List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Out Steele and a 3rd rounder

In dow and pick 4.

Do we really lose that much with the season he had?

It's interesting and SOS has the balls to do it.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Who do you take with pick 4?
Duursma will not replace Steel short term or long term.

What I think we get out of picking up a player like Grundy is flexibility around Marshall.

Tom Campbell is not going to make AFL level. Max Heath is at least one, probably 2 years away. Right now, Marshall goes down and we are in all sorts. Just don't see how we do not have a slight need for a ruckman.

Grundy ticks a lot of boxes. Can do a job in the ruck, is handy around the ground, frees up Marshall. The guy is 2 times All Oz and still young. Not saying we should give away the farm but not likely to cost picks,

Grundy will have a decent trade cost. Doubt we have any players that we can lose that the Dees would take. So that means pics we cannot afford to lose.

We are building a young team to become a good team, rather than trying to win it in 2024.

just a matter of how many dollars.

Grundy will turn 30 next year and will not come cheap trade-wise as several clubs are interested.

We are much better spending that trade capital in our search you a genuine start inside mid or two. If we don't find such players then we are most unlikely to win a flag.

Last edited:

I got laughed at when I mentioned it a few weeks ago, but other clubs have asked about Caminiti and he would be traded if someone who needs a key tall comes forward with a good pick.

King, Sharman, Ownes, Caminiti, Membrey (although maybe not now), Heath, Bing (2025) simply don't all fit together. We need to rebalance the list and generate more speed across the ground but especially the midfield.

I would be angry at the club if we traded him. I personally would not entertain a first rounder.

Jesus if we lose another mid we are going to struggle next year. That seems like idiotic list management. They'd better hope that they have some aces up their sleeve if they do that.

Maybe RTB is as miffed as we are over our underperforming midfield. He did say it would nice to have a young mid as good as Butters, so maybe they have a plan in place.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So is Gresham just a small forward?

100%

He should be our discount Toby Greene, not out discount Gary Ablett.

I'm not argueing with you I just feel you are under appreciating how good he is. I saw plenty of Kouta and I'm guessing you are my age if not older given that he is your comparison.
I think a better comparison would be Simon Black or Lenny Hayes and I feel like when all is said and done he will be better than both of them were. He is that bloody good.
I think you’re going to find a range of views with him.
He is reminding people of different players that they have seen (four that I have seen so far), which is a remarkable compliment.
I will disagree with you on your comparisons to Black or Lenny.
Neither of those two would have taken centre square bounces (and even go close to getting a hit out). Neither were they able to launch themselves into the air like Mitch.
However if Mitch does end up as good as Lenny, I don’t think you will see many people complaining!

100%

He should be our discount Toby Greene, not out discount Gary Ablett.
The problem has always been convincing Gresh of this. Now that he's sniffed the market and realised where he sits, maybe we can get him to buy in more.

After his first couple of years he looked like a future stud, and he knew it. He had an ego and wanted to be a midfielder, we were trash and had nothing to push back on so we gave it a shot. I think he's had over 30 touches once. He can burst from a stoppage but can't kick to a forward to save his life.

If we can get him to buy into being Milne 2.0 and crumb off Max he'll be an AA forward pocket multiple times

I still think Caminiti is worth trying as a back. Would solve a large problem if he could make it back there.

Agree with this.

Hammer (or Hayes) playing in the backline could be a huge win for our list build.

I think you’re going to find a range of views with him.
He is reminding people of different players that they have seen (four that I have seen so far), which is a remarkable compliment.
I will disagree with you on your comparisons to Black or Lenny.
Neither of those two would have taken centre square bounces (and even go close to getting a hit out). Neither were they able to launch themselves into the air like Mitch.
However if Mitch does end up as good as Lenny, I don’t think you will see many people complaining!
Comparing players is always an apples and oranges thing I reckon anyway - they are all different.
Some are more so than others and Mitch is one of them - just enjoy him for what he is and can/will be.
Don't like putting the "Next Kouta", etc. tags on young players myself.

Top 5 pick and another first rounder.

Only Melbourne have that looking at the draft board.

Weren't we into Harmes from them? They also have pick 24.

Pick 5, 24 plus Harmes? Flip 24 for Henry?

Steele for Harmes, Henry and Pick 5?

disagree. Steele had an ordinary year and we were in the 8 for all of it
He still played.

Have a look at his averages in an ordinary year.

We have to replace that still
It was Kane Cornes suggestion, no suggestion that is what the club is looking at It

Can't see any chance of it happening
I had heard it from someone that was saying they had heard it around their club.

So not kane.

I don’t believe it either.

But to the point. It wasn’t a rumour that started with Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back