2023 young talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Motlop went at 27. He was playing senior WAFL football by the end of the year, so that might suggest he was more advanced than Collard. But I would argue Collard's colts performances (average 12 touches and 2.7 goals) have been better than the colts games Motlop played (15 touches and 1.5 goals) before he moved up to league. Motlop maybe playing more mid time. I prefer Collard due to his faster speed.

Another comparison in terms of similar draft rating was Shai Bolton who went at 29. Averaged 17 touches and 2.5 goals at colts level, so he was performing better than Collard. I'd take him at #1 (maybe 2 behind Stewart) in that draft with hindsight.

Brockman went at 46 after averaging 14 touches, but only 0.7 goals, at colts level.

I think just pull the trigger on Collard with our picks in the 20's, don't care if it is risky or he seems hot and cold. We need players with raw speed/skill/x-factor/class. If it doesn't work out, so be it.

This game was requested by a number of people. Collard started on fire looking super dangerous every time Subiaco entered their forward 50, before fading a little in the second half. Just before half time he collided with the goal post, which seemed to take the wind out of him and he could be seen wincing and clutching at his side in the second half.

wakojako

Mate you are a dead set legend. You put all these clips together in your own time unpaid so we cannot thank ya enough. You are always welcome on this board :)

As you have eyes across the league, what are some players that have impressed you the most.

Last edited:
Motlop went at 27. He was playing senior WAFL football by the end of the year, so that might suggest he was more advanced than Collard. But I would argue Collard's colts performances (average 12 touches and 2.7 goals) have been better than the colts games Motlop played (15 touches and 1.5 goals) before he moved up to league. Motlop maybe playing more mid time. I prefer Collard due to his faster speed.

Another comparison in terms of similar draft rating was Shai Bolton who went at 29. Averaged 17 touches and 2.5 goals at colts level, so he was performing better than Collard. I'd take him at #1 (maybe 2 behind Stewart) in that draft with hindsight.

Brockman went at 46 after averaging 14 touches, but only 0.7 goals, at colts level.

I think just pull the trigger on Collard with our picks in the 20's, don't care if it is risky or he seems hot and cold. We need players with raw speed/skill/x-factor/class. If it doesn't work out, so be it.
I was thinking of Motlop as well, there is a much higher ceiling with Collard with Motlop being pretty slow for a small forward IMO. Motlop was also a little nugget already. Think a pick after 25 is justified for a Collard type

I was thinking of Motlop as well, there is a much higher ceiling with Collard with Motlop being pretty slow for a small forward IMO. Motlop was also a little nugget already. Think a pick after 25 is justified for a Collard type
Motlop was highly rated at South Freo because of his contested game. Could tackle and put his head over the ball when needed

It was Bolton's 7 goal performance against East Perth that made recruiters take notice of him.

A couple of weeks later he sold them with 4 goal efforts in the Qualifying final and First Semi for South's.

Edit: Hopefully Collard doesn't kick a bag between now and the end of the season.

It was Bolton's 7 goal performance against East Perth that made recruiters take notice of him.

A couple of weeks later he sold them with 4 goal efforts in the Qualifying final and First Semi for South's.

Edit: Hopefully Collard doesn't kick a bag between now and the end of the season.
Reckon those ribs must be really sore so he’ll have to sit out this week!
Although if I’m in his position and not being picked before 40 means he is off to WC, I would be busting my gut to play as well as possible as often as possible.

Mate you are a dead set legend. You put all these clips together in your own time unpaid so we cannot thank ya enough. You are always welcome on this board :)

As you have eyes across the league, what are some players that have impressed you the most.
Thanks for the love mate, I appreciate it.

Are you referring specifically to the WAFL Colts? I have watched a decent amount of it this season but nowhere near as much as some of the guys on the draft hub board. If you want to dig deeper I recommend checking out the thread Futbolista maintains:

Overall though, I'd say its not the best crop from WA we've seen. Probably only the guys that you've likely already heard about and seen footage of will be definitely drafted: Dan Curtin, Mitch Edwards, Riley Hardeman, Koltyn Tholstrup, Clay Hall and then there are the later smokies like Zane Zakostelsky, Koen Sanchez, Lance Collard, Tyler Senge among others.

Thanks for the love mate, I appreciate it.

Are you referring specifically to the WAFL Colts? I have watched a decent amount of it this season but nowhere near as much as some of the guys on the draft hub board. If you want to dig deeper I recommend checking out the thread Futbolista maintains:

Overall though, I'd say its not the best crop from WA we've seen. Probably only the guys that you've likely already heard about and seen footage of will be definitely drafted: Dan Curtin, Mitch Edwards, Riley Hardeman, Koltyn Tholstrup, Clay Hall and then there are the later smokies like Zane Zakostelsky, Koen Sanchez, Lance Collard, Tyler Senge among others.
I'll throw an obscure one out there.

Cuba Garlett (S) is a West Coast NGA who came down from Kalgoorlie for one game a few weeks ago. (Round 19 v SF)

In that one game he received coaches and BF observers votes playing as a quick rebounding, assured defender. (181cm)

This week the Goldfields Football League announced their league team of the season and Garlett made it - even as a colts age player (2005 dob).

If I was a Fremantle/WCE recruiter I'd been having a very close look at him.

Will Subi sneak him into their colts line-up this week in their 1st semi v EF?

Last edited:
Had flashbacks to my AFL "career" watching him trying to get the ball to someone close to his right side.
Looks like someone needs to literally tell him that at training he is not allowed to handpass right handed under any circumstance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cuba Garlett (S) is a West Coast NGA who came down from Kalgoorlie for one game a few weeks ago. (Round 19 v SF)

In that one game he received coaches and BF observers votes playing in defence as a quick rebounding, assured defender. (181cm)

This week the Goldfields Football League announced their league team of the season and Garlett made it - even as a colts age player (2005 dob).

I'd have Garlett down as a huge chance for next year as an overage draft pick. Eyes are already on him so watch that space for next year.

Collard listed at 185cm on the WAFL website. That's a damn good size and he could even grow a few cm. We will need two picks in the 20s, one to grab a speedy mid and the other for Collard.

Collard listed at 185cm on the WAFL website. That's a damn good size and he could even grow a few cm. We will need two picks in the 20s, one to grab a speedy mid and the other for Collard.
Also listed as 179cm on rookieme. Who knows. He doesn't look 185cm, and I would think the 179cm or low 180's is closer to the mark.

Let's go for 181cm. I have no doubt he's getting drafted. I just can't figure out who to yet. I hope Freo make a play on WC. It's worth it.
Yeah I hope the fact that he’s a WCE nga doesn’t put out guys off drafting him…

In that one game he received coaches and BF observers votes playing as a quick rebounding, assured defender. (181cm)

Good to see Campbell come back into a bit of form
Thought his performances during the champs were pretty underwhelming and haven’t been following psa football the back half of the season so not sure how he has been going

Good to see Campbell come back into a bit of form
Thought his performances during the champs were pretty underwhelming and haven’t been following psa football the back half of the season so not sure how he has been going
Yeah, he did seem to drop off for a while but last week he was back to his best and the Sharks will need him to fire up again this weekend as it appears as though Koen Sanchez is unavailable due to injury.

Holy ****, he trapped the ball with his arms, swung around and snapped a goal 35m out. Lance with 5.1 for the game with limited supply.

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 young talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back