List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
North will be looking at trading both their 2024 gifted first rounders this year so they don't risk losing them next year.

I think that's the only way we'd get a first for Howard.

We'd then be able to offer that up with our first to try to move up the draft this year or we go into next year with two firsts in a good draft.

Who cares what players are supposedly worth in cash or picks, if we're willing to eat up 1 mil to help out the dons salary predicament then we have at least 1 mil we could be putting towards Greshams salary, front loaded so we end up paying him 550 for the following 4 years, which will be a cheap contract in 2028.

He's a good player who could absolutely help us challenge. If we can afford his salary easily and the potential compensation is a bit s**t or risky then I'd prefer we challenge our coaches to get him back to a 60-shot a goal forward/mid, unless there are others floating around.

If Essendon are on fire, I'm pissing into my shoes.

It needs to be a serious advantage to us otherwise we're just helping an enemy for SFA.
Ahhh I’d say given we’ve got 374 pages of posts(in a second thread) about it quite a few people care what players are worth in cash and picks.

Additionally given you spend 3 fairly lengthy paragraphs justifying paying Gresh a big old contract I’d suggest you do as well.

Relax mate, it’ll be okay.

Ahhh I’d say given we’ve got 374 pages of posts(in a second thread) about it quite a few people care what players are worth in cash and picks.

Additionally given you spend 3 fairly lengthy paragraphs justifying paying Gresh a big old contract I’d suggest you do as well.

Relax mate, it’ll be okay.
😂 True, I care a little bit.
I just mean supporters saying a player is worth a first or a second or a million bucks isn't always a great gauge in the age of free agency.
There are some whack trades getting around. What would a contracted Gresham trade look like? I wouldn't entertain a pick outside of 20. The lure for essendon is obviously not giving up picks i.e you pay more salary to land player, but they've also been foaming up about 2 mil salary cap warchest so I'm not interested in the oliver twist dildo schtick.

😂 True, I care a little bit.
I just mean supporters saying a player is worth a first or a second or a million bucks isn't always a great gauge in the age of free agency.
There are some whack trades getting around. What would a contracted Gresham trade look like? I wouldn't entertain a pick outside of 20. The lure for essendon is obviously not giving up picks i.e you pay more salary to land player, but they've also been foaming up about 2 mil salary cap warchest so I'm not interested in the oliver twist dildo schtick.
Yeh that’s fair. I don’t really begrudge anyone for having thoughts and even feelings about it.

I see pick 13 as overs for Gresh so I’d jump at that. Throw in the Shiel salary dump benefit for Essendon and (provided Gresh wants to go for the contract they’ll offer him) it seems like a pretty good little win for all parties but that’s my personal opinion, I think everyone can probably agree that if it happens no one is getting Dodoroed. Then it really just boils down to your personal preference on taking a swing with 13 or keeping the faith with Gresh.

I also like having two picks in a row, feels like it’s hard to **** em both up.

Cool sorry champ, could have used a dragon or two though.
Gresham is worth what we tell you he is worth, until then, keep walking champ.

Double champed!

Happy Bbc Two GIF by BBC

That argument is gets used often but it really has no legs in my view.
All those father sons and academy selections weren’t available to you guys anyway so it’s still pick 19 or 19th best available player selected. You can’t actually think Gresham is worth a first round pick.. just like Shiel isn’t worth a first round pick, Gresham is worth a early second at best - which is exactly what you would using for him. It’s completely fair
Every supporter base biasly values their players more than what they are.

Every single news station on it says you guys don’t want to keep him.. so I’m absolutely calling your bluff haha. You only say that because Ross plays his poker face well in the media that all of a sudden use are keen to keep him.
Time will tell
Mate you don't get it. Go ahead, call our bluff. We are happy to keep him. He is happy to stay. He wants more money. The club is allowing him to explore the market to see if he can get it. If not, he stays a Saint and you look on with regret. We'll both move on. Essendon fans will question the club's ambition. Since when have the Bombers been bargain hunters anyway? Not exactly your modus operandi. Will you be as stingy with North and lose McKay as well?

Maybe you just don't really want Gresham. That suits us.

Gresh goes for overs, nice one mate. All the best.
Gresh goes for mid range, hmmm is he better on our list than theirs?
Gresh goes for low... Yeah he's better here than there.

Our best interests come first. Then daylight. Then the rest of the competition.

Wowee, whoever out of you lot it was that lured me onto the dons board for that 43 seconds ought to be shot.

Australia has far too many barriers and railings at steep lookouts, it's Darwinian PC gone mad.
I despise the way their forum is laid out.
Akin to opposite-hand crayon scratchings from an undereducated toddler ffs.

First post I saw said they should be demanding Sinn in the BZT trade now that MASSIMO D’AMBROSIO is leaving.

1695731614427.gif

It really is curious why Essendon fans are trying to water down this deal. Why do they care? They just have to spend salary cap money which they claim to have plenty of, no picks at all. Easy! Why are they trying to extract the urine? Is it just fear of being bent over by a lowly club like St Kilda?

Are they doing the same for Ben McKay? Maybe they don't want Jade in the first place; they should watch a few more Saints games.

I'd be happy to keep him with us, he made lots of stuff happen in the forward line, was great in our final. He's a Big-Time Charlie, and pretty inconsistent, that's why a lot of Saints fans are happy for him to go, but as we get better, and get bigger games, he is absolutely going to be an important x-factor player for us.

I hope he stays and lights us up for years to come and Essendon sulk down in the bottom half of the table for the next 20 years wondering what would have happened if they'd had any strength in their convictions. They criticise Dorodo for his stupid bloody games, but they're no better. They just want to screw other teams because of their out-dated superiority complex.

Fak em

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I despise the way their forum is laid out.
Akin to opposite-hand crayon scratchings from an undereducated toddler ffs.

First post I saw said they should be demanding Sinn in the BZT trade now that MASSIMO D’AMBROSIO is leaving.

View attachment 1814964
Yeah but Massimo has that t-shirt x-factor, huge loss. Kmart contract in tatters.

Salvadadorio Hypercolor still a few years off the big time and the whole chameleon thing.

It really is curious why Essendon fans are trying to water down this deal. Why do they care? Is it just fear of being bent over by a lowly club like St Kilda?

Are they doing the same for Ben McKay? Maybe they don't want Jade in the first place; they should watch a few more Saints games.

I'd be happy to keep him with us, he made lots of stuff happen in the forward line, was great in our final. He's a Big-Time Charlie, and pretty inconsistent, that's why a lot of Saints fans are happy for him to go, but as we get better, and get bigger games, he is absolutely going to be an important x-factor player for us.

I hope he stays and lights us up for years to come and Essendon sulk down in the bottom half of the table for the next 20 years wondering what would have happened if they'd had any strength in their convictions. They criticise Dorodo for his stupid bloody games, but they're no better. They just want to screw other teams because of their out-dated superiority complex.

Fak em
It's like being annoyed at flies and old/young people.

They're everywhere.

Pretend you're asleep or a ghost if any approach you.

The only questions here that need to be asked are ...... How desperate are the Dopers to rid themselves of Shiel and his million $ 1 year contract? What are they willing to do and or give up in return for another team to take on his remaining contract and shitty feet?
unfortunately we also have to ask how stupid is sos?how much does he love shiel?how enamoured is he with dodo?how much of a watch is on him by other people at the st.kilda football club?hopefully not this stupid,hopefully he doesnt get the final decision

Is there really, really that much difference between band 1 and band 2 compo in this instance?

I mean, is there that much of a difference between pick 13 and pick 20?

Most if not all of the academy/father sons will be gone before 13 anyway (maybe McCabe doesn't go, probably Croft does) so really it is at max a 9 pick difference, more likely an 8, potentially even a 7 pick difference between the two bands.

Is there that much of a gap between say the player picked at 17/18 (the pick you'd assume we will have after Walters, McKay compo, Read, Walters and Croft are accounted for), and the player picked at 23/24?

That is, and If we're going by the rookie me power rankings, is there that much difference between say a Harry De Martina and a Charlie Edwards?

I for one think that there definitely isn't enough of a difference between these two bands to take on a terrible contract like Shiel's, unless we think he has a significant role to play in our plans next year.

unfortunately we also have to ask how stupid is sos?how much does he love shiel?how enamoured is he with dodo?how much of a watch is on him by other people at the st.kilda football club?hopefully not this stupid,hopefully he doesnt get the final decision

This is ridiculous.

You think SOS may be enamoured with dodo.

However it’s very, very clear that SOS is enamoured with RTB.

And that RTB is enamoured with Banger, Hayes, Boris, Goddard, Bassat and the entire St Kilda Football Club.

Why would SOS crap on all those people just because you believe he’s got the hots for that Essendon dipstick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All logic says we don’t do the John Ralph trade. A supporter of any other club dismisses that insane deal and moves on. But as a Saints fan I am absolutely terrified that we’re gonna give Gresh and 13 for Shiel.
As someone said earlier he is cooked and his history over the last 3 years proves that . He ain’t gonna get much better at his age .
I can’t see how he’d be worth any pick of value when we’re paying 1 mill for an extra pick ffs. That’s a massive amount of money . No wonder R Lyon is fuming that the kangaroos simply get handed a similar pick for absolutely nothing .
Look at it from ess POV . - they wipe 1 mill off the books , they lose a player that doesn’t play . And they lose 150-200 grand of extra money than Gresham is worth at about $750 grand .
So overall they’re about 250 grand better off , plus Gresham. Why the f&$k would we throw in a pick as well . They should already be happy with that deal .

This is ridiculous.

You think SOS may be enamoured with dodo.

However it’s very, very clear that SOS is enamoured with RTB.

And that RTB is enamoured with Banger, Hayes, Boris, Goddard, Bassat and the entire St Kilda Football Club.

Why would SOS crap on all those people just because you believe he’s got the hots for that Essendon dipstick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i hope your right and my concern is wrong,however if essendon get gresham compo i have no doubt that sos is working for essendon not st.kilda,im not saying that will happen,but thats the way some in the media are going,i see nothing wrong with getting concerns out there any way we can to prevent any chance that it does happen

if sos gets us pick 13 and shiel he is my hero,but im looking both ways on this one

I also come in peace.

Do we just skip all this nonsense about Shiel, and you guys just take the band 2 compo and be done with it?
End of first round pick - 19 for you guys and away we go.

FWIW I also laugh at the thought of you guys giving us 13 in any deal for Shiel, I think it’s shocking for you. But Gresham also isn’t worth anywhere near band 1.
Handy player but even band 2 is pushing it.

I know you’ll argue “we’ll just keep him and you get nothing” but there’s too much noise, and reported too many places about you guys wanting him out and happy to let him go.
Just because Ross went on 360 and said “they told us not to make an offer, we want to keep him” doesn’t make it so, what else was he gonna say?
“Oh nah we’re pushing him out the door” no worries here’s your band 3 from us at best then it would be bad practice from you guys to state that publicly and not get yourselves a good deal. Band 2 is a good deal, you take 19 and go to the draft or use it in a trade however you see fit.
No one else is paying him band 1 without getting something good back in return so your not gonna go to another club and try get it there, he’s just not worth it.
But a handy player, I’ll happily have him for a fair price.
Anyway, enjoy the day.
Can you not see what’s happening.
  • Gresham wants more money,
  • Saints don’t want to pay Gresh what he’s asking for.
  • Saints happy to trade him to secure a FRP.

We can deal with Ess:
  • Saints pick up Sheil back end contract plus
  • Saints sweeten deal with late draft pick.
  • Ess draft Gresh on $$$ to trigger band 1
  • Saints receive band 1 compo (#13)
  • Ess gets a player they need (Gresh)
  • Ess free up cap space
  • Ess unclog their mid to dev youth

IMO saints could also trade Gresham to Hawks. Gresh could replace Windgard.
  • Saints trade Gresh to Hawks
  • Saints cover some of his $$$
  • Hawks trigger Band 1
  • Hawks get player they need
  • Saints get #13
  • Saints don’t have to deal with Ess

Far out, why do people think we got SOS in the first place? Just because he's Ross's mate?

He's an experienced list manager who won't get pushed around. Not by Dildo, nor by anyone. Stop tripping. Gags got screwed by Freo and Sydney, not SOS.

We hold the whip hand, we don't need a trade to happen, other clubs do. Shiel absolutely doesn't need to happen, it's Dildo trying to get something for the courtesy of a higher band of compo. Fair enough, but if its too much its too much, SOS knows that.

Stop tripping and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back