Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed, I think they get the points this year quite simply and will look for best 2024 pick they can get.

I’m pretty sure a poster laid it out and they’ll only need like two picks in the 20s to match the 3 bids given the discount.
If this is true- the whole points system needs to be scrapped and redesigned

Another sign needed it seems.
WEST COAST ARE NOT FREO.😂
west coast are no certainty to take Curtin they have a great track record of keeping interstate players. They would laugh 2,19,20 away. It’s top 5 top 10 and first round to even enter the room. They are keen on Reid so it will take a lot to change that. North need to get McKay compo or suns pick and trade one back with dees or gws then they are in the box seat.

Another sign needed it seems.
WEST COAST ARE NOT FREO.😂
west coast are no certainty to take Curtin they have a great track record of keeping interstate players. They would laugh 2,19,20 away. It’s top 5 top 10 and first round to even enter the room. They are keen on Reid so it will take a lot to change that. North need to get McKay compo or suns pick and trade one back with dees or gws then they are in the box seat.
Exactly.
West coast can take Reid and have good odds to get Curtin in 2-3years for a later first round pick anyhow bc North are likely to ruin the lad and he’d want to get the hell out of there.

If I was WCE that is exactly what I would do unless someone offered two top 5-8 picks.

Exactly.
West coast can take Reid and have good odds to get Curtin in 2-3years for a later first round pick anyhow bc North are likely to ruin the lad and he’d want to get the hell out of there.

If I was WCE that is exactly what I would do unless someone offered two top 5-8 picks.
Spot on.

Just nurture Reid and get Curtin for pennies on the dollar, like they most likely will with DGB

Exactly.

Under my scenario assuming AFL rig the McKay compo so picks move back 1 after 3, they will have them
Trade 3 with Dees to hold 2/6/14/15/20 plus f19/20
Trade 3 with GWS to hold 2/7/15/16/20

Surely either of 2/6/15 or 2/7/16 gets it done for pick 1.

They are separate trades. How do we beat the Dogs offer of 10,17 and a future 1st?
Our F1 and 29 is a good starting point.

Doggies have enough talent to end up top 4. We would be predicted bottom 4 next year.

I know what offer I'd take, unless they think they can receive some serious F1 capital for 10 and 17

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our F1 and 29 is a good starting point.

Doggies have enough talent to end up top 4. We would be predicted bottom 4 next year.

I know what offer I'd take, unless they think they can receive some serious F1 capital for 10 and 17

Suns should be going after lions and ports f1s. Lions could use talent now as in the window and have Levi Ashcroft F/S next year. Port openly shipping their first for picks to bring in their players this trade period and I think they will drop next year so could be good value.

Suns should be going after lions and ports f1s. Lions could use talent now as in the window and have Levi Ashcroft F/S next year. Port openly shipping their first for picks to bring in their players this trade period and I think they will drop next year so could be good value.
Fair play to them if they land a couple of 1sts next year we can't get it.

Out F1 being top 5 potential is a good offer. If it gets beaten, it gets beaten.

And we all scoffed and laughed about the f4…

“The other is around future trading, with current rules stating a club can only trade a future first-round pick if they hold a 'full suite' of future selections – their first, second, third and fourth-round picks.

But the AFL has sought feedback on removing the need to have a future fourth-rounder to be able to move the future first, which clubs believe will change this trade period. – Callum Twomey”

Also not sure how you can trade your f1 and still keep a full suite of future selections including their first…

How I imagine North's bargaining tactics will be this entire trade season

"We can't lose McKay for just an end of first round pick"
Sarcastic Joke GIF

Once again I said: Hawks receive pick 26 from Richmond in a trade for Koschitzke + pick 49
If Kosi is worth **** all like a few on here think then we just send him to the PSD. He can end up at North or back with us. Otherwise Richmond need to pay up if they want him. Remember, he is supposedly worth **** all......

Jon Ralph reckons McKay deal might not trigger band 1 compo

So it shouldn’t. 70 games in 7 years and averages 10 possessions a game .

The AFL can cook up whatever secret herbs and spices they want but there is no way any club should be getting pick 3 for that player no matter what any other club want to pay him.

Let Norf match the bid and then force a player to stay against his will as Dodo is not handing a first round pick over for him.

What a sh.t show it will become .

Jon Ralph reckons McKay deal might not trigger band 1 compo
Don’t really understand his concept of mathematics either.

2 years ago $790k was minimum to get Tier 1 compo and we’ve had a 5% increase and a further 10% increase for next year.

Dons have offered $780k per year but according to Ralph only need to pay $800k a year to trigger tier 1?

$790k * 1.05 = $829.5k (5% growth)
$829.5k * 1.10 = $912.45k (10% growth compounded for next year)

$912.45k is a whole lot more than $800k Ralphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back