Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dees have offered 3 x firsts. That's the kitchen sink.
Nah, pick 6 is one pick too late to hit the top group this year. So it’s two picks outside the top group and another first rounder that is unlikely to be top 10. Pick 4 and our future first, if offered, is better than that

The beggars expecting more charity with their offer. Wretched club. Just piss off

Who’s doing that trade to us though? Really can’t see it happening.

Sydney sent a late first rounder for our 2nd rounder a future 2nd and a future 3rd last draft.

Our future first could potentially be a pick 3 again.

Won’t take too much more than our future first and some change to get it imo.

Sydney sent a late first rounder for our 2nd rounder a future 2nd and a future 3rd last draft.

That was a live pick after Sydney’s target had been picked up elsewhere. Can’t happen in this scenario, we need to do the moves before the draft.

Further, top 10s are a premium and I haven’t seen anything to suggest Sydney want to trade it away this year.

Our offer of pick 4 + future first is better than the dees offer.

Pick 4 > Pick 6
Future 1st which may be top 5 > Pick 11 in a compromised draft and a pick in the late teens.
Maybe it's better in that sense but the Eagles won't settle for just Pick 4 (5) this year and then wait through a whole season for another F1 to come in. I think they're so doomed they need all the help they can get now. If we don't trade our F1 into the top 10 this year, we're absolutely no chance of getting Reid.

Who’s doing that trade to us though? Really can’t see it happening.

Aussie Rules Sport GIF by Essendon FC

plays the start of Bombers song

Why does everyone think we're in this trade?? Didn't West Coast deny us when we did this exact thing with Brockman? I was suggesting we add DGB to that mix but I don't think the club offered that. We don't have the draft capital to add any "sweetener" to this deal, therefore the chances we get Pick 1 are very slim. We should try but it's like 90% not gonna happen with Pick 4 & F1 alone.

Why does everyone think we're in this trade?? Didn't West Coast deny us when we did this exact thing with Brockman? I was suggesting we add DGB to that mix but I don't think the club offered that. We don't have the draft capital to add any "sweetener" to this deal, therefore the chances we get Pick 1 are very slim. We should try but it's like 90% not gonna happen with Pick 4 & F1 alone.
Absolutely it seems to be built on 2 false assumptions.
1. Eagles don’t want Reid / think he’s a flight risk
2. They are the suns

Reid is eagles or most likely North when they cave.

It’s a slim chance but our 4 + F1 is a better offer than what has been offered by North and Dees.

Dees can’t really improve their offer in a meaningful way so they’re out unless they get creative.

North would win if they offered 2 + 3 but appear unwilling to do so, and their reported offer is way off.

Which leaves us. Our offer has been rejected in trade period, but time was on their side then.

When draft night rolls around they’ll either have to use pick 1 on a single player, or trade it for the best offer on the table. Which would appear to be ours.

This has probably been asked multiple times, for us to trade next years first, don’t we have to have a Future 3rd and Future 4th?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have we explored if Norf will be willing to trade their pick 3 for our F1.

We may think Norf are bottom 2 but they may be of the view we are the bottom 2 and expect to be in Top 10 given their "talents".

or even a swap of picks to give us chance of landing Duursma & then making a play for Pick 1.

3+F1 for 4+F1.

We may think Norf are bottom 2 but they may be of the view we are the bottom 2 and expect to be in Top 10 given their "talents".

or even a swap of picks to give us chance of landing Duursma & then making a play for Pick 1.

3+F1 for 4+F1.
Wouldn't surprise me if we have.

Perfect scenario is Clarkson thinks they are ahead of where they are, offloads pick 3 for a F1 and then we draft a generational talent, finish 6th and the beggars get another round of fun coupons!

We’d need the Shinbeggers to guard their picks 2 and 3, and we’d have to pry another top 10 pick this year (to bundle with pick 4) to even get a look in for pick 1. Would our future 1st entice anyone to part with a high pick this year? There are too many variables requiring certain parties to make nonsensical decisions.

Best available at pick 4 + our trade period haul + the natural improvement from our young brigade. That’s a solid platform for next season. We also go into the 2024 trade period with capital to land that headline grabbing recruitment everyone’s been in a frenzy for.

3+F1 for 4+F1.
Even if they did think we were going to finish bottom 2 they'd still want more. That's just who they are.

3+F1 for 4+F1.

They aren't making that trade, and I imagine if they do trade out pick 3 without getting pick 1 then they'll be taking Duursma over McKercher or anyone else.

There is about 10 teams that will fight out for a finals birth. Then there is a group of 6 teams that are on different trajectories and then there is a bottom 2 that will not change. We are in the group of 6 and our future 1st falls anywhere from pick 3 to pick 8. We can’t trade away the future 1st cheaply it holds great value.

There is about 10 teams that will fight out for a finals birth. Then there is a group of 6 teams that are on different trajectories and then there is a bottom 2 that will not change. We are in the group of 6 and our future 1st falls anywhere from pick 3 to pick 8. We can’t trade away the future 1st cheaply it holds great value.

I'd be interested in offering it if we could land Curtin, Caddy or maybe O'Sullivan.

We'd just have to back the side to improve this season. Also, next season the draft is seemingly shaping up to be midfield heavy at the top. Maybe we could snag another KPP?

Doubt we'll see any pick trading anytime soon, clubs holding off until they see how the cards fall on draft night. Some good hypotheticals though.

Pick swap pre-draft:

2019 - 26
2020 - 20
2021 - 8
2022 - 7

Consensus is that Watson, Curtin and Sanders all available at our pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back