he doesn’t, he agrees to shape up

Melbourne used the media perfectly to get the result they wanted

How exactly do you propose we traded Tom Mitchell without making it publicly known we wanted to trade Tom Mitchell? Even when we let it be known we barely had a suitor.

I swear some people expect list managers to be wizards.
I think the Hawks should really have a value they expect for Tom, if they don't get the value they want, then don't trade him.

Not sure what is the purpose of shopping someone around and then expecting to get fair value if you aren't prepared to walk away from negotiations if you don't get fair value

OR

We should target a player/pick from a team we think Tom would compliment then approach them for a trade.

We shouldn't just announce publicly that we are looking to move him - it reeks of desperation which just destroys your potential to get anything of worth back..

The fact that they publicly made it known we were willing to deal Tom, but getting no suitors - means our department misread the landscape...again not a good sign

Here's a thought. Perhaps we've told Hawthorn that we will give you a better deal on Brockman if you come out with a massive offer for pick one, which drives up the price that North or the Dee's have to pay. You pick the bugs out of our feathers and we pick the bugs out of yours.
I had been wondering about this myself. We are making a lot of noise about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the Hawks should really have a value they expect for Tom, if they don't get the value they want, then don't trade him.

Not sure what is the purpose of shopping someone around and then expecting to get fair value if you aren't prepared to walk away from negotiations if you don't get fair value

OR

We should target a player/pick from a team we think Tom would compliment then approach them for a trade.

We shouldn't just announce publicly that we are looking to move him - it reeks of desperation which just destroys your potential to get anything of worth back..

...you're arguing as if 2023 never happened and we are still living in November 2022. If you don't know the reasons why Sam rejuvenated our midfield by trading away Mitchell and O'Meara then I really can't help you.

Birds of a feather flock together.

OR

Sorry but this rarely happens in these situations

Hawthorn had already started moving him out of centre bounces they had made up their mind that he wasn’t in their next premiership side.

It was either trade him for what they did last year or play him over other guys (maybe Will Day stays at HB) and then he leaves uncontracted this year. Reality is if it wasn’t for getting Stephens in that deal they might of been left with him here and that would of been a worse situation.

The problem with Tom was his lack of ability to play multiple positions on the field, he is great at that first touch role but he couldn’t go forward or go to half back which in reality lowered his price too. Adams has played at least 25% forward enough to make him a dual position player in fantasy leagues despite it not being his strength Tom wouldn’t of been able to offer that

IF Barrett drops an insane trade suggestion as fact

THEN Barrett is panic-dropping complete nonsense, because no one ITK actually wants to talk to him because he is a giant, melodramatic prat

I made the fatal mistake of listening for 5 minutes and he said to Nat “you know my thoughts on how Hawthorn have gone about there list changes”.

He then went on to say unless Hawthorn were prepared to offer someone like Will Day then they don’t have the assets to get pick 1.

Poor bugger will not give up.

It wasn’t based on nothing

Coaches agent tells another team he is open to moving, team rings Melbourne and asks if they would take offers, Dees don’t laugh and hang up, agent associated with coach then calls media and tells them that there is something to it, story blows up, Melbourne sit down with him and tell him he needs to get professional and use the media storm to show they are okay with moving him if he doesn’t, he agrees to shape up

Melbourne used the media perfectly to get the result they wanted
Isn't really a perfect result for them, though.

If Oliver has a single off-field issue next season and Melbourne need to get away from him, his trade value would be completely destroyed (exacerbated by his huge contract which they may need to pay some of).

Isn't really a perfect result for them, though.

If Oliver has a single off-field issue next season and Melbourne need to get away from him, his trade value would be completely destroyed (exacerbated by his huge contract which they may need to pay some of).
The fact he still has 7 years left holds the value somewhat

I made the fatal mistake of listening for 5 minutes and he said to Nat “you know my thoughts on how Hawthorn have gone about there list changes”.

He then went on to say unless Hawthorn were prepared to offer someone like Will Day then they don’t have the assets to get pick 1.

Poor bugger will not give up.

I hope Nat was just doing her 'trying not to burst out laughing at this little hate-filled elf' grin while he was saying all this.

I broached this theory yesterday and it's exactly what I think is happening especially when you consider other clubs have better draft collateral to make better offers.

The fact he still has 7 years left holds the value somewhat
If he ****s up again the following year after publicly getting an ultimatum and supposedly committing to the standards he needs to uphold... They will absolutely need to move him on and another team would be stupid to pay up what he's worth on the football field for him at that point.

The contract in this case would work against them, not for them. A contract of that length is valuable for players you want to/can keep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back