2023 young talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks very good. He's now llsted at 196cm so I'm pretty sure he's still growing as he's original draft profile I read had him at 193cm. He's known for terrific speed and being able to play ruck, defence or attack. He could be the long term Alex Pearce replacement potentially.
Anyone 196cm still growing and fast is getting drafted somewhere

I would think that 19 looks like a good pick for either Edwards or Hardeman who fill areas that they desperately need structurally (Athletic Ruck and drive off half back / wing), both being local also a bonus.
Have seen a bit of Hardeman and I’m slightly underwhelmed. Is this guy a touch overrated?

I would think that 19 looks like a good pick for either Edwards or Hardeman who fill areas that they desperately need structurally (Athletic Ruck and drive off half back / wing), both being local also a bonus.

Would they really draft Edwards after drafting Barnett at 23 last year? Along with Williams who finished 6th in their B&F, which indicates they have bigger problems in other areas.

They laugh at our history of drafts and trades, then somehow still get the spoon and discuss moving on the
1st pick?
Then the only difference between Lyon and Simpson is dumb luck.
Outside of 2016 Ross Lyon has never had a genuinely bad season at AFL level and we were pretty damn unlucky to lose quite a few of those games.

West Coast's last two years have genuinely been in discussion for the worst team ever throughout the season.

Kane Cornes is right about one thing. What coach survives that? Adam Simpson apparently. Amazing what a premiership does compared to a close Grand Final loss.

We got the good and the bad from Collard this week. He demonstrated his intriguing talent in kicking another bag of 5 goals for Subiaco. He also had a number of undisciplined passages of play that hurt his team, including giving away a free kick off camera as a teammate was lining up for goal at a crucial moment in the 4th quarter.

We got the good and the bad from Collard this week. He demonstrated his intriguing talent in kicking another bag of 5 goals for Subiaco. He also had a number of undisciplined passages of play that hurt his team, including giving away a free kick off camera as a teammate was lining up for goal at a crucial moment in the 4th quarter.

He could have punched a guy behind play for all I care, that last goal was ridiculous

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If wheels and attitude are your jam, then this is the guy.

There is some serious talent going on here, but it's encased in a thick layer of nitro glycerin.

Without too much knowledge of others around his range and all other things being equal, I'd take him in the early mid 20s and wouldn't hesitate.

We are in a list position where we are better able to afford to miss. WCE can't be wasting shots in the first 20 live picks of a rebuild draft. Doesn't mean nessicarily we take Collard in particular: We can take chances on talented players who have the sort of black marks against their name that push them down the order of the risk adverse recruiter, since we're really at the stage that if you see a real gap in the team you should be trading to fill it.

He's no Crowden, but he has so much talent. Seems like an absolute campaigner too, many of you on about we need more of that. Sign him up.

That said, doubt he passes the short back and sides test. Will be interesting to see where he falls and who we pick nearest to him.

I wouldn't be getting attached as the odds are he goes somewhere else.

He's no Crowden, but he has so much talent. Seems like an absolute campaigner too, many of you on about we need more of that. Sign him up.

That said, doubt he passes the short back and sides test. Will be interesting to see where he falls and who we pick nearest to him.

I wouldn't be getting attached as the odds are he goes somewhere else.
We need a specific Freo term for this? The stupid handshake test?

If he was doing that sort of shit against any other side, I would be "Cool, this chap has exactly the right sort of campaigner in him," but he's dishing it up against Old Easts and that just reeks of not having a clue.

Apparently he watches Shai Bolton highlights before he plays. What he should be taking note of is how Shai doesn't do a lot of dumb shit.

On another note, I feel for Koen Sanchez getting injured at this time. I know he was told by a few clubs who interviewed him that there were question marks about his injuries so getting another just before finals must have felt like a hammer blow. He works hard and is a solid citizen - hopefully his performance in the states was enough to go with his undoubted speed, skills and mindset.

He could have punched a guy behind play for all I care, that last goal was ridiculous
I warned you that last goal was spectacular!

Remember when everyone thought Melbourne was reaching for Kozzie when they traded up for him? Well we need to do the same if we don't think he is in our range. He looks like a dick head but he's got some crazy talent. I hope Wallzy doesn't rule him out because he doesn't pass the 'character' test.

If we drafted him would he turncoat down to Lathlain?
Well it has to happen at some point. I'm sure fans on both sides of the London Derby in Autumn 2001 looking back 24 years to the last time a player had crossed directly to Arsenal to Spurs or vice versa all agreed it would be at least that long till it happened again..

Remove this Banner Ad

2023 young talent time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back