List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know what his ceiling will be but he's a very good finisher around goal. Nas looks more like what we lack though. Played 23 games in his first year including QF and a PF. Had 2 finals games of 18 disposals. Probably more exposed form than Nas to be honest.

MILES BERGMAN

The sight of Miles Bergman in full flight on the wing pleased the Power after the 21-year-old underwent two shoulder operations and battled through illness last year to play 10 games. Bergman has shifted from half-back to the wing and looks a clear replacement for departed free agent Karl Amon. With a game-high 651m gained, his ability to cover ground offensively and defensively stood out, finishing with 25 disposals and a goal. – Nathan Schmook

I fail to see how we could win a trade with Port that involved losing Nas.

Hard to know what his ceiling will be but he's a very good finisher around goal. Nas looks more like what we lack though. Played 23 games in his first year including QF and a PF. Had 2 finals games of 18 disposals. Probably more exposed form than Nas to be honest.

MILES BERGMAN

The sight of Miles Bergman in full flight on the wing pleased the Power after the 21-year-old underwent two shoulder operations and battled through illness last year to play 10 games. Bergman has shifted from half-back to the wing and looks a clear replacement for departed free agent Karl Amon. With a game-high 651m gained, his ability to cover ground offensively and defensively stood out, finishing with 25 disposals and a goal. – Nathan Schmook

Not even going to watch this. We don't need another man-bun running around. Thanks for posting.

I fail to see how we could win a trade with Port that involved losing Nas.

Carlton couldn't get out of the room quick enough when they got Judd and handed over Josh Kennedy. You can both win.

I think we will try everything to keep Nas but at the end of the day we are going to have to have a contingency. If that means a player swap that might be the best outcome. Port don't have a FRDP.

Berg has a rising star nomination and only a year older despite being drafted 2 years earlier.

Just my opinion, but l see Bytel and Stocker as fairly important blocks in our list profile right now. We still aren't exactly flush with mids.

29. Crouch, Ross
27. Steele, Jones
25. Gresh
24. Clark
23. Stocker, Bytel,
21. Byrnes
19. Windy, Chito
18. Pou, Hotton
Especially when you consider that Jones, Ross, Gresh and Clark could all be gone by seasons end (unless Ross did reach a trigger for an extra season?)

I’m a lot more confident in Clark staying now that he is under Lyon/Hayes and getting an opportunity in the midfield.

I think if Bytel and Stocker make it as quality players now it’s just a bonus.

I think the three young mids will all go past them pretty quickly.

You are probably right but 2 years ago we assumed that Gresham would be a star of the side and that Bytel was on his way to taking Ross's spot. Windhager and Owens look like they are as promising as anything we've had for years but there are no guarantees that Bytel, Stocker or others don't push up before them. Most players take 4 or 5 years to really peak. Bytel and Stocker have a head start.

I'm not trying to guess who'll make it, just hope that a lot of players take another step forward this season under Lyon's tutelage.

You are probably right but 2 years ago we assumed that Gresham would be a star of the side and that Bytel was on his way to taking Ross's spot. Windhager and Owens look like they are as promising as anything we've had for years but there are no guarantees that Bytel, Stocker or others don't push up before them. Most players take 4 or 5 years to really peak. Bytel and Stocker have a head start.

I'm not trying to guess who'll make it, just hope that a lot of players take another step forward this season under Lyon's tutelage.
I’m just making a prediction.

Bytel and Stocker are 23 now. Not many of the quality mids running around haven’t cemented a spot in a side by now, which is why I see it as a bonus if they do.

Gresham is a very good player

Windy and Owens look to be tracking very nicely. Whether they become elite stars or not we will see, but I do think they’ll go past those two from what I have seen

Last edited:
I’m just making a prediction.

Bytel and Stocker are 23 now. Not many of the quality mids running around haven’t cemented a spot in a side by now, which is why I see it as a bonus if they do.

Gresham is a very player

Windy and Owens look to be tracking very nicely. Whether they become elite stars or not we will see, but I do think they’ll go past those two from what I have seen
Gresham is a very "what" player ?

I’m not sure how you can argue we didn’t get unlucky with the timing on it, but it is what it is.

I’m rapt with Owens and Windy. I think if that draft were to go again Windy would likely go top 10.

Anyone that reads my posts on the draft board would also know that I was a massive Phillippou fan all year so I’m more than happy with the outcome.

Would always be nice to get a bit of extra luck though. I think with where our list sits we probably aren’t going to contend unless we do get some.
There's no luck left unfortunately. Dogs used it all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton couldn't get out of the room quick enough when they got Judd and handed over Josh Kennedy. You can both win.

I think we will try everything to keep Nas but at the end of the day we are going to have to have a contingency. If that means a player swap that might be the best outcome. Port don't have a FRDP.

Berg has a rising star nomination and only a year older despite being drafted 2 years earlier.
That was at the time, 8 years from Judd, 15 from Kennedy.
At least Berg is reasonably young.

Sydney going after TDK makes it seem like they aren't looking to keep Amartey as their Ruck/Fwd. He's a Sandy boy, surely we have a look.
Dead set, (if it's true) how does Sydney afford these mega deals?

Miles Bergman has the same initials as Man Bun.
Just saying…
Also has the same initials as ‘My Boy’ which is what he would instantly become to all of us if he ever crossed over. An elite runner from what I’ve seen with some really nice traits. May not be as flashy as a few, but does the essentials really, really well.

Tom says they just had lunch because nicks mates with SOS but I sure hope there's more to it than that

link to the audio
from 11:30

Tom says they just had lunch because nicks mates with SOS but I sure hope there's more to it than that

link to the audio
from 11:30

Hahah no chance there is anything in it.

Just my opinion, but l see Bytel and Stocker as fairly important blocks in our list profile right now. We still aren't exactly flush with mids.

29. Crouch, Ross
27. Steele, Jones
25. Gresh
24. Clark
23. Stocker, Bytel,
21. Byrnes
19. Windy, Chito
18. Pou, Hotton

Demographics are overrated, if you end up with a plethora of 18 -20 year olds who are better than your 23-24 year olds, you don't need the 23-24 year olds

Hahah no chance there is anything in it.

RTB has said we need outside speed and skills so Daicos fits that bill perfectly. There mighten be anything in it, but there's nothing wrong with asking the question and planting the seed early? Just means Gubby & SOS are earning their $$$ and getting out there checking the landscape of opportunity. If we were to trade out players like Gresham, Jones & Clark it would open up a lot of salary cap.

The other player RTB has indicated we need is another ruckman/key forward. There are not a lot of those type of players about but Ratugolea, Elliott Himmilberg are the obvious targets. Himmilberg particularly is behind Walker/Fogarty/Tilthorpe as a forward & Obrien & Strachan as ruckman. He is originally from Wagga and he would be one I would be putting work into this year. The other option is Joel Amartey from Sydney and ex Sandringham lad, who also has a lot in front of him, Ladhams, Reid, McLean, McDonald.

Last edited:
RTB has said we need outside speed and skills so Daicos fits that bill perfectly. There mighten be anything in it, but there's nothing wrong with asking the question and planting the seed early? Just means Gubby & SOS are earning their $$$ and getting out there checking the landscape of opportunity. If we were to trade out players like Gresham, Jones & Clark it would open up a lot of salary cap.

The other player RTB has indicated we need is another ruckman/key forward. There are not a lot of those type of players about but Ratugolea, Elliott Himmilberg are the obvious targets. Himmilberg particularly is behind Walker/Fogarty/Tilthorpe as a forward & Obrien & Strachan as ruckman. He is originally from Wagga and he would be one I would be putting work into this year. The other option is Joel Amartey from Sydney and ex Sandringham lad, who also has a lot in front of him, Ladhams, Reid, McLean, McDonald.
Discos is contracted for another 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back