Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely wonder if our plan here is to bring in pick 4 to trade up to pick one with out necessarily removing our future first.

Don't get me wrong having 3/4 would be elite and would guarantee us two significant pieces moving forward, but I feel that if the club can land Reid it will be more than happy to back in what we currently have and trust that we can bring in significant pieces over the next couple off seasons (Smith etc)
How are we getting pick 4?

4-5 years for Chol is crazy - hard to get excited by that. That’s a large call for club on a guy who’ll be at his 3rd club with noted work ethic issues. We must have been desperate for a tall. Has a vickery feel to it.

Interesting to find out the trade cost.

I genuinely wonder if our plan here is to bring in pick 4 to trade up to pick one with out necessarily removing our future first.

Don't get me wrong having 3/4 would be elite and would guarantee us two significant pieces moving forward, but I feel that if the club can land Reid it will be more than happy to back in what we currently have and trust that we can bring in significant pieces over the next couple off seasons (Smith etc)
We have no realistic way to move up to pick 4 without including our future first though.

Mate you disappeared for a week or so after your info didn't eventuate recently.

Stratton24 disappeared last year after his Mitchell call didn't eventuate and has reinvented himself as Platten44 recently.

RNL got things wrong.

It happens.

Everyone appreciates the information being shared by you all.

100% this.

I was basically told by a family member of his that Charlie Spargo was going to request a trade to North.

That hasn't even happened yet, and still may not. Things change.

These blokes are making informed decision about their careers and future prospects. They aren't simply sticking to their first thought because they shared the possibility of it happening with somebody they either know or trust.

4-5 years for Chol is crazy - hard to get excited by that. That’s a large call for club on a guy who’ll be at his 3rd club with noted work ethic issues. We must have been desperate for a tall. Has a vickery feel to it.

Interesting to find out the trade cost.
Yeah even with the KPP tax that is going around that is a big deal...

We are so quick to smash posters who have inside information and it turns out different.
We all come on here to vacuum any info on players but when it doesn’t come to fruition- we slam them.

For me - thanks to the ‘in the know’ posters, it adds to a boring period where our club isn’t playing finals and is looking to build for the future.
This!

I don't get the excitement over Chol. No doubt he has ability. To me he is very nonchalant and lacks real desire to get the footy. Jeka has ability but seems to lack desire. So to me we would be swapping one for another. Just my opinion.

I don't get the excitement over Chol. No doubt he has ability. To me he is very nonchalant and lacks real desire to get the footy. Jeka has ability but seems to lack desire. So to me we would be swapping one for another. Just my opinion.
I am not as excited about Chol as some on here but lets be clear

One has a 44 goal season on his resume

The other has shown to be good but still inconsistent at VFL level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% this.

I was basically told by a family member of his that Charlie Spargo was going to request a trade to North.

That hasn't even happened yet, and still may not. Things change.

These blokes are making informed decision about their careers and future prospects. They aren't simply sticking to their first thought because they shared the possibility of it happening with somebody they either know or trust.
Good example of this is Devon Robertson.
Apparently he's been constantly changing his mind about going to West Cost. He told Brisbane at exit interview he was staying then decided he was leaving and now is staying at Brisbane.
It really is fluid situation sometimes.

You mean 200% focus on Harley?

I know the talk today has been that Bailey is going to see out his contract at the Dogs and of course, everyone has been keen on Harley all year but my vibe-ometer is still telling me Bailey is coming over. I'm feeling the love.

Pick 30 is probably right for Chol. Might seem a bit overs but there's a seriously demand for talls at the moment.
Would focus on some of GC's back end picks while offering 30. They are going to lose a lot of them anyway

We have no realistic way to move up to pick 4 without including our future first though.
How are we getting pick 4?
I wonder if a swap of future firsts and some extra in this years draft could make it work?
Kozi pick + 30 + 49 + F1 + F2 for Chol + Pick 4 + F1 + F3

They get more points and cop a very good hand for next year. We don't get fully shafted but potentially slide back a fair bit next year- admittedly we are getting a sizeable favour in here regardless.

Mate you disappeared for a week or so after your info didn't eventuate recently.

Stratton24 disappeared last year after his Mitchell call didn't eventuate and has reinvented himself as Platten44 recently.

RNL got things wrong.

It happens.

Everyone appreciates the information being shared by you all.
It’s a fair point

More in the relation the rapid fire denials by said poster instead of just being humble enough to accept other people’s opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back