Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez there’s some overreaction’s on here regarding his salary. The average is currently 450k, about to bump up to 500-500k with the new agreement. He’s a free (trade wise) 25yo key defender in a market short on key defenders.. exactly when we need a key defender.

Why spend years setting up our cap to get free agents to ignore him? Not every recruit has to be a superstar, in fact, during our successful years only Burgoyne and Lake were top quality when we got them.

Completely ignorant not to try, if we get priced out then so be it.
Add an extra $300-350 k onto that $500 k amount and that’s what McKay is allegedly asking for.

Hence why we should be avoiding him. No reason to blow our money on someone so average.

Clarko firing shots big time at the AFL today. The league will be seething.

He will get away with it because there is no footy operations person in place 😂 and Andy Dillon is not going to get into a boxing fight with him before he sets up his desk, nor is Gill who has one foot out the door and on his way to Portsea.
No one needs to respond anyway. They can just stay silent and do what they want. North don't have any leverage, nor will any other club be willing to fly the flag for them - the complete opposite in fact.

Clarko has become a whinging old man.
its the environment he is in that doesn't help. They ****ed everything up but somehow everyone is against them. That's how that whole club and its supporters think at present. They stoop so low as to also compare themselves with a start up club who every other club knows was getting assistance because they were in a growing market. If they wanted the the same handouts and assistance, they could have had it when they had the chance to move.

Putting aside North Melbourne's own cries for charity, Clarko is spot on about the compromised drafts. It is a joke. It seems every top 10 is compromised by several picks in recent seasons.
I can assure you if/when Hawthorn were to benefit significantly from any father selections, the rules will be changed. Pronto.
Someone should ask him, to explain the NGA pre selection they are asking for this year - why? No other club has been able to do this

The Hodge Crawford and Lewis boys better be quality 😂 it’s time we cashed in.

Look at the Dogs. Top 4 and then get Jamarra and the Darcy boy for nothing. Both were rated top 3 in the country.
Will pick up Croft in the first round too.

No one needs to respond anyway. They can just stay silent and do what they want. North don't have any leverage, nor will any other club be willing to fly the flag for them - the complete opposite in fact.

The AFL don’t like it when the brand is dragged through the mud so publicly. He is firing some shots and using the Suns as an example of being gifted gun players and compromised drafts won’t sit well.

Wait until his best mates Dimma and Douggy Evans respond.

He says North isn't given any assistance at all. They literally got two priority picks last year.

He also forgets that Scotty tipped out all the players at the same time and then took off mid contract and got a FT job at the AFL while the Roos were left to try and clean up the mess.

It’s a hard one. Do you keep rewarding incompetence?

The AFL don’t like it when the brand is dragged through the mud so publicly. He is firing some shots and using the Suns as an example of being gifted gun players and compromised drafts won’t sit well.

Wait until his best mates Dimma and Douggy Evans respond.
True, but if they respond publicly it just fuels that fire and the media will run with it. The AFL's MO on undesirable narratives is to stay quiet and hope it goes away. If they're literally forced into a public comment that's when the claws come out. Eg. The whole saga with our report this year.

I reckon a couple phone calls have been or will be made this arvo. One to the Suns advising they don't engage on the topic. Another to Sonja Hood suggesting she have a quiet word with Clarko.

The Hodge Crawford and Lewis boys better be quality 😂 it’s time we cashed in.

Look at the Dogs. Top 4 and then get Jamarra and the Darcy boy for nothing. Both were rated top 3 in the country.
Ran in to Crawf with two of his boys at the airport. They’re living up in the GC atm.
Geez Crawf was a gun in his prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding Norf, I will be shocked if Hunter Clark isn’t a Roo come trade time (from what I have been told)
Was close to happening last year & I reckon it will be done this year.

North letting their best KPD go when their tall backs are decimated, just so they can draft another gun mid = a form of tanking.

If the AFL really want to equialise the solution is easy. Scrap free agency compos. Keep academies and father son but only apply a discount for selections after the first round.

Wonder if the play for McKay has more to it now. Could we be angling for a better pick for someone like a frost in exchange for getting the compo to pick 2 with a handshake about who they are taking? Getting our hands on their 3rd (38) rather than a fourth could put us front of the queue for suns first, coupled with dogs second and our f1.

North letting their best KPD go when their tall backs are decimated, just so they can draft another gun mid = a form of tanking.

If the AFL really want to equialise the solution is easy. Scrap free agency compos. Keep academies and father son but only apply a discount for selections after the first round.
The only way to equalise with is keep free agency but if you make the 8 you can’t sign a free agent from a bottom 8 club. Furthermore if you finish top 4 you’re exempt from signing a FA. There fixed

I see the point. A basket case like North needs as much help as Fold Coast to stay relevant.
It will be interesting to see what the AFL hand the Roos this year.
If its pick 2 and Saunders they can not complain ever again. F#$king charity case clubs and academies are a blight on the AFL.

I hate jumping between universes. Can I just go back to the one where everyone realises Ben McKay is bad.

I see the point. A basket case like North needs as much help as Fold Coast to stay relevant.
It will be interesting to see what the AFL hand the Roos this year.
If its pick 2 and Saunders they can not complain ever again. F#$king charity case clubs and academies are a blight on the AFL.

I heard something during the week they have around 18 first and second round pics combined on the list. This is firmly a development issue and should not be rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back