Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please North Melbourne, save us from ourselves.

I’ve never wanted Norf to Norf more than I do this trade period.

I’m all for putting faith in the club as they have just a smidge more expertise than myself but they are pushing me if these prices are in fact true.

I trust early Sam's vision a heck of a lot more than that of late Clarko's.

Not saying I'm completely comfortable with the deal being proposed but will trust Sam's judgement - he knows what we need better than we do.
I'm calling it as I see it.

If the rumours are true and we are contemplating paying that kind of price to move up just two spots in the draft that reeks of late era Clarko.

Overpaying massively for one player which has long term ramifications for the list.

And to be fair to Clarko he never paid anything like this kind of price for an unproven kid.

Like I said before if this was North or Freo contemplating a deal like this we would be rolling our eyes.

My dream hypothetical scenario is for the AFL to only offer North an end of first rounder for Mackay so we can all enjoy them whingeing but accepting it, or deciding to match and battle it out with Dodo trying to get a better pick.
I know it is unlikely but it would add so much more drama to the trade period and enable Dodo to enjoy being in the spotlight before he exits stage left.
Come on AFL give us a bit of theatre to enjoy.

Sounds like we are paying way over. If West coast are unwilling to include Brockman in the deal then we walk away. They want a young player, Brockman is that young player. Cmac has a decent ceiling for mine, if he goes in the deal then they can have a future first and that's it.

Reid may end up being in the Dusty tier of game-breaking mids.
You pay the price for that potential.
But I hate that price and the risk attached.
3 top ten picks drafted instead of a Dusty type will potentially have more impact than one Dusty type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No disrespect to Harley Reid, but he's absolutely not worth what is being discussed right now.

Ward, CMac, and Mackenzie are three very promising players with exciting futures. It would be disastrous to part with any of them, along with 2 high first round picks.

Would prefer to try to trade for Reid in 2-3 years time for significantly less.

Walk away and let other clubs get seduced by the hype.

I am feeling the same way.
Like make a decent offer. A prudent offer. If they get nothing else and are worried about Reid's go home factor, then it might be enough.

We can't include a Ward, CMac, Frenchie. Just can't do it. Hell, I don't even want DGB to go.

If he wants to be close to family then he has 2 options.

If WCE aren’t realistic then it’s Dockers or PSD.
I know his preference is WCE

No - it’s WCE or PSD. If Brockman won’t go to Freo then he won’t go to Freo. You can’t force the player to take a deal. If we don’t get a deal done with WCE then Brockman walks for free in the PSD - Brockman, WCE and Hawthorn all know this which is why a deal will get done.

No disrespect to Harley Reid, but he's absolutely not worth what is being discussed right now.

Ward, CMac, and Mackenzie are three very promising players with exciting futures. It would be disastrous to part with any of them, along with 2 high first round picks.

Would prefer to try to trade for Reid in 2-3 years time for significantly less.

Walk away and let other clubs get seduced by the hype.
I have concerns about Reid's speed and ability to "don't argue" against faster, bigger men. Will he get found out at the level? Does he have that instant u/18 transferability?

He might grow into it and he might work hard enough to increase that speed, but it's not as clear cut as it used to be.

I think the risk it too high.

We are on a great path to our rebuilding

Get Dursma/Watson

Try to get B. Smith

Have got Chol and Ambro, Maginness and possibly Dear

Have still got all of our developing kids

Try to get a top 10 pick somehow

Try to get 1 or 2 moneyball trades from Kossie and Brocky, if we can lure one more ready made player it's a great haul

We are on an upward swing now, keep the momentum going, not shoot ourselves in the foot sheesh

We are on a great path to our rebuilding

Get Dursma/Watson

Try to get B. Smith

Have got Chol and Ambro, Maginness and possibly Dear

Have still got all of our developing kids

Try to get a top 10 pick somehow

Try to get 1 or 2 moneyball trades from Kossie and Brocky, if we can lure one more ready made player it's a great haul

We are on an upward swing now, keep the momentum going, not shoot ourselves in the foot sheesh

Agree 100%.

Billings for me as the moneyball.

Our Bottom 6 improves considerably.

For those that have actually watched a lot of Reid (Davo-27 perhaps?) - where do you see him at come round 1 next year? Could he hit the ground running and just storm into senior footy like Daicos? Or will he be a slower burn like say a Petracca?

No - it’s WCE or PSD. If Brockman won’t go to Freo then he won’t go to Freo. You can’t force the player to take a deal. If we don’t get a deal done with WCE then Brockman walks for free in the PSD - Brockman, WCE and Hawthorn all know this which is why a deal will get done.
You’re not reading my post.

You’re just wanting an argument for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back