Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Or you could google him and get 400 hits giving you exactly what you're asking for.
I have, I’ve googled all the players up the top and watched their videos.

I can Langford has similarities to a Bontempelli, Lalor a powerful mid/forward in the Petracca mould, Smilie a big inside mid like Cripps ect.. I can see why they are all highly rated.

FOS I just don’t see it, he obviously is highly rated, reading comments he doesn’t seem like he’ll get to Melbourne’s pick but if he does I just want to know I’m supposed to be getting excited about.

If you don’t know yourself that’s fine, just after someone that does to help me out.

I have, I’ve googled all the players up the top and watched their videos.

I can Langford has similarities to a Bontempelli, Lalor a powerful mid/forward in the Petracca mould, Smilie a big inside mid like Cripps ect.. I can see why they are all highly rated.

FOS I just don’t see it, he obviously is highly rated, reading comments he doesn’t seem like he’ll get to Melbourne’s pick but if he does I just want to know I’m supposed to be getting excited about.

If you don’t know yourself that’s fine, just after someone that does to help me out.
Relax, he won't get to Melbourne's pick.

There are dozens of posts on here and other sites and in newspapers describing FOS.

The way it's looking Jagga could almost slip to Melbourne. In 10 years time people are gonna ask the question why Richmond didn't take him I reckon.
Agree. Looks like a bulletproof selection.
Langford and Draper as well.

The other mids have question marks around them.

Relax, he won't get to Melbourne's pick.

There are dozens of posts on here and other sites and in newspapers describing FOS.
A lot of generic stuff described about him that most players have described about them. Haven’t found one player comparison.

Why won’t he get to Melbourne?
Lalor, Draper, Smilie, Jagga, Langford, Murphy all look really good.
What makes FOS top 4 of this bunch that will make him gone by pick 5?

A lot of generic stuff described about him that most players have described about them. Haven’t found one player comparison.

Why won’t he get to Melbourne?
Lalor, Draper, Smilie, Jagga, Langford, Murphy all look really good.
What makes FOS top 4 of this bunch that will make him gone by pick 5?
No offence, you might be 100% genuine with your question, but in this game that's rarely the case.

Typically when someone pops up on the draft board and asks "Why is <insert kid> so highly rated?" they're not actually asking for an opinion on it. They've already made up their own mind, they've decided that he sucks, and they've come in here looking to start an argument or find someone who agrees with them to validate their already held opinion.

No offence, you might be 100% genuine with your question, but in this game that's rarely the case.

Typically when someone pops up on the draft board and asks "Why is <insert kid> so highly rated?" they're not actually asking for an opinion on it. They've already made up their own mind, they've decided that he sucks, and they've come in here looking to start an argument or find someone who agrees with them to validate their already held opinion.
I tend to agree with blackas, every video I have watched of Finn O’Sullivan hasn’t screamed to me that he is worthy of a guaranteed top 5 pick over other players of this draft, yet the consensus is that he is a top 3 pick.

I tend to trust the experts and their opinions, so what is it that makes him a lock for top 3 over the others? What makes him stand out more than most? Thats the question being asked.

I tend to agree with blackas, every video I have watched of Finn O’Sullivan hasn’t screamed to me that he is worthy of a guaranteed top 5 pick over other players of this draft, yet the consensus is that he is a top 3 pick.

I tend to trust the experts and their opinions, so what is it that makes him a lock for top 3 over the others? What makes him stand out more than most? Thats the question being asked.
Think it’s mainly based on his underage year, where he was highly touted as the next number 1.

And the point I was making was that I'm not sure the question is a genuine one. There's been a LOT of FOS discussion here and elsewhere which is not difficult to find if you're genuinely after an answer to your question.

He's an elite and well rounded athlete, agile, fantastic leap, quick. He's the best in the draft IMO with the ball in hand, makes good decisions and can make the footy talk. Can impact in multiple positions. Hits the scoreboard. Competes at a high level. Is spoken about as a strong leader by his peers.

Similar things can be found in the writeups on him on RMC, Cals phantom, ESPN, my youtube channel. etc. Not difficult information to find.

If you don't believe he's worthy of a top 5 pick that's perfectly fine by the way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton can't get close to #3
I suppose they will try to convince eagles, they can use pick 12/14 on Baker and the other possibly to get WA Bo Allan.
Not sure they would accept that deal though.

Carlton is eyeing off West Coast’s number three draft pick in a bid to land one of the top underage midfielders in the country.
The Blues have picks 12 and 14 and have indicated they are keen to surge further up the draft order as part of another aggressive trade move.

Carlton sounded out West Coast on a deal on Friday to swap the Blues’ pick 12, future first-round and second-round for the Eagles’ pick three, before making the deal with Hawthorn.

Carlton has made clear they are interested in West Coast’s third pick in this year’s draft which could give Michael Voss’s men a chance to snare Finn O’Sullivan, who is the cousin of jet midfielder Sam Walsh.

Many recruiters consider O’Sullivan the draft’s top prospect as a brilliantly well-rounded inside-outside ballwinner who is penetrating by foot.

The Blues’ strong interest in landing pick three from West Coast and securing a stand-out midfielder explains why they aren’t going overboard for Port Adelaide’s Dan Houston.

Carlton’s recruiting team will continue to talk about their options with 12 and 14 and whether they can engage West Coast, Melbourne or St Kilda on a pick swap for an earlier selection.

The Blues have confirmed to other clubs they are happy to hold their two draft aces or rise earlier up the order to have a crack at another generational talent.

West Coast would prefer to hold on to three but Carlton will pitch 12 and 14 as a way West Coast can land Liam Baker from Richmond with 12 and a young talent with 14.

The Eagles face a massive 48 hours weighing up their options after missing their chance to secure pick 14 from Hawthorn.

The Blues rate the talent at the top-end of this year’s draft and will engage in more talks across the weekend.

Melbourne is also engaged in talks with clubs about securing a second pick inside the top-10, including Essendon’s number nine selection in exchange for the Demons’ future first-rounder.

Melbourne’s national recruiting manager Jason Taylor has an excellent record and is keen to dip further into a talent pool recruiters are leading for its quality and depth.

Essendon, which has pick nine, wants to take a top talent before a bid comes for gun small forward Isaac Kako.

Melbourne could bid on the jet small forward at pick number five.

Melbourne will be after pick 2, to get FOS. So will Richmond. (If the jungle drums are right and we're taking Lalor at 1. Otherwise we'll be after it to get Lalor.)

North will trade down with one of them and take Tauru at 5 or 6. That's what I'm picking up.

Melbourne is going hard for GC's pick 13 so they can trade it with 5 for 2. Richmond is likewise trying to get 13 to trade it with 6 for 2. If Melbourne gets 13 Richmond will have to offer 6 and 10 or 11.

Let's see if Jason Taylor gets Mark McGowan to write that Melbourne is keen on Tauru at 5. See if Thursfield flinches like Rosa did.

Anyway. That's my theory.

Mate I’m 100% genuine here.

As I said I’m Dees fan, we have pick 5 (soon to be 6). I started researching who we might draft this week.

A week ago I didn’t know anyone in this draft, never heard of Jagga smith or Lalor or anyone week ago.

I’ve researched the top candidates and there’s plenty to be excited about, with O’Sulivan he’s just the guy that hasn’t got me excited but potentially he could end up Melbourne. I just want to know I should be getting excited about with him.

I haven’t watched any of these guys in full games (just highlights) and haven’t made my mind up on anyone (and I won’t until they are well and truly established AFL players) and certainty not claiming some 17-18 year old kid sucks.

Genuinely asking what sort of player he is, his best attributes, strengths and weaknesses and a player comparison

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back