Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i don't think freo are gonna get brockman and i don't think hawks get henry. but if we work together. we can shaft the saints and eagles.

i for one rather like our 4 year offer to brockman.
We’re all rooting for a freo deal for brocky as well. When Henry put his name up for trade a swap for Brocky (with other picks) was the first thing I thought of. Unfortunately eagles have been in his ear since before the draft

It's a bit of an ugly look to get annoyed at Brockman because he made a decision he thought was best for his career and young family. Not wanting to change plans at the last second so that Hawthorn can get a better draft pick isn't a knock on his character.

Tbh the two clubs are only 30 odd mins apart, but this won’t all matter regardless as brocky can just go PSD straight to WCE anyway. He will be an eagle I just don’t see why freo are wasting their own time

One of our people was on the phone to Brocky late last night not urging him to accept Freo's offer but asking him to have a seious look at it as it would also help us. It's significantly better than the Eagles have offered him.
I'm disappointed in Brocky though as he only seems to want WC. It's fair enough I guess but I'd think he'd have some consideration for us.
Maybe I'm just being a misery-guts.

Kosi - we want pick 28, Tigers offered pick 67 (initially). We may settle on pick 49 but Tigers this morning saying 67 and a player (no idea who that is). Still a bit to play out there.
Nothing new on Chol today but it's close. Massimo seems to have stagnated thanks to Dodoro.

Now pick 1 for Reid/Bailey Smith. We have a plan which is a bundle of a couple of plans because we're still asking WC about pick 1 but talks have been continuing as well with Dogs. I wouldn't worry about strapping yourselves in because IF something gets done it'll be last day.

Not much is looking like happening this week to be honest unless for example we & another team just simultaneously agree on terms.

So no news is .... boring news. Sorry guys.
Why we calling him, do a sneaky and leak some details of the freo contract ($$$) to his wife and she'll turn him around for us...

One of our people was on the phone to Brocky late last night not urging him to accept Freo's offer but asking him to have a seious look at it as it would also help us. It's significantly better than the Eagles have offered him.
I'm disappointed in Brocky though as he only seems to want WC. It's fair enough I guess but I'd think he'd have some consideration for us.
Maybe I'm just being a misery-guts.

Wtf do the Eagles have over Brockman that he’d overlook a better deal from Freo?

Just seems so irrational from him given all the boxes ticked by going with Freo - including a better chance at some level of success given the Eagles rebuild.

To be fair to the Tiges if we only offered him a one year $150k contract pick 67 would be about right.

No way we get pick 28, pick 49 probably fair value.
That’s a media version of Chinese whispers. The initial comment was hawks offered 150k less than Richmond over the length of the contract. Somehow it’s turned into we offered him 150k

He wants to leave us so he should just go to a club that suits Hawthorn right?
Why not Brisbane? Or Adelaide if their deal suits us better?

I don't know why people expect footballers to accept decisions that we as individuals would never tolerate ourselves.
Probably because that's what the CBA allows and so that's what they do...Its been like this for how long now? They will never allow it to be like in the NBA where teams can just trade a player whenever, to wherever.

It's a bit of an ugly look to get annoyed at Brockman because he made a decision he thought was best for his career and young family. Not wanting to change plans at the last second so that Hawthorn can get a better draft pick isn't a knock on his character.
I would have thought when he made his decision he’d tell his new club that his current team should be looked after given the clearly unconditional support we’ve provided to him over the years, and the threat of the PSD would not even see
The light of day..

Wtf do the Eagles have over Brockman that he’d overlook a better deal from Freo?

Just seems so irrational from him given all the boxes ticked by going with Freo - including a better chance at some level of success given the Eagles rebuild.
Maybe he’s just always had his sights on the Eagles?

Maybe all he’s ever heard is how good they treat their players?

Maybe he has a connect with Bateman?

Maybe he values just how much the Eagles have always been into him?

It’s his decision. People need to come to terms with it.

I would have thought when he made his decision he’d tell his new club that his current team should be looked after given the clearly unconditional support we’ve provided to him over the years, and the threat of the PSD would not even see
The light of day..

It's the clubs' job to support their players. That's not something you can then use against them when they want to leave.

If you don’t know what his reasons are for making the choice, how can you decide he’s being irrational?

Maybe he just ****ing hates purple?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you don’t know what his reasons are for making the choice, how can you decide he’s being irrational?

Maybe he just ******* hates purple?
Don't we all.

fac80bce96141e8f0fa4dec942d67363

The light of day..
Yes...and apparently the PSD factor was mentioned by both Brockman and manager as negotiations started. If true, very poor form IMO.

The light of day..

Supporting a young family in an AFL environment can't be something you expecting something else in return for. It's the bare minimum environment you should be putting these young men in. They don't then owe the club.

Supporting a young family in an AFL environment can't be something you expecting something else in return for. It's the bare minimum environment you should be putting these young men in. They don't then owe the club.
Im not suggesting it be expected or asked for by hawthorn, I’m saying it should be a priority for Brockman when deciding to move clubs..

I'm not sure I understand the benefit of sending Brockman to WCE in the PSD instead of to WCE via a trade...
Future third from West Coast and Richmond and try to and package points in 2024 for a better pick in 2024, 3 picks in the 30's is enough to get Brisbane's First next year.

That's my thinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back