Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should have thought through my request more- wouldn't want you to do anything that'd disadvantage the club, you or the other ITKs!
I appreciate the sentiment all the same*

*my DMs are open
Yeah I deleted my earlier post. TP had a very valid point and I was probably getting a bit ahead of myself.

Why does Mark always decide to wake up after 6pm everyday. Always seems to be night news about us and f all during the day

Why does Mark always decide to wake up after 6pm everyday. Always seems to be night news about us and f all during the day
He must be on Perf time.
Eagles are from Perf.
Eagles hold #1 pick.
#It'sHappening!

Think About It GIF by Identity
Loves overtime rates
Sleepy smart

Unfortunately for most of us who just want this period to be over, picks can be swapped right up until minutes before WC are forced to use that pick 1 on draft night, so I'm not sure there's much of a rush this minute. Reckon it will be a stalemate for some time and WC will get more desperate in the days leading up.

I don’t think West Coast will get desperate at all, North might though. If the eagles hold firm in wanting 2 and 3, North might cave.

If they pass, West Coast could just call the hawks and agree to 4 and F1.. Or take Reid.

If they keep it, we get one of Duursma, Watson, McKercher, or Curtin, and keep our F1.

If they trade for 2 and 3, we’ll get Duursma.

Or they trade with us and we get Reid.

There’s no losing situation here, we’ll either get Reid or a top end talent and another next year.

I don’t think West Coast will get desperate at all, North might though. If the eagles hold firm in wanting 2 and 3, North might cave.

If they pass, West Coast could just call the hawks and agree to 4 and F1.. Or take Reid.

If they keep it, we get one of Duursma, Watson, McKercher, or Curtin, and keep our F1.

There’s no losing situation here, we’ll either get Reid or a top end talent and another next year.
If Norf go 2, 15 and a F1 WCE should take that and run

They get their man another top 15 and will probably have pick 1 and 2 next year

I’d say North have three picks better than our best pick. Their F1 is likely another top 2. North will sort out a trade, it’s a matter of whether it’s one of those three pieces plus other picks or whether West Coast can squeeze two of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shhhhhh... mate.
There are Eagle & North spies here.

Eagles will want pick 2 in any swap with beggars
They’ll want to be guaranteed of getting Curtin.
100%.

Unless North agree to 2 + 3 before deadline then I reckon Eagles sit on pick 1 until draft night and then take the best of one of these 'in principle' deals (maybe some later pick swaps) in order:

1. North: 2 + 3

2. North: 2 + F1

3. Hawks: 4 + F1

Dees from what I understand are keen too but I'm not sure what they've offered so far. Presumably at least 6 + 11 + F1 which would still be behind us in my estimation.

That said, if I were the Eagles I'd be taking Reid and then offering F1 for every live pick while Curtin is still on the board.

It feels we’re playing down our interest in this publicly to minimise what Lions think we can get out of us. Surely we’ve been talking to Jack about this for some time and it’ll end up being something like a swap of 4th rounders to get it done.

There is so much wrong with this, I'm not sure where to start. But given it's David King, it's hardly surprising.

“They just moved him on for this exact reason,” King said of Gunston’s move at the end of 2022.

“Those guys (O’Meara, Gunston, Mitchell) if they’re there, would be playing 12, 15, 18 games a year and holding up the Newcombes and the Days who are frontliners now in this rebuild.

“I think someone needs to sit down with Jack Gunston … he doesn’t want to go to a club that’s rebuilding because there’s no point investing the games into Jack rather than the kids"

We didn't want to move him on. He requested and it seems like Sam and co reluctantly agreed.

Gunston isn't taking games off Newcome and Day. Stupid throwing his name in with JOM and Mitchell. We don't have the forward depth like we do in the midfield where we're trying to fast track the kids.

Maybe Jack is satisfied with where his career is at and is happy on a 1 or 2 year contract and with x amount of games a year while mentoring younger players.

Got his facts wrong.
We didn’t ‘move him on’ at the end of 2022.
We wanted Gunners to stay!
Correct.

However, I agree with eveything else Kingy said. I may be in a minority here but I'd rather not have Jack, whom I love as much as any other Hawk, taking up a spot in the 23 - or on the list for that matter - at the expense of a young prospect.

That said, if Sam reckons otherwise, I'll back our coach in 100%.

There is so much wrong with this, I'm not sure where to start. But given it's David King, it's hardly surprising
Yeah David is clearly posting his usual offal. He's posting a purely opinionated piece that bears little relation to reality.
We would love to get Jack back for even a half-season of games for his teachings alone. Not an emotional decision, a pragmatic one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back