Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bugger, water the garden , walk the dog and miss page 1000. Oh well now that's been put to bed, whats happened in the trading? Anyone?
There is a sneaky word that we have our eyes on someone, hence the picks.

So where we stand after an 'interesting' trade period.

Just my 2 cents.

Outs:
Brockman
(not much negotiation power and just a shame that Fremantle couldn't make a more convincing case) - Borderline pass/fail - would have preferred mid 30's (which we got sort of close)
Kosi (not much negotiation power and I don't think we really wanted him) - Borderline fail - still feel 49 is a bit low
Ryan - okay - really hard to tell at this stage of his career but a F2 is nothing to turn our noses at (although we also swapped a few later draft picks that make this even more marginal)

Ins:
Ginnivan
- okay (feel we overpaid slightly as Collingwood clearly wanted him out, but clearly fills a need)
Gunston - okay (win/win for everyone)
Chol - Borderline fail (needed to bring him in once we lost Ryan. Another fold to give GC, Brisbane's 2nd rounder (and getting pick 62 in return). It seems we paid too much for someone that GC didn't even want when Blues got Hollands for a steal.)
MD - ? - but why even offer pick 63 if we could pick up as UFA

Whilst the free agents weren't inspiring, would have liked to bring in one of McKay or Gresham given we had salary cap space.

Overall: Two fairly uninspiring trade periods in a row now (Grade: C).

Edit: Updated after confirmation of Chol deal

We are meant to be going forward in a rebuild and we have gone backwards.

Hopefully can’t get a game and is insurance with DGB coming on and Chol playing well with Lewis.
Ryan and Kosi were not going to be part of a premiership team. Gunners comes in and holds the spot until Caddy matures or we sign someone else.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

This is a rubbish outcome isn't it. Basically:
1) LIONS F2 (borderline akin to our own F3) for Ryan
2) Gunston for R2 and R3 pick swaps which probably Akin to what we got given for him last year when he was arguably less cooked!!!

I am sure we will take hipwoods next year for a R1 next year

F8tIZDvb0AAMKU0
We need a ‘this is now’ pic.

So trade period basically over.

Will worry about picks later on but

In: Ginnivan, Chol, Gunston & Massimo
Out: Kosi, Ryan, Brockman.

Have our first round pick this year, next year & have a future 2nd (Col), and a second this year.

Team could look like this, although early.

Hardwick - Blanck - Scrimshaw

Seamus - Weddle - Sicily

Anon - Day - Ward

Moore - Chol - Gunston

Breust - Lewis - Ginnivan

Reeves - Newcombe - Worpel

MacDonald - Nash - MacKenzie - Impey

I’d say we would draft one of Watson, Duursma, McKercher or maybe Curtin and all chances to play early. Would all provide skill and pace (Curtin straight line).

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suppose picks in this draft don't matter so much given that we've got 2 father sons and that's probably all we'll take besides Pick 4 but the dealings have all seen us lose ground.

If we trade a future 2nd to Gold Coast for Chol without anything coming back I'll be even more bemused.

We've got plenty of points, don't forget the picks will all come in after the Suns match their academy players.

The Suns have 6 picks before our picks in the 40s so will come in 3 each.

The Dogs have 5 picks in the 50s that will all be gone also after they match Croft.

So the two picks in the 40s will come in 3 each & the two picks in the 60s will come in 7 each.

So ultimately the picks we end up with will be 41,44,54,55 & 56 which will give us 1393 points.

Which gives us enough points to match a bid of upto pick 7.

Can't see much wrong with these deals. Why do so many posters always feel like we lose deals? Especially when picks will be eaten up by FS bids worrying about 39 to 47 is a bit silly.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Because other clubs trade draft picks for bunch of lower order picks (for points). They don't hand proven players away for these nothing picks.

Can't see much wrong with these deals. Why do so many posters always feel like we lose deals? Especially when picks will be eaten up by FS bids worrying about 39 to 47 is a bit silly.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
Don't like how we have gone backwards so far on future picks. Need to make a big jump next season to make it worthwhile

So how high a bid for McCabe can we match now?
or does it depend on where the picks land after other bids etc?
I am tired after work can't be bothered doing the maths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back