Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So instead of North getting Pick 2,3,4 they will get pick 2,3 and 19. Plus 2024 Pick 20 &21 (There almost guaranteed a bottom 2 finish next season again)

Essendn ... the graveyard for any footballer looking to have a great career.
Norf....... the cry baby centre for the juvenile.
The shit the rest of the competition have to deal with!!

respectfully dont agree with you, I have him at #8 on my board that I have been working on all year (sounding like a real fun filled bloke here)

I have Reid, Walter, Duursma, McKercher, Watson, Curtin and Read ahead of him as it stands.

He has a great Championships but if they take him top 3 it would raise my eyebrows big time
Will Phillips says Hi!

Well McKay certainly sold his life away - what an absolute Barry Crocker. Went down to the last day, but I suspect him growing up for the dons played a larger part than assumed + being mates with Ridley. Still a huge loss by us imo - apologies for bringing this back up, but logged off Friday and haven't logged back in since.

Still think our main focus needs to be on Chol and that pick 4. I don't think we can match a lot of other deals that will be offered for both pick 4 + Chol, which hurts us.

Could have really filled two needs - both a KEYF and KEYD this period, and its not looking great.

McCabe will come in, but suspect he won't be ready for a while. What kills me is DGB. He was the key to all of this. Can miracles happen? Would love for a full pre season into him this pre season and see something come March '24 that he is really showing signs of being something. A lot of clubs that year would have taken him with Pick 1. Really need him to show something for our structure to look a lot better, and saves us potentially spending $$$ elsewhere, or losing picks to compensate. But who knows, maybe not here at the end of this trade period, but I highly doubt that, given the currency we would get for him would be shocking.

Would love the Oscar Allen noise to be something, but as I reiterated in my post on him, it would be next to near impossible even if he did want to leave.

Chol should be the focus. Doubt we get Smith. Esava (although I don't really rate) and McKay are bad misses for us. Really bad.

Back to the draft & drawing board we go I guess!

respectfully dont agree with you, I have him at #8 on my board that I have been working on all year (sounding like a real fun filled bloke here)

I have Reid, Walter, Duursma, McKercher, Watson, Curtin and Read ahead of him as it stands.

He has a great Championships but if they take him top 3 it would raise my eyebrows big time
A lot of the Kieren Lovell’s about Sanders. Happy to be wrong but I don’t think he’s going to be great.

A lot of the Kieren Lovell’s about Sanders. Happy to be wrong but I don’t think he’s going to be great.
I might be wrong here but I don’t think Lovell had anything close to the champs performances that Sanders had.

Yeah he accumulates plenty and showed in the championships a real ability to float forward and hit the scoreboard. The only reason I see them taking him top 3 is that they made so much noise about getting him to sign on the line to be an NGA option.

I think he will be a solid player at the next level but I wouldnt want Hawthorn taking him with their pick

Well McKay certainly sold his life away - what an absolute Barry Crocker. Went down to the last day, but I suspect him growing up for the dons played a larger part than assumed + being mates with Ridley. Still a huge loss by us imo - apologies for bringing this back up, but logged off Friday and haven't logged back in since.

Still think our main focus needs to be on Chol and that pick 4. I don't think we can match a lot of other deals that will be offered for both pick 4 + Chol, which hurts us.

Could have really filled two needs - both a KEYF and KEYD this period, and its not looking great.

McCabe will come in, but suspect he won't be ready for a while. What kills me is DGB. He was the key to all of this. Can miracles happen? Would love for a full pre season into him this pre season and see something come March '24 that he is really showing signs of being something. A lot of clubs that year would have taken him with Pick 1. Really need him to show something for our structure to look a lot better, and saves us potentially spending $$$ elsewhere, or losing picks to compensate. But who knows, maybe not here at the end of this trade period, but I highly doubt that, given the currency we would get for him would be shocking.

Would love the Oscar Allen noise to be something, but as I reiterated in my post on him, it would be next to near impossible even if he did want to leave.

Chol should be the focus. Doubt we get Smith. Esava (although I don't really rate) and McKay are bad misses for us. Really bad.

Back to the draft & drawing board we go I guess!
Surely the club has a few other things up their sleeve. Just going back to the draft would be pretty tough pill to swallow considering we have some fairly obvious structural needs for next year which the club have publicly identified.

Still think there’s a lot to play out.

this angle of them trading the picks to assure them not being reviewed might suggest if moving people to North they are more likely to offer those future picks.

Wonder if they try and package all those next years picks to GC for 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the club has a few other things up their sleeve. Just going back to the draft would be pretty tough pill to swallow considering we have some fairly obvious structural needs for next year which the club have publicly identified.

I'm inclined to believe this - but what options do we have?

Probably do have something up our sleeve, but whether that gets done or not is another thing.

Sleepy Mark said we are going to be aggressive. Whatever that means?

I'm inclined to believe this - but what options do we have?

Probably do have something up our sleeve, but whether that gets done or not is another thing.
I’m not really sure but I’d be pretty surprised if you’ve got the GM of football saying we’re going to be very active in the trade market particularly with regard to kpp’s, Sam saying the same thing and that we’re actively looking at kpp stock, if all we had potentially lined up was a free agent who’s been chased by a bunch of other clubs and Ratagolea, also been pursued by a number of parties. Usually you’d expect us to be pretty far down the line with parties by this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back