List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Said earlier I reckon Battle stays. Got that vibe from his post match interview. He said something along the lines of something should be worked out soon. I know a lot of people say that but I felt there was sincerity there. Dude has young kids. This is the contract he can make something out of. He's trying to look after his family.... good luck to him.

I'll be very happy if that's the case.

Rules on the run. As always.
What a laughing stock of a competition we are. Unprofessional AF.
Yep. NGA bidding backtrack another example. AFL's reactive rule changing cost us McKenzie.

AFL is like that cricket captain that moves the field around to where the ball just got hit six times an over.

Gettable -

Membrey - will attract interest from clubs. Clubs tried last year but was too difficult to pry out

Shiel - Twomey just says he doesnā€™t think itā€™s a good fit for us

Macrae - Cats are a decent fit for him

Battle - Hawks have thrown ā€œkitchen sink & Bathroom at himā€ - form from the saints could help sway him. But still weighing up offers
Frustratingly, he didn't actually provide an update on the Shiel situation, just an opinion.

Richmond are smart in offloading Bolton, Baker, Dusty etc this year.

In 3 years' time Tassie will vacuum all the 17yo talent ala GWS. Then they will get 10x first rounders. Then they will get special academy rules to grab Tassie kids early.

Load up on the draft this year and next year or be doomed to add 5+ years on your rebuild.

Like anything, it's only a win if they get their picks right. Our man Toce will probably end up a hero if he nails them. Get them wrong and they'll spend years down. Hard bottom outs aren't in fashion any more.

You're spot on mate. But it's not "like" that's what the AFL wants, it's exactly what they want. The draw is to maximise revenue first, and fairness second. Pendles is about to play game 400 and has never played in Geelong, Tassie, Darwin, Cairns, Canberra or Ballarat.
In 400 games, Pendles has played at 11 venues, with 300 of them either at the MCG or Marvel.

In 2024, St Kilda played at 9 venues (all by Rnd 14 and with the first 5 games each at a different venue).

Did AFL advise anything about contract amount triggers for banding? They said they would make this more transparent.
I'm starting to get that special stkilda feeling in my ass.

They cant release those details because players and AFLPA dont want their salaries as public knowledge. They would be breaching their agreement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're spot on mate. But it's not "like" that's what the AFL wants, it's exactly what they want. The draw is to maximise revenue first, and fairness second. Pendles is about to play game 400 and has never played in Geelong, Tassie, Darwin, Cairns, Canberra or Ballarat. The fact we have a draw that can be so easily manipulated in a professional comp is hilarious in itself. Not to mention this "draw" has to have the same marquee fixtures with the same clubs every single year, gaurenteeing themselves prime time exposure and increased revenue. The best we can hope for is a few more Friday night games.

The Saints being good doesn't move the needle financially for the AFL. They don't want us to fail and us winning would be a good media story, but we are an absolute afterthought in every aspect. Apologies as this isn't trade related but everytime it gets brought up it annoys me haha

Wow thats pretty daming and a huge advantage to a professional sporting club/s. It makes sense of the WA clubs wanting a more even travel agenda. What a mockery it makes of the AFL equality policies.

Can someone pls explain to me why weā€™re not poking harder at Bailey Smith.

Local boy
Already a gun mid would probs be our second best
Has some interesting character traits but we went after Degoey.

Heā€™s exactly what we need

Said earlier I reckon Battle stays. Got that vibe from his post match interview. He said something along the lines of something should be worked out soon. I know a lot of people say that but I felt there was sincerity there. Dude has young kids. This is the contract he can make something out of. He's trying to look after his family.... good luck to him.

I got a similar vibe from that interview. Seemed to have gone from "work it out at the end of the year" to "hopefully something gets sorted soon".

If the rumours are true and he is staying, I'll rest easy not only in keeping a gun player, but knowing that Band 1 is no guarantee. Would like to avoid giving the AFL an opportunity to screw us.

They often bullshit to throw off the scent though.

I got a similar vibe from that interview. Seemed to have gone from "work it out at the end of the year" to "hopefully something gets sorted soon".

If the rumours are true and he is staying, I'll rest easy not only in keeping a gun player, but knowing that Band 1 is no guarantee. Would like to avoid giving the AFL an opportunity to screw us.

It's pretty simple for me. Josh is a good footy player adding to a very good defensive setup. Good players don't grow on trees and a high draft pick is no guarantee.
Plus I don't see our midfield situation as dire as some here do. We take a mid with our first pick and with the likes of Pou and Windy developing I think we'll be ok. I know I go on about it but Owens has potential there. A few people have said through the year they'd like to see how Stocker goes in the midfield... I guess we'll continue to see how that pans out.
If we can pinch a good mid from another club, all the better. Keeping talent like Josh at the club can only be a positive imo. I reckon his best footy is ahead of him.

Local boy

Horrible kick, off an ACL injury and wouldn't come to a small club like ours. Plus, we need to hit the draft before Tassie comes

Local boy

He's more outside runner than inside extractor so I'm guessing he's not a top priority. Also comes with a few issues if rumours are true.

Personally not huge on Bailey Smith.

Outside runner which we have plenty of and a poor kick.

Has a few off-field issues and a bit of a pretty boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back