List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit stiff to write off Byrnes, he’s out in some good performers this year and is young. You need depth as well
Correct - this year he more than showed he is capable and like most young players he has still got improvement in him.
His games against Fremantle and the Bombers were standouts to me , showed he can be a very handy and the reason Lyon stuck with him for so many games.
May not be best 22 but if needed he slots in no problems - gives his all.
Byrnes has shown he not he is not injury prone like some and for 3yrs on a basic salary with upgrades for performance to give him incentive is a good contract for the kid - just turned 22 and should be in his prime by 24 like the Petracca and Parish were.

DMac improved considerably over the years. No one could believe it when he was offered a three year deal. He was a deer in the headlight with horrible kicking disposal.
Why can’t Byrnes, who is still young but has similar fitness and athletic traits?
I’m not a Byrnes hater, but DMac had a v nice left peg at U 18s. It was his composure that was the let down.

I’m not a Byrnes hater, but DMac had a v nice left peg at U 18s. It was his composure that was the let down.
Just saying that he has already shown improvement and who is to say that at 22 he has hit his ceiling?

I love DMac but it took him a good few years to really show what he’s got.
Im not writing off a 22 yr old just yet. Not saying he’s going to be a Brownlow medallist, but could still turn into a very handy and durable player for us.

Patience, possums.

Sorry no, but did hear 5 years from North for Fisher. Wow. And they want hand outs.
the hand outs narrative has absolutely nothing to do with north. its all about the big clubs positioning them selves to rebuild quicker. they know it takes a decade now to rebuild.

this is everything about WCE, Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn not wanting to have to do it tough like we did.

Screw the National Draft, I'm keen to see who we will take first pick in the rookie draft.

Pretty outrageous to think that we could legitimately have 3 All-Australians in the same year, all from the rookie draft - Sincs, Wilkie and Marshall
Exactly, really shows that drafting is a bit of luck and rest is development/player’s own will.. We bagged 4 high potential players last year (Phillipou, Van Es, Hotton, Keeler) with 1 first rounder only, although having only 1 first round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to be honest, if you played as a half back in Richo’s backline, you would lose your composure too!! No game plan / structure except kicking long and blindly to big packs..

Spoke to an individual in position of power at the club this evening… two things stuck with me:
1. Ross doesn’t rate a few players who have been getting games (implied Howard and Gresham are 2 of them)
2. The club via SOS and Gubby will be active this trade period, words to the effect of they don’t rate the list
I've heard one thing, he doesn't like players who don't have self discipline and try to bite off more than they can chew too often. It's OK to have flair etc and try to take the difficult kicks, but not taking on players and putting your team mates under pressure. So reckon you're right on cue there.

Gresham and Howard definitely fit that bill

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

A real suck

PlfWeZQ.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoke to an individual in position of power at the club this evening… two things stuck with me:
1. Ross doesn’t rate a few players who have been getting games (implied Howard and Gresham are 2 of them)
2. The club via SOS and Gubby will be active this trade period, words to the effect of they don’t rate the list
Maybe the list doesn’t rate SOS and Gubby?

I wrote this a few weeks a go and nothing has changed.
Tomlinson wants to get to the saints.
Wanted to do it last year and Melbourne blocked it.
There are a few clubs sniffing around now but still wants to go to saints.
Trade Howard who is on $600k and get in Tomlinson for $350 and save cash and get a good draft pick.

I wrote this a few weeks a go and nothing has changed.
Tomlinson wants to get to the saints.
Wanted to do it last year and Melbourne blocked it.
There are a few clubs sniffing around now but still wants to go to saints.
Trade Howard who is on $600k and get in Tomlinson for $350 and save cash and get a good draft pick.
Jesus, we've been linked to Tomlinson for about a decade now. Didn't we actively try and get him out of GWS during the Richo years, to no avail?
He's not the worst option going around, but is he a need?

the hand outs narrative has absolutely nothing to do with north. its all about the big clubs positioning them selves to rebuild quicker. they know it takes a decade now to rebuild.

this is everything about WCE, Geelong, Richmond, Hawthorn not wanting to have to do it tough like we did.

Hawks won't be down long, they are soft tanking. They'll finish mid table next year and rise after that. Geelong and WC are the real issues. They went all in on one last flag and are starting from a long way back. Pies will have a big fall in a couple of years too. So many of their best players are very old. They are similar to the Cats but a couple of years behind.

Jesus, we've been linked to Tomlinson for about a decade now. Didn't we actively try and get him out of GWS during the Richo years, to no avail?
He's not the worst option going around, but is he a need?

I was really dubious of picking him up but on SEN they had a stats guy on who was saying that he was the best one on one defender over the last decade added together (or something along those lines). Had lost the fewest individual contests basically of any defender. He could be a real Zac Dawson pick up. Nothing to excite the fans but first picked by the boss. Age is his biggest downside.

I was really dubious of picking him up but on SEN they had a stats guy on who was saying that he was the best one on one defender over the last decade added together (or something along those lines). Had lost the fewest individual contests basically of any defender. He could be a real Zac Dawson pick up. Nothing to excite the fans but first picked by the boss. Age is his biggest downside.
Tomlinson comes in for a year or two, plays VFL next to Van Es or Adams while one of them develops and is insurance if Cordy goes down.

Dougal is all about Dougal. He’d be terrible for the development of a young KPD at VFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back